Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-02-2011, 03:12 AM
Baldr44

Ego-consciousness is necessary to your physical existence because it serves as a vehicle that affords you the opportunity to experience your physical life in the objective world. In contrast your soul or your Higher Mind does not require a physical experience to exist. The reason why your soul, the essence of you, does not necessarily need a physical experience is because thought occurs on the mental plane and anything desired is instantly realized. In other words, consciousness is not a bodily function nor is it in the form of an organ. Now, this statement lends itself to many a debate between metaphysics and the sciences because man is insistent in his attempts to find where in the physical body, i.e. the brain, consciousness exists. So far it has not been found to reside anywhere in or of the physical body, thus, it remains speculative in the eyes of many who seek to empirically prove that it does.

I am currently in the process of setting up my next incarnation as I have a certain desire in mind. My spiritual teacher said that if I give it intent then it will be. My subconscious will remember and put all into motion. I kind of see where you are coming from and I agree to a certain extent.
Old 22-02-2011, 03:56 AM
Master
Quote:
I am currently in the process of setting up my next incarnation as I have a certain desire in mind. My spiritual teacher said that if I give it intent then it will be. My subconscious will remember and put all into motion. I kind of see where you are coming from and I agree to a certain extent.

i guess i'm a "just surprise me" type of person so i'll trust the Universe to manifest the vibration from which "i" spring in the way most advantageous to the exploration of Selfhood via the human personality vehicle. besides, all the variation of selves that eternally manifest from my particular vibration might be occurring simultaneously in different timelines so it'd be pointless for me to make plans to be people who already have lives going on. lol

as for "where" consciousness resides? **shrug** consciousness seems to be an amorphous phenom, any sentient organic data gathering sensing devise will do (maybe even inorganic too, AI).
Old 22-02-2011, 08:16 AM
infamousjovian

Skepticism

Hey,

I am totally new to this forum, so I just wanna say hi to everyone :)

I have always been skeptical about the idea of reincarnation for one important reason: I strongly believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life. As a result, it seems unusual to me that we would be reincarnated to a Earthly animal.

With the universe being so unimaginably vast, what are the odds that you'll reincarnate into a being on Earth? It seems like the odds are almost zero.

What do you guys think?
Old 22-02-2011, 11:18 AM
SandybytheSea

Oh my, one goes away for a few weeks and comes back to all manner of strange posts.

OK, where do we start. The soul possessing the body? No, that's not even worth a comment.

I've done close to 1,000 regressions and I've heard the same reasons for incarnating over and over again from all manner of people - believers and skeptics alike.

Who chose this incarnation for you? I did, of course, with the help of my guides.

Why did you choose to be blind, disabled, whatever else? Because it was necessary for my soul evolution. Note: I rarely if ever hear the word "karma" - although I often hear the perfect scenario for a karmic situation, such as a person who in a previous life lacked compassion for their disabled child and then chose - I repeat CHOSE - to return as a disabled child in order to raise their consciousness by understanding what it's like to be a disabled child.

How often I hear (never in regressions, of course, only in places like forums and religious gatherings) how we are helpless and will-less, have no control over our incarnations or even the circumstances of our lives, how we are all victims of God's anger, or are hapless nobodies finding ourselves incarnated by a whim of the universe. What a great way to become totally powerless! Ain't my fault I'm fat boring lazy and ugly, it's God's fault.

Hi infamousjovian! I, too, am very much a believer (no, believer isn't the correct word, accepter is probably better) of alien life - and I have actually regressed quite a few people who have had lifetimes on other planets. What are the odds that you'll reincarnate on earth? About the same as reincarnating as a pleadian, a zeta reticulum, or on any other planet or dimension throughout the endless universe. Some souls may be having their first experience as a human (and I think we all know at least a few of those, lol), while some just prefer earth. I've heard earth is actually one of the most difficult incarnations, and it's a brave soul who chooses it - so everyone take a bow!

Old 22-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Oh my, one goes away for a few weeks and comes back to all manner of strange posts.

lol yeah, the place just goes all to hell without your presence.

Quote:
OK, where do we start. The soul possessing the body? No, that's not even worth a comment.

um ... since we are not our spacesuits what else does a soul do when inhabiting a body?

Quote:
I've done close to 1,000 regressions and I've heard the same reasons for incarnating over and over again from all manner of people - believers and skeptics alike.

or you and your subjects tap into the human collective unconscious and pull up genetic memories from which we all draw knowledge.

Quote:
Why did you choose to be blind, disabled, whatever else? Because it was necessary for my soul evolution. Note: I rarely if ever hear the word "karma" - although I often hear the perfect scenario for a karmic situation, such as a person who in a previous life lacked compassion for their disabled child and then chose - I repeat CHOSE - to return as a disabled child in order to raise their consciousness by understanding what it's like to be a disabled child.

well, that was generous and selfless of you but there have been countless disabled children born and thier experiences are available via the collective unconscious. the method of learning you're employing guarentees the need for an endless supply of misery since everyOne would have to experience every form of misery in order to understand each specific misery and feel compassion.

Quote:
How often I hear (never in regressions, of course, only in places like forums and religious gatherings) how we are helpless and will-less, have no control over our incarnations or even the circumstances of our lives, how we are all victims of God's anger, or are hapless nobodies finding ourselves incarnated by a whim of the universe. What a great way to become totally powerless! Ain't my fault I'm fat boring lazy and ugly, it's God's fault.

lol do you really believe you have control over the Universe? that you can dictate all the details and successive events that would need to be enacted just so you can have the specific life experience you've decided you want? and no one said anything about a god's wrath or a god's fault or having no control or choice within the context of a life. only that the vibration from which consciousness manifests is an eternal constant and who or what manifests from It is not your choice, any more than it's the choice of a red winged black bird to manifest as a red winged black bird. do you create the core energy from which you manifests?

i'm not sure about "aliens" but any group of beings with whom we can relate and communicate can't be very "alien". a truly alien being would be one that is so far outside our ken that we can't relate to it or communicate with it.
Old 22-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Baldr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandybytheSea

Who chose this incarnation for you? I did, of course, with the help of my guides.

Hi infamousjovian! I, too, am very much a believer (no, believer isn't the correct word, accepter is probably better) of alien life - and I have actually regressed quite a few people who have had lifetimes on other planets. What are the odds that you'll reincarnate on earth? About the same as reincarnating as a pleadian, a zeta reticulum, or on any other planet or dimension throughout the endless universe. Some souls may be having their first experience as a human (and I think we all know at least a few of those, lol), while some just prefer earth. I've heard earth is actually one of the most difficult incarnations, and it's a brave soul who chooses it - so everyone take a bow!

Thanks for the confirmation. Another of the many who believe that we have a choice. Not by accident. You are correct about earth and being difficult. As my spirit teacher tells me and my guide agrees, humans are the lowest evolved species in the universe, hence the difficulties. My choice is to be a surgeon in my next incarnation and I'm now placing thought and intention into that. Its better going into the next life with intent and not just taking whatever. However if you just want whatever, ok done. I was a teacher in my first life and have been a teacher in this one. My next life will be a teaching surgeon (highly regarded I might add).

Part of everyones life experience here on earth is to help our fellow man in some manner. The rub is a lack of intent. You can pick out those who have intent over those who are in it for themselves. Thats ok too as it all counts toward an experience. The idea is to have experience's and hopefully learn from them. Thus moving toward becoming one with the Source.
Thanks again
In Love and Light
Old 22-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Master
belief by many doesn't nessecarily constitute truth. that's called "the populist fallacy". many people believed the Sun revolved around the Earth but their belief didn't make it so.

but hey! if disbelieving in "victimhood" make you feel more in control then go for it. if believing that victims choose to be victims and are therefore karmically responsible for their misery helps relieve the guilt you, as an empathic person, might feel due to your inability to prevent pain in the world then by all means believe victims choose to be victims and negate the concept of victimhood entirely. not sure where that belief system puts the triumphant victimizers except they have the honor of being the deliverers of painful karma on those who choose to be victims.

i , however, can not believe that a 3 year toddler asks, pre-birth, to have her innocence destroyed by a pedofile or that a group of folks collectively decided, pre-birth, that it would be advantageous to be blown into bloody chunks by some random bomb dropping on their house or that a soul being born in drought devastated Sudan wanted to live for an agonizing month slowly dying of starvation and dehydration. i prefer to believe in innocence even if that means i must admit i'm not in control of the Universe..
Old 22-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
The word Reincarnation means to make new again.

It is said to be when the Soul leaves the body and is freed at the time of death of the physical body to come forth again to a new body. When one dies from the physical body I feel that the Soul is what goes to the Light to be re born or to come to a new body for more in the body learning’s and experiences. That said I do wonder on having a choice where we come to or that we might or might not want to come back.

Do we have a choice on where we come back to ?

Do we have a choice to maybe NOT come back ?

Lynn

Lynn

In my personal opinion I don't really think so.. I think the only reason why we reincarnate because we missed lessons.. We are really stubborn people... it's almost like failing a grade (i.e. 5th grade).. I think once we truly have learned and reached the highest level then we are able to be Angels or Spirit Guides in Heaven with an opportunity to teach on Earth.. Depending on what we are assigned to do but, these are just my thoughts on it..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 22-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Baldr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
belief by many doesn't nessecarily constitute truth. that's called "the populist fallacy". many people believed the Sun revolved around the Earth but their belief didn't make it so.

but hey! if disbelieving in "victimhood" make you feel more in control then go for it. if believing that victims choose to be victims and are therefore karmically responsible for their misery helps relieve the guilt you, as an empathic person, might feel due to your inability to prevent pain in the world then by all means believe victims choose to be victims and negate the concept of victimhood entirely. not sure where that belief system puts the triumphant victimizers except they have the honor of being the deliverers of painful karma on those who choose to be victims.

i , however, can not believe that a 3 year toddler asks, pre-birth, to have her innocence destroyed by a pedofile or that a group of folks collectively decided, pre-birth, that it would be advantageous to be blown into bloody chunks by some random bomb dropping on their house or that a soul being born in drought devastated Sudan wanted to live for an agonizing month slowly dying of starvation and dehydration. i prefer to believe in innocence even if that means i must admit i'm not in control of the Universe..

Oh boy, sorry about that. I have no desire to put you or your belief down. However you are doing a fine job on mine. Too much the zellot for me. Everyone believes in something, I believe I'll bow out of this, too much.
Old 22-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldr44
Oh boy, sorry about that. I have no desire to put you or your belief down. However you are doing a fine job on mine. Too much the zellot for me. Everyone believes in something, I believe I'll bow out of this, too much.

sorry about what? you didn't put my beliefs down. and i didn't put your beliefs down either. disagreeing is not a "put down". and offering my perspective and why i have the perspective i do indicates i'm a zealot?
though you have the support of the much touted "many people" who share your beliefs you run into one person on a thread that doesn't "buy" into your system and it's just "too much" so you must bow out of the thread? gee, sorry but how could i have known you are so delicate that the least little challenge to your spiritual dogma or a minor suggestion that the Universe might operate in ways other than how you want It to would cause you such distress.