Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 13-01-2019, 03:52 PM
Pathfinder

My bestie probably likes my crush

I've joined my university's chorus two months now and I kindda have a crush on the guy who plays tha guitar. The thing is that since me and my bestie joined the chorus he startes criticise us both about the way we sing, the things we did while the rehearsal without an actual reason, because we hadn't done anything at all. So I started thinking he was actually trying to come closer to one of us. Anyway I said nothing about it to my bestie.. a month later i walked into the principal's ofice to deliver him a message and he waa there. I pretented I did not see him even though I liked him. I was a mess because something had happened so I guessed the chances I had were actually gone. Anyway I wouldn't really care.. That's when I realised I was actually wrong. Since then he would come to hang outside my class at the breaks. But I really didn't pay that much attention because i thought i was wrong. Next time he spoke to us was to tell me that i should find the lyrics of a song, but he said it in a kind of a rude way. Then I told my bestie "he totaly doesn't like us". She said he just doesnt like me because when he saw her he waved at her and an other time they made a prank to a teacher of ours, wich is totaly a lie because we are togather the whole time and if something like that had happened, I would know. Now the last week she's been stearing at him while she wouldn't tell me a good thing about him even though I asked her. She sais the whole time he's very ugly and that she doesn't like him, but i can feel she probably likes him. The thing is that since she started like him she has a distance from me and I am always her second choise when it comes to him. She would make fun of me, she would try to show she is smarter and pretier in front of him, she would even destroy our plans just to see him.
I am tired of this whole story and I don't know what to do. I've tried not to do the same to her because one day she ticked me of, I treated her like she did to me and we had a fight. I've also tried to talk to her and she wouldn't say a word.
I dont know if he does like one of us and if he does what am I suppose to do with that whole situation.

*Let me say that me and him have eye contacted many times, unless that was just me having illusions.*

What do you guys think?
Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Clover : 14-01-2019 at 05:58 AM.
Old 14-01-2019, 11:56 AM
Lorelyen

She's in competition with you and at such times a different person emerges. If she does like this bloke then she won't want to draw his attention to you. Best not to be bothered. Find new friends and her mild jealousy might turn her back to you. Or override her and be more assertive with the bloke. Flirt a bit - in subtle ways of course.

It's not unusual to make eye contact with other people. One of the first things we look at in detail on their faces. When we're trying to gauge their reaction to us we tend to dwell on them.
Old 14-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Master
Wow...I find your friend's (bestie) actions to be pitiful and not at all acceptable if this has become a pattern. That is not a mark of character in my book, to be repeatedly and consistently unkind, to disparage you, and/or to fob you off.

If she's not kind to you, that's completely separate to whatever she thinks or feels regarding this other person, this gent you mention.

I would be kind in letting her know you value her for who she is and want the best for her -- and that you hope that she feels the same, because that's what true friendship is. Also that you'd love to hang out with her sometime whenever's she's good with that, and to give you a ring or text anytime -- but then I would keep your distance for now. Hopefully, she will realise the value of YOU and your friendship...and if not, that's such a shame but we all do deserve to be treated with kindness and courtesy and respect...and with high regard as well, by those that are close to us.

Regarding the gent, who's to say? Maybe he really has been trying to find a way to make some conversation. You are good either way, which is good. He is a separate issue and cannot be a lame excuse for your friend to put you down. Regardless, you can be kind and friendly to him in passing as well, simply because he is a human being. If he is kind, then you can go from there in friendship or other, as applicable If in fact turns out he is rude again, then you've invested nothing more than a little kindness and human decency

Much love & light to you
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke