Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 29-04-2012, 01:26 AM
12padams

Do all experiences have meanings?

I have my own classification system when it comes to "astral" (I use the term "Phase") experiences. There are two types main types:

Real Phase Experience: Whether you have a high or low level of lucidity/consciousness you complete or partially complete your multistep plan that you made while awake.

Simulated Phase Experience: Most likely a dream of a phase/astral projection experience induced from extreme desire since there is no proof you were conscious. You may have been flying or exclaiming you are in the phase/astral however you did not complete your goal which you swore you would during your next conscious experience.

When it comes to simulated phase/astral experiences I pay absolutely no attention to them. To me they are worthless and meaningless so I simply write them down in my "full story/advanced dream journal" books and leave them out of my blog and phase experience only books. They are simply the result of a failed attempt yet prove the phase/astral is on my mind as something I want to achieve.

A little while ago I was told by someone on these forums that I was unable to process the meaning in my experiences because I don't look at them believing they are important... Here is a quote from an sf user to prove this point:

"A skeptic astral projecting is like a paraplegic person running, it's unlikely to ever actually happen. The truth is only shown to those who are worthy and capable of processing it."

Here is an experience I had two days ago after attempting to lay still in bed without moving or thinking yet remain awake for 40 minutes. I am embarrassed about it and wont post it on my blog since it is just a stupid meaningless simulated experience which lacked consciousness so here... Analyze it if you think it has meaning which I am unable to process:

"I couldn’t handle lying still for any longer and I was unable to recall if I had lost consciousness or not so I shifted my body’s position to make myself comfortable. Outside my room I could hear a few weird sounds which induced a feeling a suspicion. It almost sounded like my mum’s voice however she doesn’t usually walk around the house talking before 6am.

I quickly got out of bed and started walking towards my bedroom door to investigate however I felt extremely lightheaded and could barely keep myself from stumbling around my room. Then it hit me. “I must be in the phase” I thought. I wanted to perform a reality check however my arms were too heavy to lift.

My mind was racing though countless thoughts and by looking at my bedroom door I recalled a previous plan of action based on using it like a portal. Without thinking I forced my way through the door almost losing my balance. On the other side my mum was staring at me with yellow eyes and continuously said “there’s lots of TV’s out here” in a slow echoic voice.

I couldn’t help but stumble forward into her arms. She grabbed me and continued to stare right into my eyes while saying “there’s lots of TV’s out here”. She squeezed my arms so tightly that it was beginning to hurt. The environment around me became unstable and started fading to blackness. Just before everything disappeared my mum started shaking me which resulted with my usual jolt awake in bed."

This is a simulated non-conscious experience because I didn't attempt my current plan which involves finding someone within the astral that I have never met before. So what do you think... does it have meaning or am I right to ignore it like I usually do for these types of experiences?
Old 29-04-2012, 05:50 AM
Master
Whether it was a partial non-conscious projection, or just a bland old dream it has a meaning. The meaning does not have to be deep it could be simple, or it could be something subconscious. Many times when I am about to leave my body during a projection attempt I actually hear my Mother's voice calling my name or saying random things. There have been a handful of times after my projection I got up from my bed believing my Mother was in my house and I was going to go say hello to her. I got up and to my dismay nobody was there. This phenomenon always happens right in the beginning of a projection and is called astral hearing. We pick this up the easiest during pre-sleep and pre-wake.

It sounds like to me you had some form of an OOBE whether it was conscious or not. On many projections I have had the scenery randomly turns black and I will port from one place to another with the blackness being the medium. On all of my projections when leaving the Real Time Zone and entering the planes I always fly through anywhere from 10-30 seconds of pitch blackness. It definitely has something to do with astral projection.

Finally what your Mother said is interesting, there are TVs everywhere. What could that mean? I cannot say for sure but first off I doubt it was your Mother. It was either something you created or an entity taking the form of your Mother because you would be more open and welcoming to that image rather than someone you do not know. Anyways what do you do with a TV? you watch it! So perhaps by saying that they meant there are people watching everywhere. That is my best guess about the meaning of it.
Old 29-04-2012, 07:21 AM
12padams

Quote:
Anyways what do you do with a TV? you watch it! So perhaps by saying that they meant there are people watching everywhere. That is my best guess about the meaning of it.

Yikes, in other words people are watching me within the astral... "out here" probably meant the astral plane/out of my body. I simply thought of it more literally as in out of my bedroom. There are 3 tv's in my house for reference :)
Old 29-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Guide
12padams,
What if I told you that a dream is simply a projection that you're unconsciously aware of? :)

And a projection is a dream in which you are consciously aware of?

What most people refer to as "dreams"... I feel don't exist. Everything is a projection, an extension of your consciousness in another reality. What makes it a dream or a projection is how consciously aware you are during the experience.

As for "meaning" of the experience? Definitely. How you interpret your experience has vast meaning to you in regards to the experience itself. What you experience and how you interpret it can differ slightly though.
Old 29-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Summerlander

Quote:
Do all experiences have meanings?

Only if you want them to... whether you are awake, dreaming or lucid dreaming.
Old 29-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerlander
Only if you want them to... whether you are awake, dreaming or lucid dreaming.

Any psychologist/psychiatrist would say that dreams have a meaning in one way or another.