Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Sindy

My love visited me last night.

Last night before I went to sleep I whispered the words "you left me baby" to my lover who passed three and a half years ago.
I had a very strange and vivid dream in the night in which he subtly appeared to tell me he was ok. I then awoke after this dream about 6am which is very strange because I never wake at this time. I could feel his energy next to me. It was very strange.
To all those who have lost someone and who are in deep pain like I was, please be reassured they are with you and all you have to do is ask and they will visit you if they can.
Old 18-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Administrator
Hey Sindy

What you say is correct out loved ones can and do visit after they have passed over, it usually comes in dreams if your not able to relax enough to see the signs they leave in waking hours,
it was nice for you to hear and feel him close to you again.

Namaste
Old 19-10-2012, 05:56 AM
coolchic101

What a nice experience you had! :-)
I know that loved ones do visit in dreams to confirm they are very much alive in spirit. There's too much evidence about it to be considered just a "theory".
I told my best friend that if anything happened to me, I would make sure I'd visit her in her dreams and she said the same thing. :-)
Old 19-10-2012, 06:29 AM
Master
when my first husband passed over.......i would wake in the morning still feeling his hands on my body....where he laid with me to comfort me in my grief....you know how it feels when someones arms are around you and where their hands rest on your body?.....that feeling....I sensed him regularly, and had many many visitations from him in dreams in those early times of his passing......i was very fortunate indeed........
Old 20-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Master

It's very very strange, the presence of one who has passed. After my father passed, I was aware of him so strongly, it hurt. He's faded now to a more manageable presence - it's lovely to know he will always be wiht me.

As you heal in your grief, may you be comforted by the knowledge that your lover is in a better place.
Old 21-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator
Sindy, this is a beautiful experience. I know, as I have experienced the same thing with the soul of my dog, whom I love very very much. These visits are so very true and real, for me, I can no longer speak of her in the past tense She is...she lives...though in another dimension. But love cannot die. Sometimes, she seems far away, sometimes she is near me. Our loved ones cannot always be with us as they have to adjust to the level they are now living on. But at times they come back and show us their loyalty and love.
It is wonderful to be shown they are OK, and to be given that comfort.
Your love and your prayers, and your thanks will always reach his Soul.
Old 21-10-2012, 04:38 AM
coolchic101

Experiences from the afterlife from me and my relatives:

1) My grandma told me that before she met my grandpa, she had a boyfriend who fought in World War 2. They never found his body. She said she dreamed about him to confirm that he had already passed and crossed over and he was wearing white. She said if a person is wearing white in your dreams, they have died.

2) My grandpa had a younger teenage brother who also fought in World War 2. They also could not find his body. He had a dream about his brother. His brother told him that he had passed and they would not be able to find his body but it did not matter because he had moved on in spirit.

3) I lost a baby during pregnancy. She came to me several times in my dreams after she passed. My son even communicates with his baby sister from time to time. He said she is growing up in Heaven and she looks like me. :-)
A good book to read about children who have died and their visits from the afterlife would be "Growing Up in Heaven" by James Van Praagh.

4) My father in law passed away from terminal illness. I had sent him distance healing while he was in the hospital. One day I could not feel the energy flow from my hands and in my mind's eye, he was standing up and smiling. I was concerned. I told my husband to call the hospital in which they confirmed that he had already passed.
Since we could not attend my father in law's funeral, my in-laws were in Europe and we live in the US, so we had financial difficulties to travel. We wanted to be involved with the funeral arrangements so we made a poem in memory of him. I wanted to know if the poem was read so that night after the funeral, I was falling asleep and my father in law came to me in my dream and he was smiling and holding up a piece of paper. The next day my in-laws confirmed in an email that the poem was read at his funeral and it was very poignant that my sister in law could not contain herself so brother in law had to read it. A few years later, I divorced my husband. I wrote a letter to my father in law in Heaven to inform him that I am no longer married to his son. Through automatic writing, my father in law responded back that he still considers me as his daughter in law because I am the mother of his grandson. The rest of his message was very loving and caring. It feels too real to be written off as wishful thinking or pure imagination.

5) My uncle passed away from smoking, alcohol abuse, and cancer. Through automatic writing he had informed me that he was earthbound for awhile. He did not feel worthy to move towards the light. He judged himself for the mistakes he made in life. Prayers from the relatives had helped him to make the decision to cross over. He said he is getting help on The Other Side.
I am so proud of him that he is making progress :-)
Old 21-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator
Coolchic -these are lovely experiences. Things like that do help with grieving and bring so much comfort to those loved ones still in Earth life.
Old 24-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchic101
5) My uncle passed away from smoking, alcohol abuse, and cancer. Through automatic writing he had informed me that he was earthbound for awhile. He did not feel worthy to move towards the light. He judged himself for the mistakes he made in life. Prayers from the relatives had helped him to make the decision to cross over. He said he is getting help on The Other Side.
I am so proud of him that he is making progress :-)

I do believe our own attitude to our so-called misdemeanours which may have endangered our lives, or weakened us, and also our emotional and mental condition, may have more bearing on our condition after "death". Any kind of guilt may play a part.
As -is it not true that a skydiver, hang glider, or downhill skiier, or mountaineer also put their own lives in danger, or even weaken themselves, physically and emotionally, by their interests, and the way in which they live their lives? Is that not equally as dangerous as some things such as smoking or drinking? Yet a smoker or drinker will have -apart from a weakened system -also some amount of guilt that they had "endangered themselves, and maybe caused their own death" But would a mountaineer? Even if they died as a result of their own actions (falling from a rock face etc) -when in effect, they had caused their own untimely (?) death.
Or there may be another factor, and that might be perhaps an initial depression which caused over-indulgence in substances. It might be the initial depression itself which resulted in some amount of adjustment necessary after "death". Whereas a person who lived close to the edge through their pursuit of dangerous sports may not have felt such depression, or may not feel any guilt at all.
I don't see much difference between the smoker/drinker, and the hang-glider, except perhaps the state of mind which induced the habit in the first place.