Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-12-2018, 10:58 PM
Administrator
There is no need for time in the spirit world. time is only for the living,
we are ruled by time here by what time you go to work ,school etc,
this is a question asked a lot by people who are hoping to hear from a lost loved one.why do some have signs from spirit but others are left waiting.
what we may think a day is a long time it may only be seconds to spirit

Namaste
Old 18-12-2018, 10:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi Convolution. Linear time is a concept invented by humans. In reality, time is relative to your position in space. Time seems to exist for us because a human being has a memory. If you didn't have a memory, each new event would erase the last, and that would mean there would be no PAST for you. And if there was no past for you, then the FUTURE could not exist for you as well. As you know, I experienced a core NDE in 2006. Throughout my NDE, although I had entered a realm where the clocks don't tick, the sense of time existed for me. Things happened sequentially during my NDE, and I have retained memories of sequential events that happened during my NDE. And, during my NDE, I retained memories from my past. After death, time becomes a subjective thing, not a linear thing, as constructed by the minds of people on earth.
Old 18-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Master
In our material realm, we have spacetime and time passes in a linear fashion. We experience it from moment to moment and if we have the ability to recall, we remember things past (more or less). That's why writing was such a step forward for civilization, for all the biases inherent in any author...it allowed us to transcend our mortality a bit and extend our personal histories to encompass collective experiences.

Outside of the material realm, including in our realm of consciousness which is everywhere and available at all times, we are not bound by linear time.

There is no future in our material realm, with its linear time. There is this moment and past moments. That allows for free will, ownership, and growth. The future is not known but rather exists only as probabilities not yet manifest or expressed...and we must take decisions at each moment to manifest the future into the now.

Outside this material realm, in the realm of consciousness, we are outside of time. When we gain a better sense of our timelessness and our eternal consciousness, then we can (hopefully) take better decisions in the moment, guided by our centres, where we live in that place of timelessness whilst in the body. In this way, we can begin to experience the richness and the love of the timeless One whilst here on earth.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 18-12-2018, 07:21 PM
Master
I doubt they have a concept of time and if they do it won't be like ours. What's more.. I think that what and whom we will see in the ''afterlife'' will be very illusory. We may meet people there but in fact they are already reincarnated again, but 'God' is capable of giving us what we desire at that moment. I am not at all looking forward to that, but I have a very strong sense that it will play out like that, with a lot of illusions, well wishes, and comfort that really is still illusory. I do not believe any 'person' is ''waiting''.. it's just a piece of their 'consciousness' or our memory made form. Also, think about how people will look, we may look 'young' because we want to, but to others we may look older or very different than how we perceive ourselves. This shows clearly that it's illusion.
Old 18-12-2018, 07:36 PM
Master
Quote:
I think that what and whom we will see in the ''afterlife'' will be very illusory. We may meet people there but in fact they are already reincarnated again, but 'God' is capable of giving us what we desire at that moment. I am not at all looking forward to that, but I have a very strong sense that it will play out like that, with a lot of illusions, well wishes, and comfort that really is still illusory..

Hahaha...well don't linger in that place then!

After all, it's true that when your broken places and regrets and fences need mending, you'll always be able to reach out to those folks in spirit for love and support and insight. And that is not illusory.

But to truly bring healing to situations created whilst in the body, you'll find healing and repairing these bonds whilst in the body to be far more lasting and resonant, as these imprints are grounded in wisdom available to us on many levels of spirituality, including the physical levels, across our different lifetimes.

So...don't waste your precious time here in the flesh, especially once you are in a place of forgiveness or contrition, or both

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 18-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hahaha...well don't linger in that place then! After all, it's true that when your broken places and regrets and fences need mending, you'll always be able to reach out to those folks in spirit for love and support and insight. And that is not illusory.

But to truly bring healing to situations created whilst in the body, you'll find healing and repairing these bonds whilst in the body to be far more lasting and resonant, as these imprints are grounded in wisdom available to us on many levels of spirituality, including the physical levels, across our different lifetimes.

So...don't waste your precious time here in the flesh, especially once you are in a place of forgiveness or contrition, or both

Peace & blessings
7L
I'm not thinking about this world, but the other side. There doesn't seem to be much point in sitting idle in some afterlife resort, seeing illusory examples of the ones we love, getting pampered, and then be told to ''go back, you got things to work out''. And do people seriously believe that there will be angels all over the place feeding you with grapes and healing your wounds..?
And to return after all of that would be torture actually, and would make for a fine movie script. It won't be fun for the one that undergoes it. It's like waking up from the best dream you can have and then realizing you woke up in a nightmare again, but that’s what an afterlife with having niceties followed by incarnation exactly points towards.
Old 18-12-2018, 11:01 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I believe that souls evolve by developing and mastering, sequentially with some overlapping, through instincts, emotions, intellect, intuition. Humans mostly learned to master instincts, are now working on mastering emotions, developed some intellect, and only scratch the surface of intuition.

Also, there is the duality of the human mind: conscious vs. subconscious.

Dreams (including most of lucid dreaming / out-of-body / astral projection) are projections (focus of attention into consciousness) onto the imagination plane, which isn't the same as the afterlife plane.
OK, so this could explain some separation between animals and humans. So you think that when people refer to the evolution of souls, that they are literally working through these difficulties and challenges of the evolution of the body, from instincts through to intuition. This would imply then, that the purpose of every body wpuld be to evolve through those steps as well, but many species may be locked and prevented from ever getting to certain biological achievements. What then happens to those souls/spirits? They must make a leap to another species?
What would come after intuition?
What is the conscious vs the subconscious?
Old 19-12-2018, 10:47 PM
Knower
Smile

On the subject matter : "time in the afterlife"

For as far as this thread has gone making reference to chronological time, I'm a bit surprised that no one has referenced "kairos". So I guess that I will make this contribution :

Wikipedia defines kairos as an ancient Greek word meaning the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment).

In biblical references, kairos is also referred to as "God's time".
(In the New Testament kairos means "the appointed time in the purpose of God", the time when God acts ~ e.g. Mark 1.15, the kairos is fulfilled).

While chronological time; i.e.: "sequential" time has to be interpreted in a "quantitative" way, kairos actually is more accurately referenced as "qualitative".

Now, when the reader realizes that our normal standard of time has to do with : "having enough of it", "how much of it does it take", "where it starts from" , or, where "it ends" (for any given event that we associate it to), by comparison, kairotic "time" has more to do with intensities of sensation.

In contemplating this, the reader may begin to comprehend how kairos relates to those who dwell in the "subtle dimensions" of reality. They haven't a need for linearity when existing within an "eternal now" (even as we do, but we can't grasp all of the abstractions of the concept) - their existence has more to do with intensities and how well they can "project" to us during "spirit to flesh" communications & visa-versa).

I have formulated a hypothesis on how all of us (including incarnate & disincarnate alike), are interconnected within the infinite realm that encompasses all of reality (both subtle & conspicuous) - it has practically been a life time work for me - and have included considerations for how we relate to chronos or kairos in any given expression. The reader might be amused, intrigued , or even appalled at how I address the topic - but I do invite you all to see my short essay on the matter of kairos and chronos at this link :

https://heaventology.weebly.com/part...s--kronos.html

Just read it with the understanding that it is a concept - like virtually every other human being must work with in our symbol oriented existence. It might enlighten you.

... or, it might just be a waste of "time". You decide.
Old 20-12-2018, 06:08 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Viskey
On the subject matter : "time in the afterlife"

For as far as this thread has gone making reference to chronological time, I'm a bit surprised that no one has referenced "kairos". So I guess that I will make this contribution :

Wikipedia defines kairos as an ancient Greek word meaning the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment).

In biblical references, kairos is also referred to as "God's time".
(In the New Testament kairos means "the appointed time in the purpose of God", the time when God acts ~ e.g. Mark 1.15, the kairos is fulfilled).

While chronological time; i.e.: "sequential" time has to be interpreted in a "quantitative" way, kairos actually is more accurately referenced as "qualitative".

Now, when the reader realizes that our normal standard of time has to do with : "having enough of it", "how much of it does it take", "where it starts from" , or, where "it ends" (for any given event that we associate it to), by comparison, kairotic "time" has more to do with intensities of sensation.

In contemplating this, the reader may begin to comprehend how kairos relates to those who dwell in the "subtle dimensions" of reality. They haven't a need for linearity when existing within an "eternal now" (even as we do, but we can't grasp all of the abstractions of the concept) - their existence has more to do with intensities and how well they can "project" to us during "spirit to flesh" communications & visa-versa).

I have formulated a hypothesis on how all of us (including incarnate & disincarnate alike), are interconnected within the infinite realm that encompasses all of reality (both subtle & conspicuous) - it has practically been a life time work for me - and have included considerations for how we relate to chronos or kairos in any given expression. The reader might be amused, intrigued , or even appalled at how I address the topic - but I do invite you all to see my short essay on the matter of kairos and chronos at this link :

https://heaventology.weebly.com/part...s--kronos.html

Just read it with the understanding that it is a concept - like virtually every other human being must work with in our symbol oriented existence. It might enlighten you.

... or, it might just be a waste of "time". You decide.
It still seems linearity is needed, if anything is to be accomplished. Even if one is able to split one's attention to do multiple things at once, there must be that which you are doing now, and what that now transforms into on the sequence of now events.
For there to be evolution or results, or anything of any kind, there must be a sequence of action->consequence events and memory. That allows for meaning. Without that linear sequence, you have nothing.
I think when people talk to time not existing in an afterlife, they are simply referring to, perhaps, our understanding expanding to the obvious: that past and future are always illusions, and free will can only ever act in the eternal now. It might just be much more obvious "over there", without the many obvious cyclical events and the idea of beginning-end which we have on our material reality.
Old 20-12-2018, 07:22 PM
Knower
Quote:
... there must be that which you are doing now, and what that now transforms into on the sequence of now events.
In my view : The "sequence of now events" that you speak of are actually called "frames of reference". Like a deck of cards, all these frames of reference can be stacked, one upon the next one. That whole stack, when viewed from our mortal perspective, is considered as your sequence of events. You shuffle the deck and you get any multitude of combinations, but when you square the deck up again, "nice and tidy", you still have one sequence of events in the stack. It happens no matter how you shuffle - a multitude of configurations, but only one sequence of events in total. The composition of that deck is all of your frames of reference whether "real" or "potential".

When we communicate with someone whom we give a certain amount of authority to (when trusting their opinion), or our higher self, or someone that we perceive as an "external" entity, this entity is someone "outside" of our own "personal conscious system" - though we are giving them our trust (for an answer or what not). Although that entity is right there being seen, felt or heard, is - at that time - sharing one specific frame of reference that you both "happen" to be aware of.

If you pay closer attention, you might realize that that entity's frame of reference & your own frame differ - ever so slightly. They're standing there with a different appearance, mass, opinions, etc., but you are currently sharing a "joining of minds" simply because you are in the "presence of each other". That event might easily appear to be a result of your own scheduling or arrangements, but in reality, it could have just as easily been made kairotically; acausally (i.e.: related by meaning rather than causation) - you wanted to know something & the "forces that be" caught wind of it.

Quote:
there must be a sequence of action->consequence events and memory. That allows for meaning. Without that linear sequence, you have nothing.

Action doesn't necessarily have to be from a "sequence" of events - it can also be something "initiated" at a whim.

Consequence might appear as a "result" - but it can also be "all that is left over" after "every other matter of opinion" is removed from the equation.

Memory is only the ingrained "imprint" after we have accepted that there may be "no more contributing factors" to an event experienced.

Quote:
...that past and future are always illusions, and free will can only ever act in the eternal now.
So if you consider my first example (the deck of cards) - look at them as if they are all "transparent", resting in the stack now. What do you have ? You have multiple frames of reference with no distinction between what is at the top of the deck, in its middle, or at the bottom - the illusion is with "which card you want to isolate from the rest of the stack." The stack is still all there. You're just being selective about any given event - That which you select is now the current state of "now".