Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 11-12-2011, 03:44 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
We all have visions of what the spirit world is like.
Our own visions of what to expect.
But on the whole what are the basics of spirit and their world?
Why is the truth of the spirit world so mysterious?
Why aren't we given the whole truth of what to expect when our time comes?
We hear this version and that version,most very different from the other.
We know there are different planes starting from the bottom progressing to the most elusive plane of all where we are one with the Great Spirit.
I find this very confusing.

Why can't spirit give us the true picture before we pass onto into their world?
Deepsea

"Anctient chinese secret". ;-)
Old 11-12-2011, 04:35 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
"Anctient chinese secret". ;-)

Gotta be something like that.....
Wonder if we need a password to get in the front door?
Old 11-12-2011, 07:42 PM
earthprowler

probably something along the lines of "um, father......i'm back with no where to go......can i come in please???"
Old 11-12-2011, 08:52 PM
deepsea

That sounds about right,what worries me is where they offer lodgings.

Could be where it's a bit hot.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Experiencer

Yes, Deepsea: I think we all learn, little by little.

Also, remember the story of the blind men trying to describe an elephant: that it was like a rope, a snake, a tree, a wall, a fan - depending on what part of it's body they were touching?

They were all correct: but none of them were "seeing" the whole picture.

Or imagine what it would be like if you were a space traveler who landed on earth? Odds are that you would say that it was a vast salt ocean. Or maybe a lifeless desert. Or a dense jungle teeming with life. Or a big city, inhabited by bipedal creatures who seemed to be dependent on some quasi-life form that had four wheels. And in every case you'd be correct.

I think the same applies to Spiritualist revelations. Or to Near Death Experiencers. Or to those who have received other revelations. All are seeing just a small part of the next world.

And then, as othere here mentioned, all that has to be filtered through the mind and values of the seer. . . no wonder we are told different things.

Jim
Old 12-12-2011, 07:21 AM
deepsea

You are so right,Jim.
How often do we have discussions with friends,family etc?
How often do we agree or they disagree with us about how a certain aspect of anything looks?
Scenery,paintings for instance.
We all see things differently from each other.
How boring it would be if we all had same viewpoint as each other.
Old 20-01-2012, 10:18 PM
LuvChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
Because we come here to learn... and because some people, when the truth of Home is revealed, may feel the urge to end it here and return before their work is done. Also, there is *so* much to understand, so many complexities... our human containers can't hold it all for long.

I agree with this. The less we know about the beauty we're missing, the less we'll want to ditch boot camp and go back there.
Old 20-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvChild
I agree with this. The less we know about the beauty we're missing, the less we'll want to ditch boot camp and go back there.

Talk about seeing things differently (see above!) : it's just the opposite with me. The more I learn about the next life, the more I understand the importance of this one.
Old 21-01-2012, 12:31 AM
LuvChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Talk about seeing things differently (see above!) : it's just the opposite with me. The more I learn about the next life, the more I understand the importance of this one.

That's okay. I know how important it is to stick it out here, it just makes me wish there was a fast forward button. That's all.
Old 21-01-2012, 02:05 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvChild
That's okay. I know how important it is to stick it out here, it just makes me wish there was a fast forward button. That's all.

Jim