Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 28-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Master
I like your post; it's kinda deep, both "affirming" and "challenging".

If I were to pick a single thread to explore further, it would be the part about: "just more delightful for some".
I would like that everyone (including myself!) have access to delight. I would like that everyone
be able to have mastery over their own being -- true free-will.
Is this a skill? Is this an "acceptance"?

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 28-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
If I were to pick a single thread to explore further, it would be the part about: "just more delightful for some".
I would like that everyone (including myself!) have access to delight. I would like that everyone
be able to have mastery over their own being -- true free-will.
Is this a skill? Is this an "acceptance"?

I love the tales of neverland and especially this part from the Almighty Wikipedia: The novel further explains that the Neverlands are compact enough that adventures are never far between. It says that a map of a child's mind would resemble a map of Neverland, with no boundaries at all. So maybe creating delight is the realization of one's neverland, which could be seen as a removal of all the things within that blocks you like doubt, struggle and so on. And acceptance is simply a key to abundance as struggle seem to be a block of sorts. So when we accept and surrender to our circumstances then we make room in ourselves to blossom within. That the energy we use to struggle simply can be put to better use.

Maybe some NDE is a visit to one's inner neverland, showing you how wonderful things can be if you let them. And you simply get told to leave because there is no place to stay. That there simply is no neverland (/heaven) outside of yourself and traveling to other worlds like the one we describe as the afterlife does not bring it forth.
Old 28-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Master
Hmm. Someplace else on this forum, there's a thread that declares things like: "joy and abundance spring naturally from a mind at peace"
[or words to that effect]. Your description of Neverland seems in accord with that.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:00 PM
runningwithbutterflies

Quote:
Maybe some NDE is a visit to one's inner neverland, showing you how wonderful things can be if you let them. And you simply get told to leave because there is no place to stay. That there simply is no neverland (/heaven) outside of yourself and traveling to other worlds like the one we describe as the afterlife does not bring it forth.

I really love this concept, that somehow we are guided to our inner self instead of reaching something outside of ourself. I remember reading an analogy of God as a loving parent who gives us all the tools we need for happiness (I think it was from Conversations With God)- that we have everything we need inside of us. When I consider that, I think how loving the universe must be to gently point us to within, again and again.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningwithbutterflies
When I consider that, I think how loving the universe must be to gently point us to within, again and again.

And how stubborn we can be to not regocnize our own greatness For myself I never understood this talk about ascension, about lifting yourself to some higher place of existence. When I found the concept of Chthonic Awakening that talks about the Underworld being the place where your soul/spirit dwell made much more sense. So basically it suggested that you had to descend into the depth of yourself to find your essense, meaning in my understanding that you already have all the pieces to make a masterpiece out of yourself
Old 06-02-2013, 12:14 AM
runningwithbutterflies

Quote:
And how stubborn we can be to not regocnize our own greatness For myself I never understood this talk about ascension, about lifting yourself to some higher place of existence. When I found the concept of Chthonic Awakening that talks about the Underworld being the place where your soul/spirit dwell made much more sense. So basically it suggested that you had to descend into the depth of yourself to find your essense, meaning in my understanding that you already have all the pieces to make a masterpiece out of yourself

I've never heard of Chthonic awakening before (...*googles*) but I think that's pretty much what I'm doing right now in my spiritual development...like shamanic practice or soul retrieval...going into myself...we're like little balls of putty assimilating energy and putting it back 'out'...hmmm...I think the judgemental slant of certain terms (like 'higher self' and 'underworld' etc) are really unhelpful when it comes to understanding what is really going on...ultimately something is only 'good' or 'bad' depending on our perception of it...but if it's all part of us why pretend it isn't? (I realise the irony of that statement given what I said in another thread!)

Old 24-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Na, when we so call die, its finished, the mind body organism is no more, your life story also is finished, except for those who carry it on,. but then its only a story. Other bodies appear, all spanking new, not carrying the past of another body, or so called soul.

There are three things which support each other, and which contrast psycho's statement.

1. The ancient spiritual teachings.

2.Modern science today, and since Einstein, is telling us what the true nature of the material world is.
( "Illusory". )

3. The very many anecdotal NDE accounts also.
Which today because of an open atmosphere and due to modern rescusitation techniques, have proliferated.

But St. Paul tells us of his NDE also in the Bible, in 2 Corinthians 12. (Stemming from the event described in Acts 14:19.)
Which agrees in theme with modern NDE accounts.

Then there also is 1 Corinthians 13. The, "Love Chapter". Which aligns also with modern desciptions of people's NDE's.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 30-08-2013, 02:07 AM
pens66

I understand the frustration but human experience is a challenge, it flat out is miserable at times, but I guess we all came here without the guarantee it was going to be a blissful breeze all of the time. I know we are dealt exactly what we need or can handle but sometimes it is faith that is our only saving grace. I was going through a miserable time and transcended into a higher realm and my guides mentioned things to be this way and other's free will have messed things up. I don't remember more but I returned to my body more at peace. Nothing has changed but they hear you, trust me.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Administrator
There are only two certainties in this world one is to be born the other is to pass away (go back home),i have had three near death experiences so far in my life everytime i say i dont want to go back to here.its usualy my grandmother or my guide i see.everytime im told its not my time that i have still work to do here. we are all here to learn i always say the world is the classroom.when we go back home we dont stop learning there are halls of learning there,i know i walk my final path i wont be back again,but i have also lived many lifetimes before,
if you dont want to continue to learn when we go back to spirit we dont have to.the choice is ours to make.

Namaste
Old 02-10-2013, 12:05 AM
CathyC

I've worked with a number of people who have had NDE. When they are told "you need to return" it is not out of a desire to punish. There is something they need to do, a purpose to fulfill. They all brought something back with them which made their life easier. That something was a deep feeling and certainty of being loved. They want to fulfill their purpose.

I can understand how you feel especially if you're life is very difficult. Coming back would feel, from where you are now, a burden and punishment. Almost like showing a 3-year old an ice cream cone and then saying, "Na, na, na, you can't have it."

If it happened to you you might have a completely different experience.