Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-11-2018, 01:34 AM
Guide

Being still

Would you class being 'still' as getting past the nothingness stage? I read that back and wonder if it makes sense

Do you know what I mean?
Old 17-11-2018, 04:58 AM
Master
In my view, all experience is imbibed through movement. Devoid of senses, space & time, from our present level of cognitive enablement, there is nothing.

During meditation, by effortlessly shifting attention inwards, we are still ... thoughts still ... body still. Yet, there is movement! Not us, for we are still. Then whose? Well, actually, we do not ask that question because thought has stopped. In our stillness and orientation of humble acceptance, we go with the flow. The flow is the divine current or Universe energy ... its love attribute energising us within.

Stillness then, is simply self surrendered allowing.

About nothingness, it may be that if the negativity within us such as greed, envy, hate, deceit, lust, anger, fear and the like have not been previously cleansed by continuous contemplative consciousness correction, our cup is not empty, so to speak and there is no space available for the divine energy to manifest within us in a manner cognizable to us.

Last edited by Unseeking Seeker : 17-11-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 17-11-2018, 07:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly
Would you class being 'still' as getting past the nothingness stage? I read that back and wonder if it makes sense

Do you know what I mean?

What is this " Nothingness " stage?
Old 20-11-2018, 05:51 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
In my view, all experience is imbibed through movement. Devoid of senses, space & time, from our present level of cognitive enablement, there is nothing.

During meditation, by effortlessly shifting attention inwards, we are still ... thoughts still ... body still. Yet, there is movement! Not us, for we are still. Then whose? Well, actually, we do not ask that question because thought has stopped. In our stillness and orientation of humble acceptance, we go with the flow. The flow is the divine current or Universe energy ... its love attribute energising us within.

Stillness then, is simply self surrendered allowing.

About nothingness, it may be that if the negativity within us such as greed, envy, hate, deceit, lust, anger, fear and the like have not been previously cleansed by continuous contemplative consciousness correction, our cup is not empty, so to speak and there is no space available for the divine energy to manifest within us in a manner cognizable to us.

Interesting, thank you Unseeking Seeker!
Old 20-11-2018, 06:15 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What is this " Nothingness " stage?

I don't know if its the same for everyone...it's the place I'm at when I've quieted my mind. Just me floating around in the dark with nothing there, no body, no sound, nothing to see, no taste, no smell. Breathing that's barely there. The only sense is a slight sense of floating. I used to think there was nothing beyond it.

During my meditations, I'm used to the heavy dead weight of the limbs, twitching, itching, body popping, rushing energy, colours, odd images, odd sounds, excrutiating pain sometimes, vibrations like a car engine sometimes feeling like I'm about to take off like a jet but these are all before I get to that 'nothingness' stage.

I often wondered if the wooshing sound which is so loud and the vibrating meant I was going to astral project but it doesn't occur so I don't know why that happens but I tend to go past it.

I've now experienced some kind of 'stillness' where the sense of floating slightly is gone, nothing moves, it's now a sense of 'waiting'....don't know how else to explain it and I've got carried away and written more than I intended so I'll stop there
Old 22-11-2018, 02:25 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly
I don't know if its the same for everyone...it's the place I'm at when I've quieted my mind. Just me floating around in the dark with nothing there, no body, no sound, nothing to see, no taste, no smell. Breathing that's barely there. The only sense is a slight sense of floating. I used to think there was nothing beyond it.

During my meditations, I'm used to the heavy dead weight of the limbs, twitching, itching, body popping, rushing energy, colours, odd images, odd sounds, excrutiating pain sometimes, vibrations like a car engine sometimes feeling like I'm about to take off like a jet but these are all before I get to that 'nothingness' stage.

I often wondered if the wooshing sound which is so loud and the vibrating meant I was going to astral project but it doesn't occur so I don't know why that happens but I tend to go past it.

I've now experienced some kind of 'stillness' where the sense of floating slightly is gone, nothing moves, it's now a sense of 'waiting'....don't know how else to explain it and I've got carried away and written more than I intended so I'll stop there

You basicallydescribed what "I feel" during meditation, I call that state, where you just exist, the "I am" state, no thoughts, no images, no sound, nothing.In my case, these vibrations were so gentle that without being still you could not notice them.I heard that sound too.My body has tons of ways to stop me from meditating, I am now at the stage where I feel that rushing energy ( it happened last two times ), I could not resist it, anyway, I know that if you go with the flow it goes away otherwise if you resist it you can't go further, it is a trick!
Old 23-11-2018, 11:47 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
You basicallydescribed what "I feel" during meditation, I call that state, where you just exist, the "I am" state, no thoughts, no images, no sound, nothing.In my case, these vibrations were so gentle that without being still you could not notice them.I heard that sound too.My body has tons of ways to stop me from meditating, I am now at the stage where I feel that rushing energy ( it happened last two times ), I could not resist it, anyway, I know that if you go with the flow it goes away otherwise if you resist it you can't go further, it is a trick!

Just being