Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 04-01-2017, 07:44 PM
Experiencer

Have you ever tried taking a B12 supplement? I understand that if you take a 1000 mcg Methylcobalamin supplement once per week, you'll get as much as you need. The nice thing about them is that you can just tuck it under your tongue and you absorb it in a couple minutes directly through your tissue so it bypasses the digestive system and is immediately at work in your bloodstream.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Deactivated Account

I have yes not that particular type though. Every time i take supplements I come up in a rash of some kind or just feel disorientated. That type sounds a lot better though
Old 05-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Really!
Sounds like a digestive problem ...
Try a probiotic ...
There are many to choose from, I use Digestive Advantage in capsule form ...

Being turned off by meat could be hypochlorhydria ...
http://www.eatnakednow.com/13-signs-...pochlorhydria/

Other factors that can affect how well you digest protein include:

History of antacid use, prescription or over-the-counter
History of antibiotic use
Overeating at mealtime
Drinking too much water before or during meals
Poor sleep
Stress, especially during mealtime

http://bodyecology.com/articles/how-...-depends-on-it

Hope this helps ...

Thank you Really! this is most helpful! My mum has ulcerative colitis so this being related to a digestive problem resonates with me. I like the idea of taking it as a capsule too, I'll look into this further. Ive been turned off by taking medication for years now so I know that hasn't had an effect on my digestion, but the other causes you describe there, such as stress and overeating, I have done my fair share of, thanks again for bringing this to my attention :)
Old 05-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
I'd have to agree with "Really" about adding a probiotic as it does sound like digestion issues....

Many people find that a couple of spoonfuls of a natural Greek yogurt (loaded with probiotics) before a meal helps a lot!

Mmmm I love greek yogurt, thank you Lucky 1, I will integrate this into my diet and see how much the probiotics helps :)
Old 05-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaromelting
I can relate to this completely. I grew up eating a lot of meat but when I went through an awakening and completely shifted, my view on meat changed. I started to feel sick when I ate red meat especially, chicken took a little longer. I tried to be completely vegan but my body doesn't tolerate supplements very well so now I just eat wild salmon. I would rather be vegan for ethical reasons but I don't want to put myself at risk of a b12 deficiency. I don't have any dairy products which frankly messed my body up anyway and took me years to restore. Let's face it, these animals are treated very poorly and suffer immensely because of it, so of course it isn't good to eat that energy. I think there is a difference though between eating meat for health reasons and eating it for the hell of it, such as a burger from mcdonalds. Our intention behind it makes a big difference. If someone was to opt for chicken nuggets or something, you are best eating meat free ones, which taste better in my opinion. It is best to lessen consumption as much as possible not just for your health but for the environment too. Listen to your body though, if your body doesn't want it, don't have it. Go with what you are drawn to and only that. You will know inside what is the right answer. You don't need it everyday anyway and can get all your nutritional needs without it, for the most part. Have a break for a little while and then let yourself find the answer naturally, the body is highly intelligent and knows what it wants/doesn't want.

Hey figaromelting, yes I agree with you there, I have still been eating some meat as I feel my body has craved it when I've cut it out, so I have been eating haddock and salmon mainly. The rest of the meats I have been having, I have very little of, and still mixing in meat free alternatives with my diet which leaves me feeling clean after a meal which is a great feeling compared to the usual bloating. I agree with just doing what your body tells you, some days you may want something, and the next you don't, so I will follow the ebb and flow of what my body needs. This is something since recent energy shifts, that I have noticed more increasingly, that our bodies do and will talk to us and tell us exactly what it needs if only we listen :) Thank you for sharing this it is much appreciated!
Old 26-03-2018, 06:06 AM
Newbie ;)

I think you need to cure your digestion.
Old 26-03-2018, 10:53 AM
Master
I do! It's really bad!
Old 29-03-2018, 10:12 AM
Guide

Yes, it happens, but it can also happen the other way around... I knew someone in the raw vegan diet for years, and when she became pregnant, she couldn't down her fruits/veg anymore. She took a bite of meat, she was ashamed and worried she'd be beaten and ridiculed online for it as she is a Vegan after all, but it was the most interesting experience I'd ever seen.

Long story short, her daughter is VERY carnivorous, and she herself chose to stay Vegan after giving birth.

If your body doesn't require something, and can find it more through a different sustainable food source, each to their own. Don't fight it.