Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-07-2020, 02:57 PM
Guide
The “I am” shock

The “I am” shock can be felt when we say “I am, you are, all these beautiful things e.g. the sky, trees, clouds, rainbow etc. are”. When we say that, we are shocked. We feel clueless. How do I exist? How do you exist? How does all this beauty exist? These very important questions have no answer. We are shocked. I call this the “I am” shock.

As we repeat this, feeling the “I am” shock again and again, we “awaken”. It is like opening our eyes. We cannot stay longtime is this awakened state for more than a few seconds because of the shock that we receive. However, as we repeat feeling the “I am” shock again and again, we can get used to the shock and can stay in the awakened state more easily.

What is the benefit of such awakening? I experienced improved health and also a way to cope with depression. When I perform this, I observed that I feel like “this is best day of my life”. I also experienced better communication with my Higher Self.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
green1
Old 08-07-2020, 03:04 PM
Elfin

Awakening is the most wonderful experience. It is also the most confusing experience. But it does teach us the "I am " moment. We can only live in the here amd now. And yes.. it can be a shock as in it came from no-where and initially turns out life upside down. But it's a blessing. It is to be recieved as a gift, because all will become apparent in time as to where this takes us. Go with the flow of this enlightenment and enjoy the journey...
Old 08-07-2020, 03:24 PM
Master

Words and expressions mean different things for different people.

‘I Am’ for instance, maybe clarified as ‘I Am That’ or better still, ‘That, I Am’. Tat Tvam Asi ... That thou art.

Essentially, when our consciousness expands in stillness (by grace) to encompass the Universe, the expression acquires significance. Otherwise, it is merely another ‘spiritually cool’ phraseology on the cocktail circuit.

The oneness experience when we actually become the singular awareness which feels all within itself cannot be described in a manner comprehensible to another who has not so experienced. It is a non-dual state of consciousness, when no doubts remain. We may liken it to a sort of Samadhi. Then again, the word Samadhi ... what does it convey to someone who has not vaporised to become That?

On the other hand, the ‘I Am shock’ as stated, wherein we are one with the throb of life in astonishment & wonderment is perhaps a prerequisite to imbibing the subtler currents without distortion.

In my view, ‘I Am’ corresponds to thought rested awareness. Softened attention, poised and yet unexpectant, receptive to surprise.

Old 08-07-2020, 06:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
The “I am” shock can be felt when we say “I am, you are, all these beautiful things e.g. the sky, trees, clouds, rainbow etc. are”. When we say that, we are shocked. We feel clueless. How do I exist? How do you exist? How does all this beauty exist? These very important questions have no answer. We are shocked. I call this the “I am” shock.

As we repeat this, feeling the “I am” shock again and again, we “awaken”. It is like opening our eyes. We cannot stay longtime is this awakened state for more than a few seconds because of the shock that we receive. However, as we repeat feeling the “I am” shock again and again, we can get used to the shock and can stay in the awakened state more easily.

What is the benefit of such awakening? I experienced improved health and also a way to cope with depression. When I perform this, I observed that I feel like “this is best day of my life”. I also experienced better communication with my Higher Self.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
green1
Thanks for sharing.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:58 AM
Guide
Thanks for your comments. I corrected a typo, here is the new version:

As we repeat this, feeling the “I am” shock again and again, we “awaken”. It is like opening our eyes. We cannot stay longtime in this awakened state for more than a few seconds because of the shock that we receive. However, as we repeat feeling the “I am” shock again and again, we can get used to the shock and can stay in the awakened state more easily.

What is the benefit of such awakening? I experienced improved health and also a way to cope with depression. When I perform this, I observed that I feel like “this is the best day of my life”. I also experienced better communication with my Higher Self.

Last edited by green1 : 09-07-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-07-2020, 11:07 AM
Elfin

Your life will continue to improve in many ways. There is no going back now, only forward..The "I AM " concept is the the most wonderful gift.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:05 PM
Guide
I believe that this “awakening” is a kind of enlightenment. I perform it since 3 years. I feel extreme joy. Everyday is the best day of my life!
Old 12-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Master
If you say that and feel it you align with your Monadic self, which is higher up than the HS.
I did not experience it as a shock though. The first time I did that I didn't even know what it was about. it was during a workshop.
I remember how totally wonderful it was, free falling, free flying, liberating, glory, letting go of all earthy things that normally burden you, hold you back, even when not per say negative. Put in different words, letting go of everything and everyone that binds you.
Connecting with who you truly are, your essence!
How can that be a shock? It's the most beautiful feeling when you can flow Source through you.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:15 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
If you say that and feel it you align with your Monadic self, which is higher up than the HS.
I did not experience it as a shock though. The first time I did that I didn't even know what it was about. it was during a workshop.
I remember how totally wonderful it was, free falling, free flying, liberating, glory, letting go of all earthy things that normally burden you, hold you back, even when not per say negative. Put in different words, letting go of everything and everyone that binds you.
Connecting with who you truly are, your essence!
How can that be a shock? It's the most beautiful feeling when you can flow Source through you.

It is a shock because we don’t know how the existence is. The existence is shocking. Like: I am!!! whoaaa!!! How cool is that!!! Then, we fall asleep again, because we cannot handle the shock.

Last edited by green1 : 12-07-2020 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:47 PM
Lorelyen

No shock to me. We indicate as the subject of a statement a preference, a need, a state of being, etc., so many times in our lives that we acclimatise to this. Any awakening (which I believe is an ongoing process - there may seem to be a big bang but thereafter it's incremental (to me anyway) - has concerned the impact of events that broadened my awareness in a way that wouldn't have happened in their absence.