Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Master
if another speaks a truth and you see the truth in their words then the speaker has gone and the understanding is yours....if the words spoken are not true then there is an element of mutual exploitation that exists when one submits to the relationship bewteen the "knower/guru" and the "learner/disciple". i would alsio add that i feel that words can also be born from flashes of insight that is beyond thought.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 04-06-2012, 11:07 AM
rsingh

Hi necta3

How do you recognize the truth?

Truth is truth only when it is realized. Recognition of truth is only an understanding which is merely a perspective. Recognition is by the mind and mind cannot know more than a perspective. Direct experience of reality is true experience of reality which cannot be even explained in words and we do not have any other way to explain except by words.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Master
hi rsingh,
for me i feel i recognise truth when it comes from a negative state (negation). if somneone is prescribing a set rules of for right living then i know its wrong because its a positive assertion (speaking psychologically). for example...(i'm not a christian nor do i subscribe to much of what is apparently said by jesus but...)

let who is without sin cast the first stone..

can't be taken out of context, can't be misinterpreted, there is no prescription...just the obviousness of one's cointradiction if you wish to cast stones at the so-called sinner. its a negation.

so truth is whats logical, can't be denied; has no "follow" me slant to it-thats how i see it, not as personal thing. i realise that we are bound by words here, if i were intelligent though i could break that binding. i imagine as babies we are pretty enlightened and then we fill ourself with ideas. it takes thought and conversation to realise intellectually their absurdity and then the rest is up to me...to end it all completely.

so i would also distinguish between recognising truth on an intellectual level and realising truth with one's whole being (for want of better words to explain! )

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 04-06-2012, 11:43 AM
rsingh

Hi necta3

If truth can be found through logic then we can rely on science as truth. All science is based on thought, logic and analysis. So we do not need to look for truth beyond science. We do not need to search for God or consciousness as truth can be found through science. Obviously you know that all scientific theories are valid only in certain perspective. Theory of relativity that explain movement of universe cannot satisfy movement of subatomic particles. Newtons theory that explain movement of solid particles cannot satisfy movement of universe and movement of subatomic particles and so on.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Master
hi rsingh,
i would say that absurdity can be seen through logic and truth is what may occur when this has happened with one's whole being. so truth cannot be "found" or searched for but absurdity can be realised...negation. thats why spiritual evolution is nonsense to me, we will find according to our deisre.

i would also distinguish between truth in the physical world and truth in the realm of the psyche.