Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 14-12-2012, 09:18 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Phobias from past lives?

How many of you have struggled with phobias that you can trace to a past life? Being a medium, I've grown to understand how phobias are tied to how someone passed in a previous life.........sometimes multiple lives actually. I can already see how the way some spirits around me have passed affects them even now. They have not reincarnated yet but they already developed what seems like phobias which will probably affect them the same when they do reincarnate.
Old 16-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Tiffanyy

Thumbs up hi

hi i've heard that birthmarks are linked to past lives. I have quite a big one on my bum. And i have phobias of shirts, and buttons. I am bi so could have been a man in one of my lives. How can i discover who i was? And is it true some of our family will be close too us in our next lives? My mum and me are too alike, we have the same day dreams, and we look very alike, could we of known each other forever??? I'd love too know more about reincarnation.
Old 16-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Administrator
Hello

I can share one from me Son. From almost day one he was terrified of water. Even as a baby the bath time was a nightmare. We tried everything but nothing worked. I thought maybe a trip to the pool might help slowly introducing him with other children to the water. OMG that was a nightmare, he was about 2 and clung to me like the end of life was coming. Screamed so bad we had to leave.

I re approached the pool at about 3 with the same reactions. Still even the bath was not fun for him. Did not want water over his head so washing hair was not fun at all. We would go to the lake and he would not follow us in. So it meant one had to stay on shore with him, he would not even dip his feet.

It was when he was 4 he came to me and asked what is "Titanic" I told him a ship that sunk. Goes so matter of fact ok I died on it. He walked away. I found a picture of the ship and I asked him on it again. He said the water was very cold but there were very cool fish at the bottom. He had right from day one been facinated with the ocean and the deepest levels of it. He knew so much about the deep sea creatures.

As we explored it more he told me he was a child on the boat and that he went down on that boat. That he was on the bottom of the ocean. Thus the fear of the water and water coming over his head. That is how he would have gone. Once we were able to watch a show on the Titanic his fear of the water vanished. Like a release. He took the bucket and put the water over his own head in the bath. He now will go to the pool and the lake.

Lynn
Old 16-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Iseke

Wow, Lynn!

I very much have phobias I can trace to past lives. Actually, some of these deep phobias that have been lifelong mysteries were part of what spurred me to explore reincarnation for myself in the first place.
Old 16-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello
It was when he was 4 he came to me and asked what is "Titanic" I told him a ship that sunk. Goes so matter of fact ok I died on it.

As we explored it more he told me he was a child on the boat and that he went down on that boat.
Lynn

WOW, that's an awesome story and recollection, at 4.
Thanx for sharing how it helped him... we rarely hear of such stuff.

I wonder if it was recall, or an angel reminding-helping him.

There's so much we can learn from our past. That has been forgotten-overlooked.
Old 16-12-2012, 09:55 PM
sesheta

I, too, have always had a phobia of water/being submerged in it. Same thing - my parents never understood, since nothing traumatic ever happened to me regarding water...
I also can't wear turtleneck sweaters, or anything else that is tight against my throat - I feel like I'm choking/can't breathe. If I try to wear anything like that, I will spend most of the time clawing at my throat! So, needless to say, there is not one turtleneck sweater to be found in my wardrobe, lol!
Old 16-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Henri77

An excellent topic.
I've really never listed-examined any phobias.

Significant fear of public speaking is one... but I've learned to deal with that pretty well, through public readings and a bit of acting training.

No doubt there are others, like very sharp knives-razors than make me nervous, or fear of heights.
Old 19-12-2012, 07:07 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Tiffanyy- I actually have read that some birthmarks can actually be connected to more than one life. I think its crazy how that works. Not crazy per se.....but definitely interesting. Your best bet for finding out who you were and what kind of relationships you have had with relatives in a past life would be past-life regression.

Lynn-That is soooo fascinating! I have always been riveted by the Titanic. I've also been drawn to Victorian-style decor. I don't own any at the moment but thought they were gorgeous when I was younger and there is actually a store that sells furniture that looks antique (I don't think it really is) and I am totally open to buying some pieces when I get my own place someday.
I actually went to this beautiful victorian mansion in Ashville, NC--The Biltmore Estate in 8th grade. I fell in love with it and as I looked at all the oil paintings all over the place, I felt like I was looking for a familiar face and didn't understand why at the time. When it was time to leave, I was tired and ready to go, but it felt like my soul wanted to literally move in. Even now, I would totally move in there if I could. I felt like I was at home.
It was recently that I was wanting to try and figure out why I still want to go back to that mansion, why I was drawn to that time period, and why I have always been drawn to the Titanic. I learned something fascinating. George Washington Vanderbilt, who is is the one who built and was one of the first inhabitants of that estate was supposed to board the Titanic according to Wikipedia, but for whatever reason, they didn't end up going on the Titanic. They changed their departure plans. Only past life regression could confirm/deny if I have a connection to any of the things I mentioned. I figure at most, I could have easily been someone totally different and was just drawn to those things because of the time period they hailed from.

Henri77- You would be surprised just how much pre-school age children can recall. The problem is, most parents chalk what they say to be an overactive imagination, sometimes not even knowing that they are recalling past-life memories. Its great that Lynn caught all that because at some point, they will be forgotten. I don't have children yet but I can't wait to find out what each of them end up revealing when I do have them.
Public speaking also seems intimidating to me at first, but once I get started, it becomes like a rush. However, I get drained/irritable really easily around big groups of people. I just want to rush off and be alone. I think I might have been publicly lynched or something in a past life. Something bad happened to where I just don't like being around a lot of people. I am totally ready to do past-life regression. I want some answers! So I'm not a big fan of crowded public places, but I don't mind the speaking thing. Just because I have a lot to say.

Sesheta-It sounds like you might have had a past life where you drowned. Especially if you can't connect it to something that happened in this life. That would totally suck because I love water. I love drinking it, taking showers, and swimming in it. Is it still severe for you now?
I also used to feel the same way about turtlenecks or anything around my neck. My mother does hair for a living and there used to be times when she put that cape around my neck and I always felt like it was too tight. I'm actually not like that anymore. I can't remember exactly when that stopped.
Old 19-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Osian

CHOKING!!!

I can't bear to watch kids running around with lollie pops sticking out of their mouths fear of tripping and choking, same with cherry tomatoes....pease people cut them in half, one little toddler choked on one, he survived but after months on a machine as a cabbage it was sadly switched off.
Just literally anything that could choke ..... Gets me edgy lol. Funny because I often get throaty, as a child a had dreadful tonsillitis which then t whipped out, I woke up during surgery when my body resisted the anesthetic only to be totally freaked out with bright light in my face and tools down my thrat at age 10.
I generally get throaty in damp houses or in smoky areas. I often wonder if this is a Past life thing. The mind boggles.
Old 19-12-2012, 11:25 PM
LadyImpreza1111

That reminds me of how I got my wisdom teeth removed and as I woke up from the anesthesia, the dentists were stuffing gauze in and I had no idea what was going on and started gagging on it. I dislocated my jaw. So they put it back into place and tried again and I gagged again and dislocated it a second time. They seemed to be yelling at me to stop. After that second time, they gave up on the gauze. The gauze was probably meant to prevent dry socket which could explain why healing was a nightmare.

But yeah. As for watching kids running with suckers in their mouths, I can't stand that either.