Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
When we pass from this life the proof will be self-evident.... :^)

I honestly don't see it as a bad thing at all that we generally are unsure of what goes on "over there" while residing in this physical body. It seems that this is the theme... that we forget... it appears that this forgetting is intentional since "not knowing" is quit common and normal... so why fight it?

If we're here to live the physical then our attention would need to be riveted on such..

I personally have plenty of proof that we continue, and that those that we've known are still existing outside our view... but telling you this won't bring about the conviction that you're looking for... they would just be more disembodied stories for you to add to your thoughts... If your soul intended you to know then within moments you would... our souls can inject what it wishes at will... this afterlife knowing seems to occur on a "need to know" basis.... the fact that you're curious at this serious a level may suggest that an "experience" is heading your way (I often feel thematic ripples shortly before such an event actually unfolds)... for that's the only way you'll know for certain... you'll need to see it for yourself.... and once you know, you'll then "know".. there's little ambiguity when the truth is standing there with you... :^)

You know, I totally agree with this.
It doesn't matter how many peoples' experiences you read about or are moved by, they will all be anecdotal. And there's no harm in that!
While it's great to discuss, and share other peoples' experiences, it is your own experience which counts in the end. And I too, do believe these glimpses are given on a "need-to-know" basis. And not because someone who has had experiences is more "advanced" than the next person who does not know for sure.
One day you will know. When the right time comes and for the right reason, whenever that will be....or maybe only the actual knowledge will come at the moment of your own passing? If that's the case, it is definitely meant to be. We are here to live our lives. It's my view that is extremely important, whatever glimpses we might get of the other worlds.
Old 27-03-2013, 02:25 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
You know, I totally agree with this.
It doesn't matter how many peoples' experiences you read about or are moved by, they will all be anecdotal. And there's no harm in that!
While it's great to discuss, and share other peoples' experiences, it is your own experience which counts in the end. And I too, do believe these glimpses are given on a "need-to-know" basis. And not because someone who has had experiences is more "advanced" than the next person who does not know for sure.
One day you will know. When the right time comes and for the right reason, whenever that will be....or maybe only the actual knowledge will come at the moment of your own passing? If that's the case, it is definitely meant to be. We are here to live our lives. It's my view that is extremely important, whatever glimpses we might get of the other worlds.

One of the coolest books that I read some time ago was from a woman who went though a long series of past life regressions. Her first life was in Egypt, she was part of a mystical sect that was very highly spiritually advanced. They moved things with energy, they manipulated matter... that was her first life... from then it progressively got simpler... in another life she found herself as a male viking. He was deeply masculine, raiding villages, killed several people, he loved the sheer human intensity of that life, and though she had no problem with the brutality of that lifetime, she sought to soften things a bit after that one... her lives became increasingly simpler... she picked the simpler lives on purpose in order to better understand what it was to be simply human immersed in a purely human environment... these were all done for the sake of simplicity and a down-to-earth humanism experience ...

When a soul chooses a life it's not with the intent to escape it... that happens by default at the end of each cycle... A soul becomes immersed within the experience... it's this immersion that the soul has in mind...

One of the best books that I read on Lucid Dreaming was written by a most intuitive and insightful man. The book was incredible! I had already experience a seemingly endless string of Lucid Dreaming and knew much of the process of entering and exiting, had practice with what facilitated my remaining in that state, and knew with some clarity what would "pop" me out of it (don't ever get overly exited within a lucid dream...will bump you every time... :^). This author had collected the lucid dreaming traditions from all over the world, described them in detail. I could often see my own experience within these tales... But there was a caveat to this book and this author... He had never had a lucid dream himself... he was deeply lamentive of this fact... he had studied the process for years, and couldn't manage to initiate a lucid dream within himself.... I was startled... this suggested something quite poignant.... he personally wanted to do something but his soul wouldn't allow it.... it seems that events such as this, should they occur, tend to do so on a need-to-know basis....

So this idea that we can study and conquer our limitations by purposefully expecting ourselves to do so.... or that somehow we're missing-out on something if we don't astral project, or help souls to the other side, see the future with clarity, or at least do "something" that's spiritually-correct.. is just silly... We are what we are, we're here doing what we're drawn to do... raise our children with love and deep empathy and you just did something amazingly spiritual.... that may just be what you arrived here for... to know love and share love among those you encouraged love as a shared theme... then leave this life the wiser for having done so... that's spiritual... :^)
Old 27-03-2013, 08:08 AM
primrose

Hi Paul, I guess having proof is personal to all of us. When my mother was close to death in a Cancer Hospital I made the trip home to be with her, she would talk to my grandmother who died 20 years earlier and asked could I see her, and if what she was telling her was true? Everything she was being told about me and my son who was'nt born when my grandmother died, was true, things my mother did'nt know. A few months later, my mothers younger brother who was'nt sick, started saying he could see and talk to my mom, he died himself not long after. My grandmother told me through my mother that my son was one time her son. I did'nt give much thought to reincarnation before that. My son has since died, it comforts me to know he lives on.
Old 29-03-2013, 10:17 PM
merrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
A delight, yes, a necessity, no.... :^)

Hi Stephen,

I agree, it is not a necessity to know about "the great beyond". Why do you think we forget? Is it to pay attention to what we have have in our present lives and deal with that?

To me, to be able to view what is beyond the horizon is comforting to help me know there is a purpose to this present life. All the pain, suffering, etc.
Old 30-03-2013, 12:33 PM
andrewpeter

Life beyond

Hi, I received a reading from a medium a few weeks ago. He informed me that a member of the family had died on the Lusitania. On arriving back home I began researching and found that indeed a distant relative had drowned when the ship was sunk (May 7th 1915) by the German U-boat, U20. One month previously I had had a vision of a large ship with four funnels being towed away from the harbour. Lots of people were standing on the pier waving hankerchiefs and in front of me an open-topped car with four persons sitting in it looking toward the ship. At the time I could not understand nor relate to the scene. Curiously, on many earlier readings the name 'George' was mentioned as being close but could not connect the name to anyone I had known. It was George's way to be remembered.
To me, this is proof of life continuing on in a different world after death.
Old 30-03-2013, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator
That is so very interesting. This also pretty much excludes any possibility of telepathy with you or anything like that during the reading.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:08 AM
erinbell

I might be late to the game here- but reading Proof of Heaven was very helpful for me! I was someone who feared death extremely until I read it- and now I feel so much more peaceful about my death.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:49 AM
Master
My grandmother passed a little over a week ago, about three hours after her passing I meditated and asked my Spirit to follow here energy trail to make sure she got off alright and wasn't malingering in the hospital confused about where to go.

The experience was amazing, I followed her through about 20 layers each one more washed out in golden light that the last one, after about 12 layers I couldn't see details or even outlines anymore....at one point she zoomed out into space for a little bit and streaked through the stars, then she went into a layer so saturated in bright golden light I couldn't follow anymore...but the sense was strong she had passed through it on her way to somewhere, though it was too high vibration for me to follow anymore.

So for me that will stand as good enough of proof of life after death, tho I've a few other convincing experiences as well. In the end we all have to form our own thoughts on it, come to peace with it or fear it or explore it as some of us have done, until such time as our bodies quit and we get to find out definitively.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:41 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrie
Hi Stephen,

I agree, it is not a necessity to know about "the great beyond". Why do you think we forget? Is it to pay attention to what we have have in our present lives and deal with that?

To me, to be able to view what is beyond the horizon is comforting to help me know there is a purpose to this present life. All the pain, suffering, etc.

I easily understand the relief in being granted such knowing! :^) It seems to me that this is such a closely held secret in order that we intently "feel" limitation, that we intently feel vulnerably, that we intently feel a form of helplessness in such a way that is not commonalty available on "the other side". Were we to fully know the "punch line" to all this then the experience itself would be less poignant, less compelling...

For an eternal soul, such as we are, to experience limits must indeed be a rare, and a deeply sobering experience... this may intimately be the benefit of being as we currently are... bound to time, bound to restraint, bound to limitation, bound to a format that condenses experience into a tight ordered package, a theme for each life, a beginning and end point.... were we to know too much of the overview to all this then the benefits would likely be compromised and the experience itself would lack the depth that it currently contains....
Old 02-04-2013, 02:52 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong

The experience was amazing, I followed her through about 20 layers each one more washed out in golden light that the last one, after about 12 layers I couldn't see details or even outlines anymore....at one point she zoomed out into space for a little bit and streaked through the stars, then she went into a layer so saturated in bright golden light I couldn't follow anymore...but the sense was strong she had passed through it on her way to somewhere, though it was too high vibration for me to follow anymore.

That's incredible CrystalSong! When a friend of mine passed some years ago I was only able to follow him skyward for a very short period and was blocked at the point of a bluish-white energetic roar... I suspect that this was among the first layers that you mentioned... The one thing that was certain was that this passing is not a bad thing... this awakening that we go through upon passing is warmly welcomed when the transition itself is openly embraced ... we are much more than we currently realize ourselves to be... :^)