Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Master
Mrs. chi and I have a low tolerance for suffering, and there are many scenarios which could make life here untenable . We are prepared, if the spit hits the fan. Not to hole up and live like post-apocalyptic hooligans, but to simply check out of this world before the spit gets all over us.

Some people will tell you it's a horrible thing to take your own life , that it will...
complicate things on the other side. But nobody knows everything, and I heard from somebody who heard from somebody on the other side that said "it's no big deal" . So, we don't find society's and biology's desperate clinging to life to be some kind of sacred obligation.

There's no rule book here , except ones you let someone else make up for you, but why do that. I feel we have the sovereign right to live and die as we please, so we are prepared to make that choice when the time comes. Tell you what: I don't want to hang on until I'm a vegetable, unable to wipe my own butt, and I'm sure not going to be anyone's caretaker, doing that.
It's quite enough trouble to do the day to day, with a body that needs PT , needs to work and play .

But am I looking forward to death ?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Lately, I've become more willing expedite the inevitable; more accepting that there isn't anything holding me here. No great Undone Thing (okay, I do need to goof around online less, and write about work) . I would dearly love to hold little Zeus in my arms again, and let him lick my face, and I would lick his all over too, I imagine. If that part's true, then my answer is "yes, and the sooner the better" . But if nothing too ugly happens, I'm willing to wait until whenever, but I don't want to be a burden, and I insist on quality of life . The choice and ability to leave, though, is mine , and not that of some idiot in a hospital, sucking finances like a vampire for the corporation and forcing my body to stay alive .
Poopy on that
Old 04-07-2017, 03:23 AM
Pathfinder

I have had people close to me die from a very early age. The first ones were difficult and painful to think of living without these people in my life.

At first I turned away, then I became interested in the after life. I am convinced we do not die, just go to another plane.

I just lost my baby sister to leukemia at a young age and it is so very hard. My family has some extremely religious beliefs that I do not share. I think we are here to learn lessons, whatever that may be.

Life on earth can be difficult, I am some times depressed with the weight of life, I think most people are at times. I do enjoy life and I feel deeply for the severely depressed that take their own lives. My child's friend just did, the ones left behind are in so much pain. My other friend's 16yo beautiful granddaughter just did. Such heartbreak!!

Enjoy life here on earth, try to be kind to others, without being a doormat.
Old 16-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Master
I'm starting to accept and look forward to it. This world isn't such a great place. In some ways I've evolved spiritually in amazing ways, and in other ways it all seems like so much mucking around the same old stuff and not much ever changes . I'm don't have depression , and I'm not suicidal, but I have begun to wonder what's the freaking point , if you just keep doing the same old stuff year after year, with occasional splashes of cosmic delight ?
Sometimes those seem like beacons of hope and excitement, and sometimes they feel like a big tease , like "here's a taste of what you do not get in this life " . And I'm like "what the heck ?! " Take my dog, make my wife sad, make work slow down, stress me out... well, I call baloney crud ! . Sometimes you suck, life . So yeah, sometimes I look forward to death . Very un-spiritual . I need to meditate. I'm just not trusting Spirit. I'm not surrendering. Blah blah blah. Sometimes you get slam dunked and question everything . That's where I'm at now . Yeah, yeah, Big Picture , I know . Well, that's just great if you keep seeing it , but I see this small picture too , and it's missing a little dog boy, and it really ****es me off !. Take this job and shove it
Old 16-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swami Chihuahuananda
I'm don't have depression , and I'm not suicidal, but I have begun to wonder what's the freaking point , if you just keep doing the same old stuff year after year, with occasional splashes of cosmic delight ?
... it really ****es me off !. Take this job and shove it

I had this feeling in a really deep whole body way in the weeks just prior to getting hit by the cosmic 2X4 of Awakening and had even given the music I wanted played at my funeral to the church pianist and was quietly going about wrapping up my affairs with one hand, while the other hand kept busy pretending to be doing just fine and enjoying life.
I said a very earnest prayer, telling God I apologized for not getting the 'point' of life and after decades of trying very hard to find my Purpose and live it and be a good person and bring good into the world, that I was tired now, nothing made sense, it seemed like a cosmic joke and I was finished. Stop the train let me off, I don't want to be here anymore.

It was tremendously sincere, not a passing mood, or a few bad days or weeks. It felt soul deep and a total change of beingness. I surrendered my place on Earth - I was finished.
Awakening happened before I learned how I planned to 'jump off the train', but I think I was just going to stop eating and drinking and cause a health crash which would result in wasting away.

God/the Universe/Source had other plans however, and now that I had utterly surrendered - Awakening came one afternoon shortly after that like a cosmic lightening strike.

I guess what I'm saying here is total surrender can lead to great wonder, new purpose and new meaning.
Old 16-07-2017, 05:34 PM
Deactivated Account

I would like to experience death...

So I can reincarnate and be born again.
Old 17-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Experiencer
Very interesting responses lol
Im pretty much done too.
I don't undertand the reason for me being here really. Everything's so repetitive. I feel like I die a little each day and routine feels like torture.
This life game is getting pretty annoying
Old 30-07-2017, 04:03 AM
Newbie ;)

I don't fear death, but I live with the idea that there is nothing after this life so I live this waking life to the fullest. If it turns out there is an afterlife, hopefully I'll go to heaven, because I choose to be a good person, not because I fear a god, but because it makes me feel good about myself.

I'm agnostic, and live my life not believing in a god, but being open to the idea that there might be one.

I don't want to live in fear of a god to be a good person, I just want to be good for my own conscious. A clear conscious is very important for happiness.

Feel free to share your thoughts!
Old 03-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I had this feeling in a really deep whole body way in the weeks just prior to getting hit by the cosmic 2X4 of Awakening and had even given the music I wanted played at my funeral to the church pianist and was quietly going about wrapping up my affairs with one hand, while the other hand kept busy pretending to be doing just fine and enjoying life.
I said a very earnest prayer, telling God I apologized for not getting the 'point' of life and after decades of trying very hard to find my Purpose and live it and be a good person and bring good into the world, that I was tired now, nothing made sense, it seemed like a cosmic joke and I was finished. Stop the train let me off, I don't want to be here anymore.

It was tremendously sincere, not a passing mood, or a few bad days or weeks. It felt soul deep and a total change of beingness. I surrendered my place on Earth - I was finished.
Awakening happened before I learned how I planned to 'jump off the train', but I think I was just going to stop eating and drinking and cause a health crash which would result in wasting away.

God/the Universe/Source had other plans however, and now that I had utterly surrendered - Awakening came one afternoon shortly after that like a cosmic lightening strike.

I guess what I'm saying here is total surrender can lead to great wonder, new purpose and new meaning.
We both had our great crisis, surrender, and awakening a long time ago. Life goes on .We still have to do all the mundane things , deal with all the weird things that come our way. In some ways it seems like nothing changes, knowing that things are always changing. We're always evolving , and as Spirit, always the same. It's this life thing that grows tiresome sometimes, because we're still here "learning our lessons" or whatever, just mucking through sometimes.

You wouldn't think that a little dog getting sick and becoming dead would have such a profound effect. I mean, being very spiritual means being detached from such things (to some people) , but I don't buy into that they way I used to. I can feel the little guy on the other side, and it's beautiful; powerful and wonderful, but along with that comes a near-crippling sadness, because we miss that pure burst of love that he filled every day with . It was real , and we were so used to it always being there. Now, it's a kind of connection to that beautiful realm, but the sense of loss is still very strong
at times .
Old 03-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Master
dnt now 2 anser ths 1 yes if i sea my lovd 1s
no if ts a panful 1
will i get 2 meat ansets frm dift era lk victron era or vikins era so on wud be intrest wen i di if i meet thm
ill say yes/no

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 07-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
I'm quite looking forward to, 'The Great Journey Home' and I fear death not at all. It's a beautiful transition as I see it, this life flowing into another one. Death is not to be feared. It's only feared because to we humans, it's 'the unknown' and that is frightening to many. We've died many times. In fact, we're all 'old pros' at it.

But I cannot truly want to die anytime soon as I've got a child to raise and more books to write (I hope) and there are other things I'd love to do, to experience.

My life has been an especially hard one (so far) and I'm more than tired of that. I'll admit to having been suicidal in the past because of this, but I'm also strong and I've got a sense of humor which helps to carry me on through the dark times.

There's a good line from the crazy, funny film, "Kingpin". When asked, How's life?" an old man responds, "Aw, takin' forever!" ;-)