Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 06-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit
It was a ripoff of Matrix Reloaded. Except instead of wearing sunglasses, the agents wore hats. And it didn't have all the choreographed and CGI fighting scenes.

Sounds like you liked the Matrix movie, that was one I found totally confusing ! I liked the Adjustment Bureau much better

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 26-11-2011, 05:00 AM
Mountain-Goat

Just finished watching it.

First off...Emily Blunt...saw her for the first time in Jane Austin's Book Club.
Was enchanted by her physical beauty and as seen in her eyes, her inner beauty.
She is a delight to behold...melts my heart fer sure. And in this movie...the best legs since Madeline Stowe.

I cried many times thru this movie.
I have a rather large soft spot for love.
Not only was the love between the two main characters beautiful, but also the concept of it, the larger picture of it's importance for humanity.

~smiles~ I'm gunna have to disagree with your conclusion Humm.
It didn't appear to me as a metaphor for christianity.
And yes, a conclusion comes from what one sees in a thing.

To me the main point of the movie was love and it's potential of being a foundational motive\force for people's lives.
Most religions speak of love and fate and destiny etc.

Hey, you know what I have just been reminded of while writing this post.
Something Joseph Campbell said in one of the myth docos.
Paraphrased: He said, in reference to Star Wars, that it's the telling of a modern myth, or a modernized retelling of an ancient myth.
The Adjustment Bureau is a retelling of love, just like the ancient mythical stories of old.
Old 26-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Humm

Perhaps I should watch it again.
Old 26-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Suspended
A friend was telling me I would love this film just today....
Old 26-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
A friend was telling me I would love this film just today....

I think you will, the combination of romance and suspense ! Very good !

I think I want to watch it again, keeping AC's commentary in mind

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 27-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Perhaps I should watch it again.
~smiles`I demand you keep watching till you agree with my perception of reality.

Here is one of my all time fav pics of the pysche of humans.

Ah...you'll have to wait till I get to the net cafe.
I have recently acquired dialup at home, not your average dialup...no..in tazzie they have their own special kind of dialup.

It takes me 40-50 seconds for the very sparce google search page to load, So here's me trying to access my fotobucket page with a dozen pics on it...it simply will not load.

I will post pic later.

EDIT: Here is the pic

Last edited by Mountain-Goat : 27-11-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 27-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Mountain-Goat

Rom sees religious/spiritual connotations attached.
Internal Queries liked the hat concept.
Humm saw a few things but mainly references to the biblical god.
inspirit saw a love story but saw more of matrix 2 while watching it, the act of comparison.

They (the people who say these things) say we (humans) only see what we want to see or have been conditioned by experiences to see.
"I'll believe it when i see it" and " I believe it so I\I'll see it"

But then if we only see what we believe or want to see or expect to see, how does one see\learn\acquire anything new.

Everyone spoke of what they saw, it may not be everythng they saw, but for intended purposes let's say that's all we saw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Have you ever noticed when viewing a movie a second time, that there are things you missed out on the first time ?
And I agree with this observation.
I usually watch movies i like anywhere between 5 and 30? times (i do not know the exact number but it's a lot.)
Each time I watch I intuitively look for other things.

I'm not sure if intuitive is the correct word.
It's a unique observing experience of the blend of consciously choosing to focus on different elements of the movie but while doing so I am not aware I am forcefully\willfully doing so.

Sort of like before the movie begins, I am conscious I have chosen to look for\at other things.
The decision has been made, the program has been set, it now runs in the background and I simply watch the movie like i always do but hey presto, I begin to see things I did not previously.

The range of sight has been altered 'cus now I am seeing things I previously did not.
This is related to builtin filters, biases of one's perception

~laughs~ yeah what a long rant just because of a movie, but this is what i am seeing as I interact with you in this thread.

The builtin filters and biases based on beliefs and ideas etc, is "we only see what we want to see."
But if I change by removing filters and biases I will see what I could previously not.

When I said I disagree with Humm's perception I think there is this builtin subclause that states that disagreement automatically means one is right and the other is wrong.

In this context of each person's personal evaluation of a movie, there is no right and wrong.
There is one view from over here (me) and one view from over there (Humm)
No right or wrong evaluations, just two unique views.
There can still be disagreement, as in, I don't see what you see.
But watch people when you disagree with them, there is this automatic response that someone thinks someone is right and someone is wrong.
Or observe yourself when someone disagrees with you, can you see the subtle rising of defense of your evaluation\idea\belief.

I saw the religious references, matrix reloaded, ( i too liked the hat concept),the issues about destiny v free will, chance, fate, the inner conflict between being acceptable to others V following your heart, the fight to control one's own destiny within the context of a world where one does not have absolute control, of unknown forces directing one's journey.
There is so much in this movie, so many concepts that make up, or are a part of a person's existance.

But for me, Love came to the fore as being the ocean that all this was being played out in.

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!
Even the head guy, "god", the guy who has total control, changed the plan because of the love of the two main characters.
But there is a scene or two that informs that the head guy actually does not have total control.
Hey, come to think of it, the whole movie is about "god" does not have total control.

Which logically brings me right back to love being the main thing.
And that no one is in complete control and by the power of love, by being energized and inspired by love, control is not the issue.
The issue is living with love as your foundation within a chaotic and unpredictable reality.

When the manure hits the fan, respond in love.
Will manure ever stop hitting fans? I do not know the future, but I know how to respond in love.
Old 27-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Humm

Great post AC.
Old 27-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Mountain-Goat

why thankyou kind sir..and I've added the pic now.
I'm at the cafe downloading docos and ambient and trance music.
Old 27-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Humm

HA! Good one.

I posted an OLD poem:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...230#post393230

Now you know why I never post poetry.