Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 25-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Guide

Hi Crystal canuck, that's a great idea about the Tourmaline rings. I'm sure they will turn out looking very nice. I have a big piece of multicolor Tourmaline but in normal daylight it's just too dark so I'm considering have it cut as there are all kinds of colors in it. Tourmaline is such a beautiful stone often.

I also visit Reddit from time to time. It's a nice addition to this forum to talk about stones and crystals. :)
Old 26-08-2018, 05:32 AM
Experiencer
Hi Sylmar ! Thanks for the tip on the Reddit forums. There is lots of great current threads there about crystals ! Also I must thank you for the mindat site. You are a wealth of information, and I am thankful to find some other great sites to converse about crystals and gemstones, which is actually when I think about it, the one thing I am most interested in and the closest thing to a hobby.

Cutting a stone is a great way to bring out colours and luster. I am sure I don't have to tell you that Multi-coloured tourmaline is a little different than the color change tourmaline, but we have some specimens of that as well ( my wife is crazy about tourmaline as most people here know ) we have a large chunk of something that might be similar to the saturated coloured tourmaline you are talking about. The one we have is around 200 carats of a really deep ( hard to describe ) but you can see yellow around the tips, inside is a really deep purple but you can see red orange as well. It's a really dark colour as well, and best in the light just like you described.

I know we are off topic a bit, but I have really enjoyed my conversation with you Sylmar. If you like tourmaline you should check out my huge blue indocolite tourmaline ( something like 2000 carats ) I got for a song, for my wife, from an auction. I posted it in recent purchase thread not long ago.
Old 28-08-2018, 12:09 AM
Master
A crystal being angry? It's more likely your own projection that makes you feel that way.
Herkimers have an extremely high energy, the darker inclusions help ground this light, which is enormous. So these inclusions in there are more a good sign than a bad one. Crystals also grow and evolve, activate to higher levels, when exposed to the right circumstances.
Herkimers are very powerful healers, manifestations of light in physical form.
It wouldn't even need charging every month, it's just an extra. It's human assumption to think they are like batteries that drain and need recharging. Indeed some do, especially if the person and/or environment they reside in hold lots of heavy energy. But there are also plenty of crystals that hardly need any cleansing and/or charging as they do this themselves.
Herkimers are connected to the light of Divine Essence and radiate a very pure and clear crystalline light which cleanses your energy field.
A crystal with this type of energy and light won't easily get cluttered with negativity, and angry?
Crystals don't get angry. It's not like when you ignore them for a week, months, or years even they get PO.
Crystals don't judge, don't whinge, don't complain, and they don't get angry. The only time something is 'wrong' with them is when a human being has messed with it. But even if the surrounding and/or people around it would be mostly negative I think it would take quite some time for a Herkimer to be bothered by it.
It's more likely that its high energies trigger something in you which makes you think it's the crystal. That can happen.
Can be that the crystal is just too much for you, or too much at this moment in time. You may try to just leave it for now, don't hold it or meditate with it, and try again at some later point in time.
As for charging, which I doubt is necessary for the crystal, I feel Herkimer would benefit more from sunlight than moonlight. Apart from that, crystals also charge when they get daylight.
Old 28-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Guide

Interesting post FairyCrystal, it's pretty much how I feel about crystals and stones. I agree that there aren't 'bad' stones, it is just us reacting to them. Sometimes it's better to put a stone away for a while.

One thing that I'm interested in is that I one day years back I went to a shop where the owner claimed that my Lapis Lazuli was 'depleted' and didn't do much for me anymore. That made me quite sad as it was my favourite piece.

Now looking back I wonder if it's true that crystals and stones can really 'deplete' and become obsolete. Is that something you can give your opinion on?
Old 29-08-2018, 12:18 AM
Master
It can happen, although I've never had it happen myself with any of my crystals. but when I'm actively working with crystals and I know it's going to be hard work I tell them to not put more than 80% of their energy into it.
I have actually had a little crystal skull that got drained quite a lot. Not completely but more than I had wanted. Even though I had told it to not work more than 80%.
It has recovered, I allowed it time for that, did spend time with it and on it. But it never got that immense power that it had when I first got it. It was so powerful I could barely look into its eyes, and it's only a small skullie, I think 3,5 - 4 cms.
It was in a grid with a great number of other skulls and a great many crystals, working on something that was quite a heavy thing. I left the grid out for almost a year before I dismantled it.
That had to do with healing from a very abusive relationship, that's why I put so many crystals & skulls in the grid as I knew it was going to be a heavy load to work on. I don't believe the smaller skulls were in there all that time, I added them later. But it did indeed take quite a bit of umphfff out of that one.
BUt like I said, it did recover, it's energy is just much softer and gentler now.
From all the crystals and skulls I have that was the only time.
I do always do the 80% thing, sometimes less like 70% or 60%, I use my intuition to feel.
Typically people give crystals that are indeed depleted back to mother Earth.
Old 30-08-2018, 07:49 AM
Guide

I'm sorry you had to go through that FairyCrystal. I'm glad you had crystals to help you. I've been in a rough spot myself mentally and physically (having had a very debilitating skin disease for the most part of my life. At that time I became very interested in the metaphysical aspect of crystals, even though I collected them way before that.
At that time my Lapis Lazuli was the only one that I regularly wore even though I tried out other stones. At the time I could not handle Rose Quartz, now I can.

I think that over the years I've become more sensitive to stones. I've noticed I can feel their effect (or not doing anything) very quickly by actually wearing them. I can notice shifts in how I feel and it's pretty consistent with the stones and crystals I have. If I use a Lapis I know I'll get that initial 'being home' vibe at first. Labradorite is a stone that I almost never pick but wearing it does wonders for me, making me feel more secure. I love earthy and grounding stones recently but they are still rather strong in feeling and I usually wear them just for a while when I need it. I don't want to miss my 'natural spacyness'. :P Thank you for sharing.

I've yet to discover gridding and programming. Something tells me I'm not ready for that. It's not yet on my path but it may be. Meanwhile I will keep collecting stones and crystals. I would never want to return to the pain and the suffering of the past but I am so glad I discovered what they can mean, bring and actually do. I would not want to have missed THAT :)
Old 01-09-2018, 06:12 AM
Experiencer
My wife says something similar to what Fairycrystal says. She says that crystals can amplify your emotions or vibe.... if it's positive or negative. She says she must be very careful to keep a good positive outlook with all the large crystals we have in our home. She says that if she get's depressed or sad the crystals can act as an amplifier and make this much worse.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:17 AM
Master
If your name is Nancy and people call you Alice, you might appear to these people as being 'mad' but in reality you are only irritated. I grew up picking and playing with Herkimer Diamonds. Unfortunately, a lot of the 'Herkimer Diamonds' do not come from Central New York but from China and sometimes Brazil.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:24 AM
Experiencer
I noticed you say " unfortunately " when it comes to these being available in Brazil and China. I assume you prefer to source from New York. Is this because of the quality, or are you just preferring to give business to Americans ? Just curious for your reason, either is perfectly acceptable answer, maybe it's neither.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
I noticed you say " unfortunately " when it comes to these being available in Brazil and China. I assume you prefer to source from New York. Is this because of the quality, or are you just preferring to give business to Americans ? Just curious for your reason, either is perfectly acceptable answer, maybe it's neither.

Herkimer Diamonds come from the greater area around Herkimer, NY. Yo make the claim a Quartz originating from China or Brazil is a Herkimer Diamond is a common practice but is also against the law to make such a claim.