Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 09-01-2016, 11:06 AM
Burntfruit

Why do souls of chickens keep incarnating?

It is a life of pain and hell for them.

A lot of them are killed at birth.

There is no compassion shown, they are just commodities.

Why would a chicken soul wish to incarnate again on the Earth plane?
Old 09-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Master

Pain and suffering are part of the cycle of growth a soul must go through.

All life is evolving and animals are no different to humans in that respect.
They are on their own evolutionary path and seeking the Divine Light as we all are.

They have their own world of experience, they learn lessons and take these back to 'nourish' and enlighten the group soul.

As you say, it is difficult to contemplate the majority of them learning anything other than that humans are cruel and predatory.
That being said, many people keep chickens and show them kindness. So not all is a dark experience.

Of course in the realms of soul evolution, the order of the day is helping others up the spiritual ladder as we in turn are helped up ourselves. Because at the end of the day, we are all here to help each other along.
So the best thing we can do for chickens and our fellow humans is to set an example of kindness and compassion.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 10-01-2016, 07:47 AM
Burntfruit

Surely they will become advanced very quickly given the suffering they are under.

Maybe they will become spirit masters!! A meat eaters worst nightmare :)
Old 10-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit

First, chickens in the same way as all other second density animals and plants don't have an individual soul, they are part of an oversoul.
Compare it with sticking a finger into the ocean to test the water, what it feels like the temperature wetness, only an oversoul has millions and millions of fingers in the ocean of life. What happens in those processes are just experiences.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Burntfruit

Generally it is a hard life to be a chicken - even the chicken oversoul.

It requires an enlightened planet for chickens to live peacefully.

Perhaps there are advanced intelligent chickens who evolved from the farmyard chicken on other planets.

It is a messy business.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Master

Oversoul, yes, but remember ... animals acquire individualisation through positive association with humans i.e. receiving love & kindness, companionship, being given a name .....

So 'we' can greatly impact upon the spiritual evolution of an animal by our actions, which is what we should be doing - helping others along.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 10-01-2016, 03:39 PM
Master
This is a difficult topic for me, or has been for many years. The suffering of the chickens in mass production is cruel. Likewise with beef or other meat that is not pastured and well-treated.

The whole topic of meat...or higher-quality protein generally...has always been an issue for me.
Which encompasses eggs, dairy, meat, and fish.
I was for many years a very strict vegetarian...eggs only kept me from being vegan. But I had low-level depression for years before I listened to my body.

I craved protein and fat all those years. I mean daily. I constantly tasted the craving (I can't explain it...it was like iron) in my mouth, and the protein pit in my chest was always empty, never satisfied. I remember one summer, I would break down whilst swimming daily and eat tuna along with my beans, corn, and rice or my egg and tofu scramble. Generally, I allowed myself fish a few times a year, regularly, when out with others.

I have often thought that, whilst most women have no idea what I mean by craving protein and filling the protein pit in the chest, many men probably do...and likewise it is probably extremely difficult for many men to do without some eggs, dairy, fish, or meat in their diet, as well, depending on the person. Sometimes you cannot do the dairy and so you may need to balance the eggs with something else, like fish or meat.

After nearly 20 yrs (from 10 to 30) of being a vegetarian went back to being gluten-free...but half the protein in my diet was gone without wheat gluten, which was literally killing me. I reluctantly accepted the situation and substituted real wild-caught fish and organic chicken from our local co-op (I buy all of them periodically in bulk from a local supplier and freeze them, for savings). Almost immediately, the depression lifted and most of my physical ailments (from the gluten) went away.

Due to being gluten intolerant and cow's dairy intolerant, and plus having allergies and just my own body's needs...I have a very high need for high-quality protein and good fats, and I always have. I eventually made peace with the fact that, whilst I would like to live without animal protein (eggs, fish, or flesh), I cannot. I would prefer to live on fish alone, but that too is unsustainable. We cannot all do that. So I buy the cruelty-free chicken -- supposedly, that is, it is cruelty-free.

Out of everything...dairy is the least appealing. Although I don't generally consume sheep's or goat's dairy products, I could do so, since they appear to be fine for me and don't cause problems like raw cow's dairy milk products (butter & cream ok though).

But instead, I do buy them for my son (11), since it seems that good dairy (organic, pastured) and good organic butter are very good for men's development and men's health.

I think the thing to do is to be as thoughtful as possible, and make the best choices we can, minimising the cruelty and suffering, given the limitations or requirements of the body.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 10-01-2016, 04:28 PM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
This is a difficult topic for me, or has been for many years. The suffering of the chickens in mass production is cruel. Likewise with beef or other meat that is not pastured and well-treated.

The whole topic of meat...or higher-quality protein generally...has always been an issue for me.
Which encompasses eggs, dairy, meat, and fish.
I was for many years a very strict vegetarian...eggs only kept me from being vegan. But I had low-level depression for years before I listened to my body.

I craved protein and fat all those years. I mean daily. I constantly tasted the craving (I can't explain it...it was like iron) in my mouth, and the protein pit in my chest was always empty, never satisfied. I remember one summer, I would break down whilst swimming daily and eat tuna along with my beans, corn, and rice or my egg and tofu scramble. Generally, I allowed myself fish a few times a year, regularly, when out with others.

I have often thought that, whilst most women have no idea what I mean by craving protein and filling the protein pit in the chest, many men probably do...and likewise it is probably extremely difficult for many men to do without some eggs, dairy, fish, or meat in their diet, as well, depending on the person. Sometimes you cannot do the dairy and so you may need to balance the eggs with something else, like fish or meat.

After nearly 20 yrs (from 10 to 30) of being a vegetarian went back to being gluten-free...but half the protein in my diet was gone without wheat gluten, which was literally killing me. I reluctantly accepted the situation and substituted real wild-caught fish and organic chicken from our local co-op (I buy all of them periodically in bulk from a local supplier and freeze them, for savings). Almost immediately, the depression lifted and most of my physical ailments (from the gluten) went away.

Due to being gluten intolerant and cow's dairy intolerant, and plus having allergies and just my own body's needs...I have a very high need for high-quality protein and good fats, and I always have. I eventually made peace with the fact that, whilst I would like to live without animal protein (eggs, fish, or flesh), I cannot. I would prefer to live on fish alone, but that too is unsustainable. We cannot all do that. So I buy the cruelty-free chicken -- supposedly, that is, it is cruelty-free.

Out of everything...dairy is the least appealing. Although I don't generally consume sheep's or goat's dairy products, I could do so, since they appear to be fine for me and don't cause problems like raw cow's dairy milk products (butter & cream ok though).

But instead, I do buy them for my son (11), since it seems that good dairy (organic, pastured) and good organic butter are very good for men's development and men's health.

I think the thing to do is to be as thoughtful as possible, and make the best choices we can, minimising the cruelty and suffering, given the limitations or requirements of the body.

Peace & blessings,
7L
I think you make good important points.

I have never considered organic products before. It is worth thinking about.

I struggled as a vegan in the past - sometimes I would just go and buy some chicken - eventually the diet fell apart.

But focusing on organic produce now and then - could be a good solution.

Thank-you
Old 10-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit

What if the chicken is a highly compassionate soul, that has willingly offered it's life up as sustenance for others on the planet?
Old 10-01-2016, 05:11 PM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
What if the chicken is a highly compassionate soul, that has willingly offered it's life up as sustenance for others on the planet?

I don't believe any life form would wish to live such as a life as portrayed in factory farms.

I can't understand it.

I guess humans are 'higher souls' but we still have a responsibility.

We are in the age of transition.

In the future things will change.