Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 21-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Seeker
I am a member of that spiritualist church your niece went to (assuming she went to the one near/in vancouver) so shout out to that! I find it a very calm and peaceful place and not one in which you would invite dark spirits in.

That being said, I am so happy to read that your niece has been able to quiet the voices a little bit.

As many people have already mentioned, Oujia boards are generally just bad news. They don't have to be a bad thing but one should never operate a spirit board unless under guidance with a professional. Spirit boards can open up the door to all sorts of spirits to come in. I myself really indulged in the Ouija board with friends, my sister, and her friends when I was a pre-teen and I had some nasty experiences such as being insulted and my cat started acting very weird and yowling and then lying on the board. I vowed to never touch one again and whenever I went near my sister's closet (she kept it), I felt very dark around it.

I don't recommend this and obviously it should not be done without a professional but I've heard some some professionals say that you need to "close" off your connection with that spirit through the board by asking it to leave and asking for peace. Once you've let a dark spirit in it can attach to you and attack you.

Visualizations can also be great so I'm glad she's practicing that.

I don't have much concrete advice but I bet your niece could find someone at the church who has experience with Ouija boards and may be able to offer some better advice.
Old 21-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Master
I really appreciate the responses.

It's interesting to me that that responses on this thread have differed from a number of them on the Mediumship subforum, here at SF, where I cross-posted about this. On that forum, some of the responders picked-up on the "psychiatric" aspect (probably because I mentioned that Sally had been seeing a psychiatrist and trying medication). These responders offered explanations based on the idea of brain chemical imbalances.
Old 22-12-2013, 07:25 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
I really appreciate the responses.

It's interesting to me that that responses on this thread have differed from a number of them on the Mediumship subforum, here at SF, where I cross-posted about this. On that forum, some of the responders picked-up on the "psychiatric" aspect (probably because I mentioned that Sally had been seeing a psychiatrist and trying medication). These responders offered explanations based on the idea of brain chemical imbalances.
You did mention that she had been to a psychiatrist and on medication, etc. I am a firm believer that that also should be explored but it looks like it has already. When that doesn't work or help we can turn to other means. If she continues to go to counselling I think that will help too, especially cognitive behaviour counselling as that can help with repeating positive affirmations and it helps you realize how illogical your thinking is sometimes in terms of putting oneself down. But I think that's beneficial for almost anyone! Positive affirmations are great. Counselling is a good way to get your emotions aligned with the spirit.

But sometimes there are much greater forces at hand and we should not ignore that those are a possibility... especially when a Ouija board is involved! I hope you keep us updated on her condition!
Old 22-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Experiencer
I consider myself a Kardecian Spiritist (Spiritism), which is a different version of the Spiritualist Church.

We should never,ever play around in evoking spirits, it's like going to a bad neighborhood and calling attention there to oneself. Good, proper mediumship is practiced as a serious service by skilled people to increase people's understanding and love, which is something higher spirits want to take part in, they guide and protect the communication between worlds. When it's done as a game or out of curiosity by "unprotected" people (whose conscious/moral/spiritual development is still low), that attracts spirits of lower dimensions and keeps higher spirits away.

It seems to me that all the help your niece is getting is working. The annoying entity that is obsessing your niece probably went with her to the healer's sessions. This is a really good thing because what's happening is that this negative entity is healing too (becoming good, evolving its consciousness) by attending with your niece the good spiritual places. I would say that's why the messages she's hearing are becoming good messages. Your niece does have to concentrate on ending her own fears and focus on love and compassion. Even if the voices are still annoying to her, make her understand that negative entities are kind of like sick spirits and we have to be understanding, compassionate and teach them how to incorporate good thoughts (and we need to teach by setting the examples ourselves!). This will help them move on and eventually leave to where they belong.

I hope in the end you'll all learn from this and become better persons from these lessons.
Old 23-01-2014, 02:35 AM
Pegasus

Sorry to hear about your niece - As many mediums are Clairvoyant (can see spirit) I would have thought that someone from the Spiritualist Church would have been able to help her? Or any Medium come to that, eg, if someone that could hear spirit was to have a session with your niece then they may also be able to ear the voice.... Spiritualism is based on LOVE so if people work within the light they keep the darkness at bay
Old 13-02-2014, 03:23 AM
LavenderStream

Spirituality is important, but I do try to detach myself from it at times. It give you the false pretense that you know all of the answers. Over-doing tarot readings is also negative side effect of being too involved with spirituality. Not knowing the answers is ideal at times for growth.
Old 13-02-2014, 05:06 AM
Guide
I'm sorry to hear that you're niece is going through this and I hope she ends up recovering from what she experiences.

In the past I messed with the Ouija Board as well and afterwards I felt strange presences near by me. It made me feel very uncomfortable, over time I chose to ignore it and pay no mind to it. Occasionally I still feel as if I'm being watched and whenever it happens I feel very frighten by this. Anytime I feel fearful I put the TV on and let something play through out the night so I don't hear anything going on in my bedroom. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. There's other people who experience the same thing as what you're niece is going through.
Old 14-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Master
Posters to the thread: On last report, my impression was that she was doing better with it.

She still has her job and is managing her apartment life, etc. She's also gotten involved in another community activity or two. Actually, although she trusts me and expresses appreciation for a lot of support and open-minded discussion I've offered, she seems quite tired of talking about the subject.

My hope is that she's not just coping with a negative situation in her life, but that the voices are actually disappearing from her experience.
Old 15-02-2014, 11:59 AM
MMM

a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing
and mediumship is not for everyone
Old 14-06-2014, 08:05 PM
The Wanderer

Hi,

I want to give you the benefit of my experience, as withn Spiritualism I have probably seen it all in over 40 years of being involved with it.

I have met no more 'evil or mad' individuals within its ranks as I would in any other endeavour in life.

There are lots of deluded people in Spiirtualism, self promotors, some fakes and bull ****ters, but that is true of all religions and areas of life. Spiritualism does not make you mad, or evil, its your approach and attitide that matters.

It is no different in this regard than anything else. Moderation is the key as with everything. People who say Spiritualism makes you mad just do not understand it!!

Aspire for the best and only accept that which is acceptable to you. Its not about religion, its natural law.

You can be Muslim, Hindu, Jehovas Witness, Catholic or nothing at all. Spiritualism embraces it all from the simple fact it is the only 'ism' that does not just rely on blind faith to hope for survival, it actually attempts to prove it. What you call yourself matters not, its what you do that matters

The 7 principals reflect this (look them up, you don't have to agree with any of it). Do good and help others. I have had sublime experiences within Spiritualism, but if you doubt me, then look at the history and the evidence for survival. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Don't know if you read much about it, but I can recommend the 'Silver Birch' books by Maurice Barbanelle. They will answer many of your questions.

The Wanderer