Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 18-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Adam23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
An important note: belief doesn't have to be tied to a specific framework of religion. We are all capable of believing independently. When people don't realize this, we have religious conflict.

Couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madera23
If you cant face your fears., how can you overcome them? If you fear demons just tell them to get lost.
They are cowards. They will flee.
I have to add that at one time I had ocd.
one day I was walking at the beach boardwalk and suddenly fear came up telling me I couldnt walk another step, for a second I froze with fear, then I said to myself the sidewalk is there, I looked at it and
continued to walk.
I speak from experience.
Cant listen to your thoughts, they are deceiving. Go against fearful thoughts and your ocd will heal.
madera

Yes, I agree with your overall statement, I just don't agree with the method of confronting the fear which you propose. For example, if someone has contamination OCD, making them read an article about the dangers of different bacterias/viruses and the illnesses/diseases they can produce would just add fuel to the fire.

Same way here. Watching the video won't help me in anything. What I can and should do however, is stopping the compulsions. In this particular case my compulsions are not meditating (avoidance), trying to find solution in thoughts (rumination), not accepting the possibility that something may happen (not taking the risk). I'm currently working on all three of them. My anxiety has lessened already. If I keep this up, I will get rid of this fear completely.
Old 18-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Guide
Quote:
I have been seeing a lot of comparison to the shakra with my meditation.
we don't realize there are demons in these spiritual practices and fear is a sign of demon possession . I have experienced it, gone though the possession, but, It happens in spiritualism.
That is what that video is saying, there is the possibility of it coming to the surface. But if we can realize that the experience and the spirit behind it is fearful of losing it's life. The fear only happens when we identify with it. We have control over it, it is a wimp. I have dealt with it. That is why if we tell it to leave, it will. If we have confidence we can do it.
You are young and not as experienced in dealing with the darkness. . I am many years older than you, you have a lot to experience. So as scripture says, don't be so sure of yourself.
I am trying to help him to overcome his ocd.
Forgiving those who have hurt us has put anger in us, anger is demonic.
I am sure that ocd comes from anger. There is so much more I can say, but, enough is enough.

I was born into a family that, while love them, they tend to hang into negative energy, which had a negative effect on me. I was scared of the dark in my preteens, developed a mild to severe stutter at 4 which I am still dealing with at 26, I lack some social confidence, I am easily stressed out by small things (have made tremendous strides with this last two years), I used to have terrible mood swings which have lessened.

All these personal issues reached a climax after college when I was preparing to enter "the real world", and I had a severe melt down. I spent 20 years trying to find external solutions to my issues. It wasn't until I completely collapsed that I started looking inside for solutions. I started with relaxation breathing techniques and I noticed subtle benefits from it. I then found this psychologist (I had been to many with no benefit), who also considered herself to be a spiritual guide. She taught me how to relax my mind and bring it back to center (just one form of many meditation techniques I have experimented with the past two years). When I finally brought my mind back to center, it was mind blowing. Every issue that I was dealing with was no longer in existence when I focused on the center. It was amazing. I felt balanced, impenetrable, and safe. I was able to go out in public and not be self conscience. The biggest challenge has been staying centered while speaking. I don't stutter when centered, but it so easy to fall off center and this will probably be a life long journey. I associated being centered with a certain sensation I feel towards the back of my head. It was as if my minds energy was very forward (in my two eyes, forward headaches, head heavy), and when I drop it back, all that forward energy issues disappear (as well as stress)

After learning that technique I was hooked. I opened myself to a new way if thinking that was much more clear, simple yet complex. I don't take life as seriously anymore. There so many ways to accomplish the same outcome. It's all about finding what works for you. Because, like I was saying, it's about belief/intent.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 18-04-2015, 06:11 PM
madera23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam23
Couldn't agree more.

Yes, I agree with your overall statement, I just don't agree with the method of confronting the fear which you propose. For example, if someone has contamination OCD, making them read an article about the dangers of different bacterias/viruses and the illnesses/diseases they can produce would just add fuel to the fire.

Same way here. Watching the video won't help me in anything. What I can and should do however, is stopping the compulsions. In this particular case my compulsions are not meditating (avoidance), trying to find solution in thoughts (rumination), not accepting the possibility that something may happen (not taking the risk). I'm currently working on all three of them. My anxiety has lessened already. If I keep this up, I will get rid of this fear completely.

I have googled for the solution about the original cause of ocd.
It boggles my mind that doctors solutions are meds.
They don't consider the spiritual part of ocd. Meds only drug the demon which lasts for awhile because it becomes drugged, but when the meds wear off there Is the ocd again.
So back to square 1.

My mother had emotional problems, meds didn't work for her so they tried
horrible shock treatments, she was okay for awhile until the demon awakened again. All it did was shock the demon for awhile.

It seems when a child goes to bed healthy and happy and wakes up with ocd
something had entered that child while asleep.

I still say tell it to go back to hell where it came from.
Is it a coincidence that you came to a spiritual place looking for help?
If you feel you are getting better, I wish you well.
Madera
Old 18-04-2015, 06:25 PM
madera23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
I was born into a family that, while love them, they tend to hang into negative energy, which had a negative effect on me. I was scared of the dark in my preteens, developed a mild to severe stutter at 4 which I am still dealing with at 26, I lack some social confidence, I am easily stressed out by small things (have made tremendous strides with this last two years), I used to have terrible mood swings which have lessened.

All these personal issues reached a climax after college when I was preparing to enter "the real world", and I had a severe melt down. I spent 20 years trying to find external solutions to my issues. It wasn't until I completely collapsed that I started looking inside for solutions. I started with relaxation breathing techniques and I noticed subtle benefits from it. I then found this psychologist (I had been to many with no benefit), who also considered herself to be a spiritual guide. She taught me how to relax my mind and bring it back to center (just one form of many meditation techniques I have experimented with the past two years). When I finally brought my mind back to center, it was mind blowing. Every issue that I was dealing with was no longer in existence when I focused on the center. It was amazing. I felt balanced, impenetrable, and safe. I was able to go out in public and not be self conscience. The biggest challenge has been staying centered while speaking. I don't stutter when centered, but it so easy to fall off center and this will probably be a life long journey. I associated being centered with a certain sensation I feel towards the back of my head. It was as if my minds energy was very forward (in my two eyes, forward headaches, head heavy), and when I drop it back, all that forward energy issues disappear (as well as stress)

After learning that technique I was hooked. I opened myself to a new way if thinking that was much more clear, simple yet complex. I don't take life as seriously anymore. There so many ways to accomplish the same outcome. It's all about finding what works for you. Because, like I was saying, it's about belief/intent.

Most of the childrens problems stem from failure of parents.
God knows I did my share. My guilt led me to cry out to God and I hungered and thirsted for change.
I had no techniques, I am hooked only on God.
It is true that God answers sincere prayers.
Madera
Old 19-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Adam23

Quote:
I have googled for the solution about the original cause of ocd.
It boggles my mind that doctors solutions are meds.
They don't consider the spiritual part of ocd. Meds only drug the demon which lasts for awhile because it becomes drugged, but when the meds wear off there Is the ocd again.
So back to square 1.

My mother had emotional problems, meds didn't work for her so they tried
horrible shock treatments, she was okay for awhile until the demon awakened again. All it did was shock the demon for awhile.

It seems when a child goes to bed healthy and happy and wakes up with ocd
something had entered that child while asleep.

I still say tell it to go back to hell where it came from.
Is it a coincidence that you came to a spiritual place looking for help?
If you feel you are getting better, I wish you well.
Madera

I don't take any meds. I had an offer once but I refused as it only deals with symptoms, not with the core of the problem.

While I don't necessarily believe it's caused by any demons, I could try your solution (what do I have to lose anyway) - but could you explain how do I go about this, exactly?
Old 19-04-2015, 05:11 PM
madera23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam23
I don't take any meds. I had an offer once but I refused as it only deals with symptoms, not with the core of the problem.

While I don't necessarily believe it's caused by any demons, I could try your solution (what do I have to lose anyway) - but could you explain how do I go about this, exactly?

Hi Adam
All you have to lose are your fears and anxieties.
This is a simple 7 minute meditation that does all of the above.
Go to antidoteforall.com
It is a judeo Christian meditation that is in the bible in psalms "be still and know"
It is simple and un-complicated unlike others.
Madera
Old 19-04-2015, 06:34 PM
TesseLated

Adam-I believe the anxiety you're having about the 3rd eye chakra will be sufficient to keep it closed. You would know for sure if it had opened. Don't worry about it opening prematurely.

Also, just do a 'thought floating by' type meditation...I would think this would be esp. good for what you're dealing with.

Remember that we are NOT our thoughts and feelings...Our be-ing is separate.
Old 21-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Adam23

I'll try both of them, thank you.