Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 09-10-2012, 12:09 PM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
A Lapis Lazuli Neck lace should do the trick .

Excellent, will try that if I can find one. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by A peaceful mind.
Rinse you mouth with salt water and sink a little bit and spit the rest out..

and what Neville said above.. its a great stone :O)

Will try that too, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
Yes!

I noticed several years ago before stumbling upon these concepts that music or humming would sometimes help me feel better if I was feeling a little ill.

Just got to find the tone that feels right then. Will give it a go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz
Try working on your sacral chakra , throat chakra and sacral are closely linked . Good luck .

Interesting!

Thank you all, this is all really helpful!!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:14 PM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's feeling the way it does. The wish is that a much more pleasant feeling is experienced. The meditation isn't to make things other than the way the way they are. Sometimes there are discomforts, then the mind has an adverse reaction. The meditation is not reacting. In your thread on highs, such is very pleasant feeling and the mind wants it to last so clings, and when high passes, it then craves, and then the next discomfort occurs and back to the adverse reaction.

Yeah I realize this to some extent, I have read it too. It's not so much that I'm bothered by the discomfort when I meditate, in fact it is quite fascinating how meditating can make me go deeply into the feeling. The deepest i have gone, it has felt like a magnet or vortex or something, very unusual.

I do feel like the block is causing problems that need to be healed for my life to flow a lot more. This is why I want to get to the bottom of it.

I read a while back that meditate can bring up all kinds of bodily discomforts and not to turn them into big problems, so I'm trying not to make to much of these things.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden
Yeah I realize this to some extent, I have read it too. It's not so much that I'm bothered by the discomfort when I meditate, in fact it is quite fascinating how meditating can make me go deeply into the feeling. The deepest i have gone, it has felt like a magnet or vortex or something, very unusual.

I do feel like the block is causing problems that need to be healed for my life to flow a lot more. This is why I want to get to the bottom of it.

I read a while back that meditate can bring up all kinds of bodily discomforts and not to turn them into big problems, so I'm trying not to make to much of these things.

I know the everyone has an idea which can be successfully bring a more pleasurable feeling, but I feel it's more important to feel what's there and not try to make it different.

I don't mean focus on that discomfort. To do that means the sensation is distracting from the meditation. One is meditating, then a discomfort occurs, they react to that and they are distracted.... so, what is the meditation method you use, or used, prior to the throats discomfort?
Old 10-10-2012, 03:25 PM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I know the everyone has an idea which can be successfully bring a more pleasurable feeling, but I feel it's more important to feel what's there and not try to make it different.

I don't mean focus on that discomfort. To do that means the sensation is distracting from the meditation. One is meditating, then a discomfort occurs, they react to that and they are distracted.... so, what is the meditation method you use, or used, prior to the throats discomfort?

I see, well to be honest I do get a little distracted by it, but when I focus on it, it seems to take me much deeper, I don't know why.

The meditation I've been using is a sort of my own thing, which involves observing all thoughts, including listening to what I call audio thoughts, staying with the breath as much as possible, but also listening for the silence underneath all sounds, that part takes me deeper and then deeper thoughts comes up, which makes it easier to watch them. basically just sitting back in that stillness and observing everything.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Ascender
Chakras Sacred Sounds
Specific sounds, which are keys to stimulating the chakras, are called bija mantras.A bija mantra is a sacred vowel that resonates with a chakra. Bija means seed and you can see the bija mantra as seed sound. Each chakra has its own bija-mantra.

Root
LAM
C

Sacral
VAM
D

Solar Plexus
RAM
E

Heart
YAM
F

Throat
HAM
G

Third Eye
SHAM
A

Crown
OM
B

Hope this can help you

With peace and love from me to you :O)

Yours

A peaceful Mind
Old 11-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Master
Quote:
I see, well to be honest I do get a little distracted by it, but when I focus on it, it seems to take me much deeper, I don't know why.

The meditation I've been using is a sort of my own thing, which involves observing all thoughts, including listening to what I call audio thoughts, staying with the breath as much as possible, but also listening for the silence underneath all sounds, that part takes me deeper and then deeper thoughts comes up, which makes it easier to watch them. basically just sitting back in that stillness and observing everything.

OK sounds really nice. How did the throat thing start to happen then?
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
OK sounds really nice. How did the throat thing start to happen then?

To be honest I'm not sure now, I think I just started noticing it. Especially after I had a deep meditation a couple of times. The sensation in my throat got so strong in one meditation that I actually became overwhelmed by it and it felt like I was being strangled. It wasn't so much that it was unpleasant, just a very intense and unusual feeling.

This sounds a bit funny, but as I mentioned in another post, I had a kundalini awakening several years ago, and it feels like that may have unlocked an ability to feel my chakras or energies if I get into a deep meditation. I'm not sure, but the same meditations felt a little like the very beginning of a kundalini experience. I know so little about these things that I've really no other way to explain it.

It was particularly easy to feel my throat because it felt like it had such a block. I also felt like I could feel, and go into, my solar plexus chakra, or one around there anyway.

I can mildly feel the block in my throat most of the time, it only spreads all around if I sink into feeling all the subtleties of my 'inner body' through meditation. So unless I have some physical problem with my throat, which I think is unlikely, I'm pretty sure it's to do with chakras.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 AM
peacegarden

Thank you peaceful mind, that's really helpful!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Master
Quote:
To be honest I'm not sure now, I think I just started noticing it. Especially after I had a deep meditation a couple of times. The sensation in my throat got so strong in one meditation that I actually became overwhelmed by it and it felt like I was being strangled. It wasn't so much that it was unpleasant, just a very intense and unusual feeling.

I experienced strange sensations after I started meditation, and first I wondered, but people told me all nature of farout stories and didn't know what to think, so I just kept doing what I do.

Quote:
This sounds a bit funny, but as I mentioned in another post, I had a kundalini awakening several years ago, and it feels like that may have unlocked an ability to feel my chakras or energies if I get into a deep meditation. I'm not sure, but the same meditations felt a little like the very beginning of a kundalini experience. I know so little about these things that I've really no other way to explain it.

I don't know what a kandalini awakening is either. teehee.

Quote:
It was particularly easy to feel my throat because it felt like it had such a block. I also felt like I could feel, and go into, my solar plexus chakra, or one around there anyway.

I started with mild pressure on my forehead, and I did ask about it and was told the usual third eye stories, but I didn't worry much, I figured they're probably hocum anyway. People tell different stories.

Quote:
I can mildly feel the block in my throat most of the time, it only spreads all around if I sink into feeling all the subtleties of my 'inner body' through meditation. So unless I have some physical problem with my throat, which I think is unlikely, I'm pretty sure it's to do with chakras.

Well, I experience different sensations, but I don't seem to have any ideas about that, and I remember recently it felt like a solid lump all through my entire torso, it didn't feel good at all. I figured somthing was happening, but I didn't know what, so didn't worry about it and just kept meditating as I usually do. Sorry, but I just think so be it and why problem.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:22 PM
peacegarden

I do see your point Gem. I probably have a tendency to make too much of things, and that probably doesn't help me much.

Sometimes my fascination may get the better of me, but my fascination has guided me well so far, so if it leads to a better understanding of the energies within me, and how to help them flow, then that would hopefully lead me to a greater connection with the divine would it not?