Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 28-11-2011, 02:51 PM
donnnn1

Communicating dead loved ones = Demons?

I have been reading the book 'We Don't Die' and its about the medium George Anderson. It really is a fantastic book and has helped with my religious fear but I have some doubts.

George is a devout Catholic but im worried his gift which has helped so many people is the work of the devil or demons.

Is this claim by fundamentalist Christians true or false?
Old 28-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Tabitha

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnnn1
George is a devout Catholic but im worried his gift which has helped so many people is the work of the devil or demons.

That is the claim that is made time and time again with these matters.

The truth is that I don't think anybody on earth can say 100% one way or the another if it is the truth or not. It's up to you to study and examine all the evidence presented to you, and decide for yourself what you believe.

I'm facing a similar dilemma myself just now, in that I've experienced spirit activity in my house for the past five or six years. Of course, fundamentalists will tell me that it must be a demon. The problem I have with that, is, using the brain that God gave me, I can see no reason or sense whatsoever why a supposed "demon" should spend six years visiting boring little me, in my boring little semi, in a boring little suburb, with my very ordinary little family - for what? To try to turn me over to some "dark side", away from God, to induce me to worship "Satan", or whatever? When I consider it that way, it just seems so ludicrous. My visiting spirit has only ever been playful and completely harmless, and I've never felt any threat - if anything now, I actually start missing my wee "ghostie" (my familiar term for my visiting entity) when I don't get any activity for a while. That may sound daft, but it's better than feeling threatened, I reckon.

Likewise, I think you have decide for yourself what makes sense to you, and what doesn't - and stop worrying about that which doesn't.

Good luck in working it out - I'm still getting there myself.
Old 28-11-2011, 04:38 PM
cleargemstone

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnnn1
I have been reading the book 'We Don't Die' and its about the medium George Anderson. It really is a fantastic book and has helped with my religious fear but I have some doubts.

Hello,
Bless you, i can see how any one can be so confused with so many different signals and signs or ways of comunicating going on after the spirit has left the body, but the body is just the vessel in which our soul or spirit resides while on earth, it is true you can't die but the body can stop running, but this in noway stops all the other stuff, personality, charateristics and love all carry on as before Xxx
Old 28-11-2011, 05:09 PM
iolite

I would say FALSE!!

If the messages are loving and and a comfort to the persons in question, how can it possibly be "the devil".

How is it that the Pentecosts can speak in tongues and call that God speaking thru them, but mediums are consorting with demons and the devil? Seems a little hypocritical to me.
Old 28-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Hi donnn,
Then by all means let me send you the pdf of "Life in the Unseen World"....since it is a transmission from a priest on the Other Side - it should clear op
your fears.
He addresses the claims of them being demons when they are just "us" on the Other Side..etc.
Pm me your email...such a good read -there is thread on the book started by Left Behind.
:) Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-11-2011, 09:12 PM
donnnn1

I will pm you my e-mail miss hepburn!

Have you read any of George Andersons books? He is an incredible medium but also a devout catholic, before each reading he does, he prays and blesses himself.

He is also big on the rosary, and often the Saints speak through him. But he says there is no hell and everyone gets to the beautiful hereafter.
Old 28-11-2011, 09:43 PM
iolite

Quote:
But he says there is no hell and everyone gets to the beautiful hereafter.

Well the fundementalists would have a BIG problem with that -- since they devote large amounts of energy preaching on hell and damnation of the unsaved.
Old 29-11-2011, 04:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DdaESTy7xc

Great youtube all about George A.----about a minute in.

Well, I'm about 8 youtubes in now...thank you, donnn, for turning me onto him.
Having lived on Long Island and in NY - it is even more fun for me.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 29-11-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 29-11-2011, 10:26 PM
donnnn1

He is great, after reading one of his books he is definetely genuine.

Just the doubts creep in about demons etc!

However the messages he recieves are scarily accurate, and at the same time they are messages of love and hope.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:40 PM
donnnn1

I read the piece about Borgia and the Catholic Priest.

There is only 2 conclusions, it was either the priest communicating or it was a demon.

My anxious state always makes me think negative therefore I will sway towards a demon :(