Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 24-02-2018, 01:31 AM
Experiencer

I don't do well with eye contact either. I rarely looked anyone in the eye until the person I identify as my twin flame came around. He told me it was very disrespectful to not make eye contact. I took it as a challenge and looked...and I swear we got lost in each other for an infinite time within a few seconds. Since then, I haven't had as much of a problem. From that experience, I sort of figured it out though. Eye contact is intimidating for me because I sense the energies people give off more strongly if I'm making eye contact to the point where it's overwhelming. I'm not sure if you're sensitive to people's spiritual energies, but if you are, that might be a reason. For me, I had to learn gradually how to keep myself grounded while looking and glance away frequently so I don't get caught up in the energies. I can't really describe how though. It just...happened. Good luck to you with whatever the cause of your dislike for looking people in the eye ends up being.
Old 25-02-2018, 10:16 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhaunts03
I don't do well with eye contact either. I rarely looked anyone in the eye until the person I identify as my twin flame came around. He told me it was very disrespectful to not make eye contact. I took it as a challenge and looked...and I swear we got lost in each other for an infinite time within a few seconds. Since then, I haven't had as much of a problem. From that experience, I sort of figured it out though. Eye contact is intimidating for me because I sense the energies people give off more strongly if I'm making eye contact to the point where it's overwhelming. I'm not sure if you're sensitive to people's spiritual energies, but if you are, that might be a reason. For me, I had to learn gradually how to keep myself grounded while looking and glance away frequently so I don't get caught up in the energies. I can't really describe how though. It just...happened. Good luck to you with whatever the cause of your dislike for looking people in the eye ends up being.

Thank you for sharing your story!
Old 25-02-2018, 10:23 PM
Master

I love eye contact. I also love the way girls cheeks blush
Old 25-02-2018, 10:28 PM
Master
I’ve had no trouble making eye contact. Then again, I’m pretty wysiwyg.

I wear my heart on my sleeve lol
Old 08-03-2018, 11:35 PM
Newbie ;)

In this life's experience, eye contact was always a very hard thing for me when I was younger. (I went through a lot of abuse and trauma in those years). However, the further I walk through life, the more I have begun to really value eye contact. I feel that looking in someone's eyes can reveal so much about a person. There have been times, however, that I have looked someone in the eyes unintentionally, and pick up on something that scared me enough that I looked at the floor for a while. This doesn't happen often, but it's interesting. There are other times that this contact brings a feeling of so much love (even for a "stranger") that it brings tears to my eyes. Experiences with eye gazing have lead to some barrier dissolution, and some buried emotions/fears/beliefs coming to surface. I truly feel eye contact can be a wonderful thing.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:19 AM
Experiencer

I think those who have struggled with the eye contact thing have the most to speak to this topic. Thank you all for sharing your experiences!

Also, I wanted to add a thought, which might not even be applicable. When you look a person straight in the eyes, perhaps the peripheral stuff, like the facial tone or the aura is what really tells the story or makes one uncomfortable.

Has anyone seen (or read) Life of Pi? If you have seen it, one of the thoughts that foreshadows the movie yet runs subtly as a background theme in the movie is when Pi's father says that when you look an animal in the eye, you just see yourself. Pi's father denied a spiritual and peaceful connection with the tiger. But if you give that twist of the movie some thought - that when you look into another's eyes, you see yourself - that thought can develop into something more like this:
------------ If you look into the eyes of another, you see yourself, yes. But what allows you to see yourself is because you see the eternal being that you both are (Namaste).

Can you fathom such? Just rambling thoughts with no substance.