Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > EFT

Old 15-09-2011, 06:19 AM
Master
I'd like to suggest that you say "Even though I sometimes feel I don't like myself, I deeply and completely accept myself."

Old 15-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Master
illusion: thanks for posting this. I had never heard of this before, but I just sat here and tried it out. I'm amazed to say that I do feel better

My energy is definitely lighter and clearer, and I feel very calm. Thank you so much for talking about this technique.

You're welcome, illusion.

We can use EFT for changing our energy in a moment, to feel better... and for changing our longstanding patterns so we feel better more often.

I am working on developing some affirmation statements, and am running into a logical breakdown LOL.

The issue I want to work on is: "I don't like myself" so then my statement becomes "Even though I don't like myself, I deeply love and accept myself."

Kind of illogical? Does that matter to the subconscious mind?

The affirmation is a good one. The subconscious mind isn't based on logic but on memories, beliefs and emotional patterns.

In fact doing a 'scramble' like this phrase can be quite effective in changing our conditioned self evaluations, and other mind habits as well.

We don't have to already believe "I love and accept myself" in order for it to work... we just have to be willing to say it.

One way to use EFT is to go through the acupoint sequence several times alternating on the points with opposite phrases, such as... "accept myself" ... "don't like myself"... and so on.

Xan

Old 15-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Master
bringing this up...

Old 12-01-2012, 02:33 AM
Master
bringing this up...

Old 18-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Master
that's a nice quote in your signature Xan

I wanted to talk to you about some eft stuff but it's sort of stuff I already asked you.. well, like, I wrote down all the things I wanted to change about myself..
and then finally I eventually made a timeline type writing about the incidents from the past that I think are affecting me; things that were done to me and things I've done to others.. but the lists are long, and I really don't know how I can tackle it all. and I guess I still don't even understand the process to do it.
this week I made myself promise to do some eft every morning from the book I told you about a while ago; the eft that is called esm and incorporates emdr, etc.. In the book, it has specific issues, from addictions to anxiety to hiccups to rage and regret, so I've just been picking one thing each day, but I feel like it's not doing anything. I didn't expect to be "all better" suddenly, but still..

I had so much faith in this, but I'm beginning to lose it. and I'm at a point in my life where I really am losing it.. so I really need to heal myself asap.

I'm being kicked out in a little less than 30 days, and I have no job or income and still feel so afraid to go out in public and do what I need to do.. and it's not even really possible for me to make enough money to get my own apartment and the things I would need to be independent (the only furniture I own is a bed and dresser) in that short period of time, but I am not gonna be allowed to stay here anymore. and I don't think anyone is going to save me. I don't know what to do; I thought maybe if I got a waitressing job it would be my best bet because it's the quickest way I know of to make money. But I feel like I couldn't handle it. I picture myself in a restaurant and just shudder.. I applied to a few places before I started writing this now, and when I thought of actually going to one of them it made me sick. Well as usual, I've given too much information.. but I wanted to express how dire my situation is and why it's so important that I need to help myself immediately.

I've been told it's possible for me to just let go, and things like that.. and I'm learning about the amazing power of our thoughts, and I want to live in a loving manner and not in fear, but I feel so troubled and in fear is precisely what I feel I'm living in.
I just did my daily dose of eft/esm, so I feel a bit better right now, but if I think about the premise of working in a restaurant or not knowing what to do about a place to live, etc.. I start feeling horrible again. sounds like I need to dissociate from my own thoughts

well lol this post ends here.. Please reply however you see fit, thank you very much
Old 18-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Master
Sapphirez... I'm glad you asked.

I suggest you put away your list for now and just work with the present issues.... focusing on your feelings about your situation.

For instance, you could give yourself a long treatment for...

"Even though I feel I can't handle a job, I deeply love and accept myself."
"Even though I feel sick at the thought of going these places for work ....."
"Even though my situation is really dire ...."
"Even though I'm really worried about how and where I will live.... "

and any other feelings you are having now, and keep going deeper.

The key for these healing methods is to focus on the Feelings... covering each and every one until you bring them all to neutral.

Then you can use the acupoints with affirmations such as "I feel confident that I can go ahead now." and so forth.

If you need more specific support please feel free to send me a pm.

blessings
Xan

Old 18-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Master
Sapphirez, after being a skeptic for a couple months, in a bit of a desperate need for emotional support and help after my son and best friend died within the past 2 years, I got the basic eft info from my chiropractor and I was off. Although my experience is that EFT helped very quickly, it's not like pushing a button and it's automatic, but for all intents and purposes, it really is surprisingly swift at making me feel a whole lot better. The difference with eft as opposed to talk therapy/counseling is that you make a very brief statement, tap on the special spots, which brings up emotional stuff in a way that is much more easy to handle. Little bites, shall we say, of emotional baggage as opposed to the whole lifetime of it. That's the way I've been experiencing it, anyway. And the more I lay there and proceed with eft, the more ideas come forward. I chide myself (gently) whenever I go for a while without doing it. Ya gotta have a little patience with it.

Old 19-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Whoa, I am so sorry Silvergirl ----I'm speechless at your loss.
I personally couldn't imagine a double loss like that.

Whew.
Your friend.
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-01-2012, 04:01 AM
Master
Ty Miss H. Yeah, David passed June 25th of last year. We're coming up on year 2 of my son's passing Valentine's Day. I appreciate your thoughts.

Old 20-01-2012, 05:45 AM
Master
aww Silvergirl that is quite devastating. I'm glad that you've been able to make peace with it and that eft has helped you.

I was so certain that eft could help everyone with almost anything when I started researching it a year or so ago.. but I never know how to assess how I'm feeling, or rather, the progression of things having to do with myself.. I know very well how I'm feeling lol..
there are some instances where I really thought eft helped me have epiphanies so to say, but I guess I still feel horrible in general and with specifics so it's getting hard to believe in it now..
I've tapped on my anxiety and anger more times than I can count and I'm still suffering a lot.
I've tapped on a lot of other things too that I thought or realized were connected but alas my head and heart are still heavy..

I feel that the past issues are still affecting me and that they are ingrained and that is why I can't move forward.

I've learned a lot of wonderful things in this last half a year. things about our real natures and the world.. I think that knowing how pure and powerful we are helps give me some sense of security and confidence, but I still feel plagued.

Xan do you ever promote trying to deal with past experiences through eft?
Silvergirl not trying to tackle a whole lifetime at once does make sense..
but I feel like I won't really be able to move forward unless I address them all.

is there a video that shows the exact format for doing eft that you would recommend? I have seen there are a lot of videos and I started off doing eft that way, but then I began doing it the esm way from the Instant Emotional Healing book, and when you tap at certain points, you don't even say anything at all.. and you only tap on certain points. Like it has 28 different issues (in alphabetic order, from addictions to hiccups to pms to shame, etc..)
and first you do a polarity reversal exercise, where you rub on the chest spot and go through different issues that might prevent you from getting over your problem; like you say I deeply and completely accept myself, despite all my problems and limitations, then you say you accept yourself even if it won't be safe or good for you or others, even if you think you don't deserve to get over it, even if it's not possible for you to get over it, even if there's a unique block, etc.. So, first you do a balanced breathing exercise (which I've been doing every morning for over a year) then you do the polarity reversal and then you do the tap sequence, which ranges from tapping 2-18 times.. like you might just tap on your eyebrow, chin, collarbone and thumbnail.. or you might tap on one spot, tap somewhere else, then tap on the same 1st spot again, etc.. it changes for each issue. They say that they arrived at those particular sequences by muscle testing.

but anyways, I think it's really cool, but think that maybe for some things I should be doing a more conventional type of tapping. what would you suggest please?