Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 19-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Knower

'i love myself' a question

This is mainly about close relationships with others but for me even it could be about strangers who i really like. I am quite obsessed with approval from others and also at a deeper level i long very much for love from others. Im fine on my own usualy but as soon as im in the company of another person i feel this great longing for love like a hunger in me. I would be happy if they threw there arms around me and we hugged for half an hour and told each other how lovely the other was and how lovely oursleves were too. Is this a normal reaction. Am i out of balance? Sometimes it so strong it really feels like neediness. But other times it feels more healthy and is just natural and open and no neediness just a want to love and be loved. Im not in a loving relationship and i only have my dad for family. So i dont get that many hugs. Im at my happiest when i have reiki treatment from a very warm lady who has such lovely sunshine energy. Its like having an internal bath of sunny inside me. I want it to go on and on. But it only lasts an hour and i cant afford it more than every other week.
But thats my question really is it a normal reaction to doing the self love affirmation. Too open up more to the love of others.?
I often feel great love for myself while at other times i only want someone else to love me and i cant stand that people arent that way to each other. What is it that is making me so intensely desiring it. Its just so strong. I feel like i dont want to carry on with it as its making me feel unbalanced a bit. But i suppose it passes. I dont want to feel needy. Maybe thats something i need to address. And its coming up so i can release it.
Any suggestions for how i release the neediness side of love in me?
What does healthy love for another look like. Does it have desire attached to it? Or is it just totally let the other person be free and you can sustain yourself enough you dont need loads coming from others. but if it comes great. Is that more like it?
Im a little worried i might be doing something energeticaly with others. In another thread it said about stealing others energy and i said i didnt think i stole but thought i was trying to merge with others all the time and i feel thats wrong they might not want that. Its sort of intrusive. So i think thats happening alot more as well when im physicaly around someone. Though i have noticed people seem alot happier around me and much more smiley than usual and my cats have changed and are more purring and more coming to sit with me alot like they enjoying my energy.
So do you think thats a problem that i could be intruding on others energy field by being too touchy feely with my energy. Its like im energeticaly hugging everyone is that wrong?
Old 19-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Master
Hi,

Self Love in its most authentic form would go beyond the emotional energetic expressions. Yet what you describe seems based on solid core spiritual values.

We all have within the self a divine spirit. You could say that it is the God within. That aspect of self will guide us to accept and embrace all that we are and all that any of us are. In whatever form you do that, with this core intent, it will reap the natural rewards.

Your efforts to open up more to others is being rewarded.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 15-09-2016, 07:31 AM
Guide

I think you are not capable of loving another person until you learn to accept and love yourself. it seems that you need to establish a deep connection with people to feel loved and balanced. It is not all about physical contact it is more of emotional and spiritual part
Old 23-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Newbie ;)

you are not alone..i think my problem stems from my childhood on the need to feel loved...I also have never really lived alone and after my husband died I have really found out I have a strong sense of A need of not living alone...but I also..through trying to allow roommates and people to live me can cause a lot of unneedfull stress and drama (which I hate) so then I end up in a catch 22 with it...I have no advice to give sense I have not figured it all out for myself...but you are not alone...and i will be keeping an eye for comments to see advice from others.

Last edited by Msbea : 23-09-2016 at 08:49 PM.
Old 23-09-2016, 10:10 PM
I only read the first couple of sentences and was compelled to write...
how wonderful,
what a blessing
it is to not be liked by others and to not have their approval!!
Why?
Because it brings you closer to the Truth ...that this place holds very little for us.
Another perspective...a re-frame.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyj
But thats my question really is it a normal reaction to doing the self love affirmation. Too open up more to the love of others.?
I often feel great love for myself while at other times i only want someone else to love me and i cant stand that people arent that way to each other. What is it that is making me so intensely desiring it. Its just so strong. I feel like i dont want to carry on with it as its making me feel unbalanced a bit. But i suppose it passes. I dont want to feel needy. Maybe thats something i need to address. And its coming up so i can release it.
I don't think it's "normal" in the normal sense of the word, even with affirmations but as you seem to have worked out it's a deep longing to be loved. No need to be anxious, though. To me it's about developing confidence and charisma. When others react positively it's initially superficial - because in most situations the people don't know each other from Adam and have to respond just to their intuition. They may not have the same depth of feeling.

There's nothing wrong with it, though. It's a wonderful way to be. It is you, therefore you're entitled to be as you are. Just that perhaps you need to manage your expectations of others down a couple of notches. Send out your love and just leave it at that. Inwardly feel the hug if you also feel the person receptive. (I used to do this by building up a pink aura and firing bits of it off at people - a way of "inducting" your love in others. But that's because I'm a person who is happiest when people are just being themselves. I don't want to attract their love in any respect. It's usually enough to sense if they're capable or not.)

Quote:
What does healthy love for another look like. Does it have desire attached to it? Or is it just totally let the other person be free and you can sustain yourself enough you dont need loads coming from others. but if it comes great. Is that more like it?
You can't without changing things about yourself (simply because this comes from you). There seem to be two possibilities - the complicated way: you have to rationalise why you feel this way. It means looking as far back as you can into your earliest memories and pondering on the love you received as a child, the scrapes you got into (where love / yearning / desire may be a factor); when you first felt the need for being hugged etc. All of which may help you to understand why you are as you are. Naturally it needs two things: ruthless honestly - and time. It'll take a fair bit of focused meditation, contemplation, etc., and perhaps affirmations relating to self assurance. Let's defer that to a later chapter, shall we? But do you really want to dim it down?

And there's the simpler way. Ask yourself truly - is it wrong? The answer's NO, of course. No need for anxiety / self-consciousness. When you encounter someone just pause just to realise that they may not be on the same level as you; probably won't have the same openness, and just send them love in some form... charismatically opening yourself to reception but not expecting anything back (such as a hug). Imagine as you send love at them, drawing them close, all very smiling and happy.

As for what love looks like - everyone has their own ideas. To me it's a total appreciation of what someone brings to your life and awareness of what you take to theirs; a readiness to support in times of adversity; a willingness to compromise; a physical attraction that makes them huggable (doesn't have to entail sex) - and an amount of self-discipline - there will be bad days and they have to be resolved. A tip from mum was: always resolve any argument / dispute / worries before you two go to sleep of the night.

Quote:
Im a little worried i might be doing something energeticaly with others. In another thread it said about stealing others energy and i said i didnt think i stole but thought i was trying to merge with others all the time and i feel thats wrong they might not want that.
Whenever you interact with someone even in the smallest ways you're exchanging energies. That in itself can't be wrong because it's the way it is. But motive comes into this. If your aim is self-gratification or for gain/control then it can be spiritually damaging. (To ordinary folk it's mild vampirism, for the victim, dispiriting.) You'll see plenty of this in the twin-flames section of the forum. But there is nothing wrong with sending out love as long as it's without counting the cost.
Quote:
Its sort of intrusive. So i think thats happening alot more as well when im physicaly around someone. Though i have noticed people seem alot happier around me and much more smiley than usual and my cats have changed and are more purring and more coming to sit with me alot like they enjoying my energy.
So do you think thats a problem that i could be intruding on others energy field by being too touchy feely with my energy. Its like im energeticaly hugging everyone is that wrong?
No, not at all. Of course if you did go around hugging people in practice you'd raise a few eyebrows, otherwise no. But, like I say, don't expect a return gesture, just be glad if you feel it, like you seem to be today, people happy all around you.

Bests,
Lorelyen.
Old 24-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyj
This is mainly about close relationships with others but for me even it could be about strangers who i really like. I am quite obsessed with approval from others and also at a deeper level i long very much for love from others. Im fine on my own usualy but as soon as im in the company of another person i feel this great longing for love like a hunger in me. I would be happy if they threw there arms around me and we hugged for half an hour and told each other how lovely the other was and how lovely oursleves were too. Is this a normal reaction. Am i out of balance? Sometimes it so strong it really feels like neediness. But other times it feels more healthy and is just natural and open and no neediness just a want to love and be loved. Im not in a loving relationship and i only have my dad for family. So i dont get that many hugs. Im at my happiest when i have reiki treatment from a very warm lady who has such lovely sunshine energy. Its like having an internal bath of sunny inside me. I want it to go on and on. But it only lasts an hour and i cant afford it more than every other week.
Im a little worried i might be doing something energeticaly with others. In another thread it said about stealing others energy and i said i didnt think i stole but thought i was trying to merge with others all the time and i feel thats wrong they might not want that. Its sort of intrusive. So i think thats happening alot more as well when im physicaly around someone. Though i have noticed people seem alot happier around me and much more smiley than usual and my cats have changed and are more purring and more coming to sit with me alot like they enjoying my energy.

I won't give an explanation but I will say I am similar to you and I have figured "stuff" out.

There is nothing wrong with you.
There is LOTS! right with you
Keep doing what you are doing.
You are not being intrusive,you are radiating love and the world wants it.
Old 25-09-2016, 04:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Hello,
I am a psychologist, in your situation i would like to advice you some simple things.
First of all i want to tell you that many people face these types of things in life. Secondly you are much more stronger that this situation. You should follow a good routine, early morning exercises, and good food will energize you. and start some hobby like painting or pottery. This will use the energy in you to bring cheerfulness. and lastly try some social service, this will help you know the other side of society and you will know that people face more serious problem then ours.
As of now i want you to try my advice for atleast 2 weeks and you will find great change in your life.