Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 21-10-2018, 07:24 PM
Newbie ;)

questions on meditations and affirmations

Hello,

I haven't been to this forum in a while. I've returned because I'm looking for some guidance on how to practice meditation and visualizations for various life improvement goals.

I'm seeing a therapist who recommended an app called Relax. It guides you through some breathing exercises and an 8 minute or 13 minute meditation in which you focus on various parts of the body. At one point in the meditation, it asks you to tell yourself an affirmation like "I will have more energy today," or "I will focus on the good in people, not the bad." The idea is that while in the meditative state, your unconscious is especially susceptible to these affirmations, and will more readily move you towards realizing your affirmations.

I have many questions about this, but I'd like to start with this: how does this work? I guess it seems a little like magic to me at this point. How does the unconscious carry out the realization of affirmations? What is it about the meditative state that makes the unconscious more susceptible to affirmations?

Also, what are the limits of affirmations? I could probably go to ridiculous extremes, like saying "I will gain supernatural powers," but I'm sure even the unconscious isn't that powerful. But what CAN be done with affirmations?

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 21-10-2018, 08:55 PM
boshy b. good

what i would do be to write these quotations
down and page by page be done and over with
so the more the be that. for example i form up
something i figure i want to be and write full
page front and back every day. keep building -
don't say you are be short on options cause
you are be not short on options. my guess and
be witness i say this works, it's good for the
soul perhaps

meditation be a well fed type that can up us
Old 22-10-2018, 01:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gib65
Hello,

I haven't been to this forum in a while. I've returned because I'm looking for some guidance on how to practice meditation and visualizations for various life improvement goals.

I'm seeing a therapist who recommended an app called Relax. It guides you through some breathing exercises and an 8 minute or 13 minute meditation in which you focus on various parts of the body. At one point in the meditation, it asks you to tell yourself an affirmation like "I will have more energy today," or "I will focus on the good in people, not the bad." The idea is that while in the meditative state, your unconscious is especially susceptible to these affirmations, and will more readily move you towards realizing your affirmations.

I have many questions about this, but I'd like to start with this: how does this work? I guess it seems a little like magic to me at this point. How does the unconscious carry out the realization of affirmations? What is it about the meditative state that makes the unconscious more susceptible to affirmations?

Also, what are the limits of affirmations? I could probably go to ridiculous extremes, like saying "I will gain supernatural powers," but I'm sure even the unconscious isn't that powerful. But what CAN be done with affirmations?

Thanks for any feedback.

You could get some answers in Christian D Larson's "The Great Within"
Old 22-10-2018, 10:20 AM
Master
Quote:

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi,

Essentially affirmations foster belief. That is if you do them properly. When you state an experience in the first person like "I am ...", You are making hypnotic statements to your subconscious.

The human intellect can not understand the power of the mind at this point in our society. It is best to consider it magic more so than undertake an effort to rationalize how things beyond your comprehension can be accomplished.

Now if you actually believe you can not gain superpowers, then that will not happen for you. Such is the power of any affirmation, especially the negative kind.

What can be accomplished most often with affirmations is voiding all or most our unproductive negative thought patterns. Those patterns hypnotize our subconscious and create the physical reality we actually do not want.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 23-10-2018, 02:09 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks everyone for all your responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
When you state an experience in the first person like "I am ...", You are making hypnotic statements to your subconscious.

Well, I say "I will...[be more confident / have more energy / feel great]" Maybe I'll try "I am..." and see if that makes a difference.

Quote:
Now if you actually believe you can not gain superpowers, then that will not happen for you.

Interesting to hear you say that. Thank you.
Old 23-10-2018, 06:33 PM
boshy b. good

Quote:
Hi,

Now if you actually believe you can not gain
superpowers, then that will not happen for
you. Such is the power of any affirmation,
especially the negative kind

John
Yes. We know moving objects be
not the exception with the mente.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:15 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks for any feedback.

Hello there!

It may seem magic to you at first. But actually, it is not. There are certain explanations to that. I was also in your shoes before, thinking that affirmations were some kind of hocus pocus. But when I stumbled upon MustSparkJoy, I learned the interesting facts behind it.

From the site, I've learned that affirmations are actually positive messages you repeat in order to replace your false and limiting beliefs. Your false and limiting beliefs are the negative thoughts stored in your subconscious which hinder you from achieving your goals. Therefore, affirmations such as "I will gain superpowers" will not work because, (1) it's too general, and (2) having superpowers is too superficial. Affirmations work because it replace the negative thoughts happening in YOUR REALITY. You cannot change something that's not present in your reality.

Also, regarding the meditative state or what I call it the ALPHA STATE, you have to know the different aspects of the mind first.

Our mind has three major aspects, the CONSCIOUS MIND, the SUBCONSCIOUS MIND, and the SUPERCONSCIOUS MIND.

Our conscious mind is very well aware of our surroundings. It tells us that you are reading this post, that you are typing on your keyboard, etc.

On the other hand, subconscious mind is the aspect of the mind which acts without requiring you to be aware of it. In other words, these are your involuntary thoughts. The subconscious mind's interesting "talent" is that it reproduces what you consistently think, say, and focus on. As a result, it reflects into your reality.

Now, during the MEDITATIVE STATE or ALPHA STATE, your CONSCIOUS MIND will lose its potential to be aware of your surroundings because you are "sleepy". Therefore, if you listen to affirmations during this state, there will be no conscious mind to argue or block your positive messages. And since these affirmations will be directly sent to your subconscious mind, those messages will manifest into your reality eventually.

I wanted to explain it to you more, but I'm afraid my post has already become too long. If you want to know more about affirmations, you can just visit their site.