Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 08-02-2018, 09:06 PM
Master
Hindu contradictions

[IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]
Old 10-02-2018, 11:35 PM
Master
Yes I notice these type of contradictions in Hinduism.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Master

Hinduism does not say that the world is illusory, but the way we perceive and relate to it through the faculties and emotions can be illusory , due to our inherent likes and dislikes instilled by conditioning.

The Nazis hated the Jews while the Turks on the other hand invited Jewish refugees of european persecution to Turkey, rightly calculating that jewish skillsets would develop Turkish commerce, sciences and arts.

It takes a subtle intellect to understand the context of illusion or Maya in Hinduism. Hence the reason why it is usually misinterpreted and misunderstood.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 14-02-2018, 01:26 AM
Master
Namaste.

I seem to be missing something, like the whole point of this.

That being said, every religion/philosophy is 'contradictory' when it's not viewed as a totally individual and subjective experience.

Also, as harsh as it sounds - even if the whole world had a different opinion to myself and wanted me to change to their ways and beliefs, if it was not my 'own way' and made me uncomfortable as an individual, I'm sure many expletives would result.

Tolerance is a 'two way street' and there's no way I will be tolerant of another's beliefs if they are not tolerant of mine - no way whatsoever! 'contradictory' or not because the whole bloody human condition is 'contradictory'.

So, Hinduism is 'contradictory' and Buddhism is 'contradictory' and I'll bet anything he doesn't personally agree with is going to be 'contradictory' and all I can ever say is 'suck my left big toe' in regards.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=120572

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 15-02-2018, 02:07 AM
Master
I have been asked to kindly pass this message on. It's 4am here and I was just woken up from a very deep sleep.

Those who do not belong to the Hindu religion will be the very first not to understand it and label it as being 'contradictory' in the attempt to dissuade others from gaining a much deeper insight, thus furthering their own religious agenda.

The analogy can be made to a person, blind since birth, trying to understand the colour 'red'.

Another may hold up an apple and say; "red is the colour of this apple I hold" and the blind person may say; "I have heard that apples can also be green, so how do I know you are not lying to me and holding up a green apple trying to trick me into believing that it is red?"

The person holding the apple will simply say "you are blind dear sir, so does that really matter when you do not know what red or green looks like to start with?"

Just because the "illusion" may be an "illusion" does not make it "real" by default.

The conundrum and inconsistency arises from the duality of human nature and conditioning which posits: "just because something does not exist as being 'this' means that it must exist as being the exact opposite"...for example "just because 'happy' does not exist, it must be 'sad'...just because 'good' does not exist, it must be 'evil"....unfortunately, these humans have never heard about the 'null hypothesis' before.

If the illusion is an illusion, it is still an illusion by the very definition of it being thus or else it would cease to be an illusion and become 'perceptually real' to those who believe it IS real and yet, it is that which defines it as being an 'illusion' at the outset. The apparent contradiction is only superficial to the language used to describe it and not to the actual premise behind it...but of course, only a Vedantin would understand this.

Good day to you all - Mahadev.
Old 20-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Knower

Hinduism is a universal religion that incorporates virtually everything that exists in India. It is both Tantra and Kriya and even Buddhism. And your "contradictions" are only contradictions in your mind, mind. There are many laws and if you look at spiritual practice with more perfect teaching, there are no contradictions. But if you look from the initial stages of spiritual practice, then the more advanced teachings of Tanra or vajarayana-will look simply Devilish.
But in more advanced teachings, more approach to the work of consciousness, which is considered the main thing. The physical body, the subconscious are secondary
Old 21-02-2018, 01:23 AM
Master
Namaste.

We can discuss this among ourselves as much as we like, but notice how the opening poster hasn't returned to give further comment (and never will)?

He is not a genuine seeker...this is just a 'shoot and run' attempt at intellectual subterfuge, nothing more and on any other forum or part of the internet, this will be plainly seen as being 'trollish behaviour'.

Although, I'm one of the select few to whom Tantra and Vajrayana Buddhism was 'natural' for me - because the Hinduism as practiced in Bali, Indonesia is a bit different to that which is practiced in India.

Om Namah Shivaya