Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Knower

Angry The Annoying Things

In order to project/meditate your body must stay still and your mind focuses into the void/nothing. Swallowing is both voluntary and involuntary, which can be annoying as your trying to disconnect your mind from your body. Does anyone else have problems with this? Should swallowing be ignored or compared to breathing which can also be both voluntary and involuntary. It makes it hard to ignore as its impossible to stop mid-swallow, so once the thought of swallowing is in your head, you will almost be forced to do it(conscious swallow; voluntary). The point is to keep swallowing involuntary.

Another thing is "fake" vibrations. They are extremely annoying and it makes it hard to determine whether or not they're astral vibrations. Ex, I get these fake vibrations throughout my entire body and I sit up thinking my astral body is ready to leave. Disappointingly its my physical body. Any advice on this?
Old 22-03-2014, 05:33 PM
mb6954

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333xforever
In order to project/meditate your body must stay still and your mind focuses into the void/nothing. Swallowing is both voluntary and involuntary, which can be annoying as your trying to disconnect your mind from your body. Does anyone else have problems with this? Should swallowing be ignored or compared to breathing which can also be both voluntary and involuntary. It makes it hard to ignore as its impossible to stop mid-swallow, so once the thought of swallowing is in your head, you will almost be forced to do it(conscious swallow; voluntary). The point is to keep swallowing involuntary.

Another thing is "fake" vibrations. They are extremely annoying and it makes it hard to determine whether or not they're astral vibrations. Ex, I get these fake vibrations throughout my entire body and I sit up thinking my astral body is ready to leave. Disappointingly its my physical body. Any advice on this?

Back before I had my first astral projection I had the same thing. I think it's you wanting to astral project so much that it tricks your mind into believing certain things. Kind of like how a family friend whose a psych was telling me that some of her patients can make the temperature on a thermometer go up just by focusing on it. Thinking they are super human when it's really the mind causing the persons temperature to raise because that's what they want to do. They believe in their mind that they can do it so the body finds a way to do it.

Anyway if you want something bad enough you just might get those sensations but it won't put you any closer to a projection. I think it's vital to have intent. But to much can be a bad thing. I know I experienced the same thing.

Just be patient. My first experience happened when I gave up trying. I had been trying all night, then I was just like screw it I'd like to get some sleep. What do you think happens? I astral project. Go figure.

If you need to swallow then swallow. Then get back to trying. Needing to swallow and not doing so will just cause a distraction. Good luck and I'm sure it will come to you soon
Old 22-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Master

Those fake vibrations could be real vibrations and you failed to ap. It happens to me. Sometimes when you get vibrations you ap and do not have to do anything. Other times if you do nothing the ap ends. If you did not try to make the vibrations happen then it probably was the real thing.
If you need to swallow then swallow. Try to forget about swallowing. The more you think about it, the more you want to swallow.
Old 22-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333xforever

Actually I have had this problem while in the middle of a projection. In the projection I feel like I have to swallow but my experience has allowed me to be able to identify when I do an action in the astral whether or not it will somehow end my projection. And so on many occasions I have the feeling in the astral like I have to swallow and I know that if I do so my physical body will likely swallow as well and end the projection. And so while mid-projection I will try and hold off swallowing as long as possible. On one occasion I fell asleep with candy in my mouth and when it had all dissolved my physical body swallowed and I actually tasted the candy in the middle of a projection which was interesting. As far as in meditation you could try and hold off swallowing but I imagine either you're going to have spit running out of your mouth or have to swallow and both would likely lead to a loss of concentration and present state of relaxation.

As far as fake vibrations that should be easy to solve. First off sitting up in a physical sense is a bad idea even if you're in an actual projection and experiencing vibrations because movement in the early stages of a projection can often end a projection due to the connection between the astral and physical body. Whether that connection is too strong or too weak I do not know I just know it happens. So I suggest when you're experiencing vibrations both real and fake you do not move in a physical sense in either body. Instead use your mind to make your astral body levitate. Once you are good at doing that it will be easy to tell which body you're in because if it doesn't work obviously you're in your physical body and not your astral. Once levitated I will make my astral body pivot forward so that my feet are adjacent with the ground and then I just allow myself to drop to the ground. This works great when I begin a projection laying down and can sense if I force myself to get up in a physical sense the projection will end, which is something that happens to me very often especially nearing the end of the night and when I'm sleeping on my side and not my back.
Old 24-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Knower
Are you trying whilst laying down? If so try sitting upright in a chair or sofa
Old 01-04-2014, 03:46 AM
Knower

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum but have about twenty years of experience with meditation, astral projection and lucid dreaming and thought I'd chime in on this, so hope none of you mind as I'm a newbie and all. I always enter astral projection through either meditation or from within a lucid experience. At first I had the problem with swallowing that you describe, but the more I'd meditate the less annoying swallowing became. I do it now without even noticing it because I go into the experience now knowing that I'm already separate from my body and so I don't pay attention. The body does what it does while going to sleep. What I find the most annoying is that right before I go into paralysis my body seems to do a check to make sure I'm not messing around and it's time to switch over. It could send me an itch that takes all of my effort to ignore. It could be an urge to sneeze. I know that if I can ignore the impulse I'm five seconds away from paralysis, which is normally exactly when my experience begins. I generally only feel the first few seconds of paralysis which is nice. Does anyone else experience this annoyance? It took me a bit to figure out what was happening, and now I'm pretty successful of stifling these unbearable urges right before the sleep paralysis, but man! Annoying!