Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-03-2018, 10:09 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
The opposite of holding on is not letting go, it's the lack of a doer, the one that holds on or lets go... when that is absent one has awakened.

Surrender is not a willful act, it's an empty and clear and free open heart. It's not something you do, it's something you are.
The more I think about this the more interesting it becomes. I've read some of your explanation further down but as it's almost work time.... I need some time to chew this over but it makes a lot of sense. Thank you.
Old 22-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Suspended

I was thinking some on "surrender" and "letting go" as sayings this morning and it reminded me of how the phrase "not caring" kinda fits into the same category. Sometimes when I wake up and I think, ok I'm going to practice calm and stress free living, a not thinking or reacting kinda day, the words "I don't care" come to my mind as a kind of spiritual practice.

Whatever pops into my head, I don't care. Not really forcefully ignoring it or them, as that could be creating resistance or a kind of conflict, more like just knowing they are not me or mine. Not recognizing them as something to pay attention to or care about. So I don't have a conflict type relationship with the noise in my head, it's more like something that is there I don't bother looking at or paying attention to... or maybe it's I am paying more attention to what is not mind, my physical space and sensory experience without mind entering into it. Just being, not being someone.

But these phrases, letting go, surrender, not caring, can have so many meanings. Like I am using "not caring" in a mindful zen sense, so in a positive way, but then somebody could say, oh so if you see a homeless person who needs food you would not care. Well no compassion goes up when selfishness goes down.... so you care more for others the less you think about yourself. So you still care while not caring...it's about how you are using that word "care" and what it is referring to in your understanding.

But I could see all those sayings flipped around to be understood in negative ways. Somebody could surrender to a cult leader, a dogmatic religious cult, somebody could make a religion based on flowing with the water.

An interesting side note is this one guru used the water metaphor in the opposite way. Stating flowing water (river) is like our natural unconscious downward flow into ego and mind or of water away from it's source. So he stated one must fight the natural flow to return to the source or our true nature. So it's really just a bunch of words that we give the understanding and meaning to. You can point to the same ideas or meanings in a lot of ways, sometimes seemingly the opposite of each other. This guru said not to go with the flow but actually he was pointing to the same thing the OP said by stating go with the flow.
Old 23-03-2018, 12:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
I was thinking some on "surrender" and "letting go" as sayings this morning and it reminded me of how the phrase "not caring" kinda fits into the same category. Sometimes when I wake up and I think, ok I'm going to practice calm and stress free living, a not thinking or reacting kinda day, the words "I don't care" come to my mind as a kind of spiritual practice.

Whatever pops into my head, I don't care. Not really forcefully ignoring it or them, as that could be creating resistance or a kind of conflict, more like just knowing they are not me or mine. Not recognizing them as something to pay attention to or care about. So I don't have a conflict type relationship with the noise in my head, it's more like something that is there I don't bother looking at or paying attention to... or maybe it's I am paying more attention to what is not mind, my physical space and sensory experience without mind entering into it. Just being, not being someone.

This notion earns me a lot of criticism.

Often I will see another dance around something within themselves, I'll point at it & say "looking for this?"

It was there clear as day but they still look as though they have lost something ... so I point ..

It's not even a conscious observation - if there was nothing to see why does it garner such fallout?

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 23-03-2018, 12:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGodWarrior
A wise man once said......

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

I will take it even further by adding...

"Be like water in that it flows when pulled and does not slow down to decided which way it shall go next."

Lately I have been experimenting or more like surrendering. I have came to the understanding and acceptance that my life is in Gods hands. I am a co creator in that I ask and want certain things to happen but how it happens its all up to God. I have learned that things are happening all the time and without my control and to just flow with it. If what I asked requires more wisdom then that wisdom will come in the form of experiences... it may be sad... they may be pleasurable but non the less I believe how one believes it happens to them is how they come about or manifest. Not so much as what idea they have for what will be the lesson but what the person really believes subconsciously about how they perceive reality to be or even in a way the universe knows how to motivate you. One may be optimistic and see things like this but another being may see hardships as the reality of the world. In this I believe is how the universe shapes us until we are conscious enough to change how we think and interact with reality.

I am very much in the same boat as anyone else but I feel like I am able to be within the boat as I know its destination as I flow with the current and not against it.

So specifically I have ran into situations where I am doing something and I have more tasks to do but I am not able to reference exactly what time I need to be or do something. Lately I have seen occurrences where you could say it was perfect timing. It seems that If I all ready have the plans made with an outcome in mind and I just go out and start acting on those plans what ever happens is what needs to happen.

Even if I try to plan out everything to the grain, those plans seem to always be foiled and then there is a void where the unplanned circumstances happens. What I have learned is that when this happens for me to be honest and true to myself and do what I believe right and to do so without excess or internal conflict. One may spend time thinking on what actions to take when the world and universe around him is still in motion.

This whole area of manifestation or walking the plain of materialization this smoothly is new to me. It is hard to capture what is happening and translate into words. Also I am not quite sure that this applies to everyone.

I guess you could say that my experience could be summed up into this metaphoric expression that also takes place in real life everyday.

I was watching the birds eat and chirp and play over in the dirt. They seemed preoccupied with what they were doing... but then they all took off in a instance seemingly unprovoked... different species of birds all flew as one as they created a spiral looking flight formation. They dove, dipped and leaned to the left and the right and without any collisions. They seemed to keep the same distance from each other at all times. One could say... oh the birds are smart and think fast enough to stay within a flight formation. That may be true but I think its more than that. I feel like they are flying in formation and are spaced equal distant from each other through electromagnetic means... or in new age terms. I think their auras were essentially the borders.

The other question that I gleamed from all this was... where were they going Why did they fly like that? Do birds actually see worms on the ground and fly down as a pack to devour them? How do they find food hundreds of feet away almost instantly? Im not sure as they are unanswered questions but I can only assumed that these birds are pulled through laws similar to the law of attraction. Possibly but who knows.... what a bird wants is simple... food... a mate... and place to live.....

:)

Thanks for reading.

I enjoyed reading your sharing. :)
There are many streams of life moving through the whole and the more observant your become to the nature of what is, the more one can learn to flow with their own life, nature and what is one with them in their world.

There are many aspects to the way in which we can access our "way" to live and be in the world, but the flow is something I value and utilize more often than not and it is constantly deepening as my reality. I am now living through a more harmonized synchronistic flow, where by I meet life, rather than chasing after life, it is easier for me to live this way, less stressful and effortless more so. I wake up each day and greet the day, move more in harmony with myself and listen to where I need to be and what I need to do. I find things flow into my space as I need. Most often its not hard work, but rather things flow as they are. I can do the same with people as well. As they come and as they are is how one can learn to flow with, rather than against..For me this path is the path of less resistance and open to what is, going deeper into your own true nature and flowing with it all.

The key is balance and flow go hand in hand, so I still become vigilant to the nature of my own inner balance to allow the external and myself to be more in harmony as one source..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 24-03-2018, 03:23 PM
Guide

@NaturesFlow

:) I think if one starts to live a life that brings them happiness that is when the river settles into a gentle stream. A lot of people refuse to listen to their heart and they end up living a life filled with regret. Regret that they did not go for what they wanted to go for.... a life where they spent more time chasing money than being with loved ones... a life within a box vs being within the world of nature.

Keep it up
Old 25-03-2018, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGodWarrior
@NaturesFlow

:) I think if one starts to live a life that brings them happiness that is when the river settles into a gentle stream. A lot of people refuse to listen to their heart and they end up living a life filled with regret. Regret that they did not go for what they wanted to go for.... a life where they spent more time chasing money than being with loved ones... a life within a box vs being within the world of nature.

Keep it up

Yes I hear you.

The heart is truly the doorway to our deeper flow and happiness. Many years ago when I blew my own internal box apart trapped in fear, I never imagined my heart would go through so much, but it shows me the potential of following ones heart and allowing the fullness of every heart break, loss and grief, to expand you and open your heart wider.. As an example today I had a huge opening through my heart space, whereby I had to let go of a culmination of heart break, from many lives. I noticed it creeping in over a few days, opening me deeper, I knew it was big, but I didn't know what was coming, I simply allowed my heart to open over a few days and then it came.. Today after walking through the letting go space, I observed the fullness of creation coming to life in me over a few hours. I observed the feelings, the movements, the flow, the creative movements and then finally peace opened at this deeper level. I was exhausted but I know this shift will open and propel me to be more deeply content and happy in myself and my life..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder