Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 22-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
This sound very New Age to me.

Is the aim of interfaith to have faiths infiltrated with New Age, pantheistic or panentheistic, ideas?
Or is it a talk shop where we behave in a civilzed manner, agree to disagree about things we have agreed to disagree before?
Or is it coming together taking part in ceremonies and rituals of other faiths knowing that it makes us feel good and tolerant while understanding little about the meaning of the activity?

Maybe it could be about truly understanding another, but the quoted post already has pointers to the contrary.

Yes, of course it's New Age. Everything that is NOT mainstream Catholic Christianity is New Age. That shows how powerful the Catholic Church is.
But dare to question it. You too will be labelled as New Age, but the Truth has that price.

The Catholic Church was started by the Roman Empire, after a failed attempt to wipe out all Christians from the surface of Earth. The first popes were Roman Emperors. The Catholic Church (their leadership) is an extension of the Roman Empire and it's all about power. We all know this, intuitively. Why is there a pope? - Because he is meant to be the portal to God. (The Emperors WERE God. Not only a portal to a real God.)
But God is within us. People who want to be Gods put themselves between you and your God, that's the perfect power mechanism and exactly what Jesus pointed out.
Old 22-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
This sound very New Age to me.
Is the aim of interfaith to have faiths infiltrated with New Age, pantheistic or panentheistic, ideas?
Maybe it could be about truly understanding another, but the quoted post already has pointers to the contrary.
New religions are created as we speak.

We often like to think we have grown out of religion here, but all these New Age ideas are teaming up and soon there will be established dogma. One could say it is already there. Examples: Atlantis, Lemuria, crystal healing, enlightened/ascended masters, chakras, karma, astrology, earth=school.

All religions are taken out of their context. New Age is basically a mix of Christian mysticism, bits of paganism, and last but not least, Hinduism.
In many ways I would even consider it Hinduism, but more a modern version and a softer one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
For 100,000s of years human beings have believed this and will continue to believe it.
Care to provide evidence for that?

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 22-12-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 22-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Master
Okay maybe not exactly 100,000 years but for a longer period of time than most beliefs.

Besides, why do you always need historical "material" proof of such existence? Matter has no source but from Mind. Matter does not come from Matter. That is why scientist will never find where the ball started because they only look at one dimension of the universe.

The 100,000 years refers to the intuitive beliefs of Atlantis, Lemuria and such.
Old 23-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Okay maybe not exactly 100,000 years but for a longer period of time than most beliefs.

Besides, why do you always need historical "material" proof of such existence? Matter has no source but from Mind. Matter does not come from Matter. That is why scientist will never find where the ball started because they only look at one dimension of the universe.

The 100,000 years refers to the intuitive beliefs of Atlantis, Lemuria and such.

Yes, that's valid for scientific materialism. That part of science where it's discovered and proven that mind has influence over matter, has been suppressed for 80 years.
I have had many "prove that"- discussions with scientific materialists and learned that the problem is not the proofs but what they are ready to accept. And the basic problem behind is that materialistic science rely on a primary assumption, which is NEVER questioned. One such assumption is that there is an Objective Reality, that is isolated from ourselves.
Whenever a basic assumption is challenged, hostility is triggered.
Old 23-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Besides, why do you always need historical "material" proof of such existence?
I certainly don't always need that, but I do if you say humanity has believed in stuff for 100.000's of years.
But if those places you mentioned existed on earth there would be evidence.

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 23-12-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 23-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry J
Yes, that's valid for scientific materialism. That part of science where it's discovered and proven that mind has influence over matter, has been suppressed for 80 years.
Show me how its been suppressed?
I don't think anyone would deny that the ''mind'' influences our actions and choices, thus eventually influences ''matter'', and we all know placebos.
Quote:
I have had many "prove that"- discussions with scientific materialists and learned that the problem is not the proofs but what they are ready to accept.
Being sceptical about certain claims does not make one a ''scientific materialist''. ;)

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 23-12-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 25-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Show me how its been suppressed?
I don't think anyone would deny that the ''mind'' influences our actions and choices, thus eventually influences ''matter'', and we all know placebos.Being sceptical about certain claims does not make one a ''scientific materialist''. ;)

I can show you how it's being suppressed, and part of that answer is what I said before, that about materialistic science's modus operandi: Make a primary assumption, that's then built upon. And the more built the more precious the assumption becomes. So precious indeed, that is MUST NOT BE WRONG.

Albert Einstein's discoveries pointed out a new way to go for science. By then, there was a state where physics had decided they had already discovered everything there is to know. That was Newtons physics, where matter is separated from the mind. Unfortunately, powerholders had already invested a lot in this. ( Science is sometimes not that undisturbed instrument of clearness and objectivity it's meant to be, especially when it's financiers want to create there own sphere.)

Physics - and science - has been split in two camps, much like the ages-old conflict between science and religion. It IS the same conflict.

Quantium physics has been buried under a massive propaganda from the more powerful Newtonian fringe. Look at Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Lee Smolin and many others, on the net and youtube. Se videos about Quantum mechanics, and Dawkins "Enemies of Reason". Dawkins and others do indeed point out much bogus, but what is dangerous is that they want to use it as an alibi to make an absolute statement of what reality is, and create a system.

It's a serious problem, because physics faces a new perspective where traditional proof-making does no longer work. In order for science to evolve, the consciousness level of the scientist must rise (meaning the objective reality idea must be abandoned). But to some scientific materialists there is no such thing as consciousness. Consciousness is subjective and not part of the objective reality, they say.
To the power elite, all talk about raising consciousness is scary.

Kim Michaels gives a very good overview on the problem here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS_x6WJ-z0A

Last edited by Perry J : 25-12-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 25-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Master
Quote:
I can show you how it's being suppressed, and part of that answer is what I said before, that about materialistic science's modus operandi: Make a primary assumption, that's then built upon. And the more built the more precious the assumption becomes. So precious indeed, that is MUST NOT BE WRONG.
It must be hard when spiritual beliefs can't be validated scientifically, but you just got to accept it's subjective and guess work.
Quote:
Quantium physics has been buried under a massive propaganda from the more powerful Newtonian fringe. Look at Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Lee Smolin and many others, on the net and youtube. Se videos about Quantum mechanics, and Dawkins "Enemies of Reason". Dawkins and others do indeed point out much bogus, but what is dangerous is that they want to use it as an alibi to make an absolute statement of what reality is, and create a system.
I have seen that documentary and he doesn't make those claims.
Quote:
It's a serious problem, because physics faces a new perspective where traditional proof-making does no longer work. In order for science to evolve, the consciousness level of the scientist must rise (meaning the objective reality idea must be abandoned).
What consciousness level? Please explain.
No striving for objectivity? Then everyone is right and all beliefs are correct. Sounds like a New Age fairytale..
Quote:
But to some scientific materialists there is no such thing as consciousness. Consciousness is subjective and not part of the objective reality, they say. To the power elite, all talk about raising consciousness is scary.
But what is consciousness? And what is ''raising consciousness''?

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 25-12-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 25-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Experiencer

Well, consciousness is what experiences objective reality, we could say. A higher state of consciousness would be a state where you realize more of the reality than you do right now. It is possible to raise the consciousness, but first you must ask yourself if you want this. It's always possible to lower the consciousness level. Why would it not be possible to heighten it? We all kind of choose the experience we want. See that video I link to.
Old 25-12-2010, 02:11 PM
supernova

Quote:
Well, consciousness is what experiences objective reality, we could say. A higher state of consciousness would be a state where you realize more of the reality than you do right now. It is possible to raise the consciousness, but first you must ask yourself if you want this. It's always possible to lower the consciousness level. Why would it not be possible to heighten it? We all kind of choose the experience we want. See that video I link to.

I too believe we can enhance our consciousness level to any heights. With our limited consciousness we know a little about the universe we are in and with a higher amount of it we will come to know some deeper and subtler realities about the universe we are in. The stars, the constellations and the galaxies that hold them and something bigger than the galaxies and all else will be within our consciousness.