Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 19-05-2019, 05:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Ok.

These 'kids' are what are locked inside you, the pure spontaneous natural and emotional part of you, like how you felt when you were very young. This part of you has been put away in the deepest recesses of yourself by this practice of disengaging from your pain and feelings and walking away from them and ignoring them.

A dream like this is a call from the subconscious to try and get your attention, to remind you that this part of you still exists, and that it needs to escape the deep place within you that you have locked it. This child-like nature is released by giving it attention and nurturing it, like if you came across a child in the real world who had been locked in a cold dark place, you would hold it and warm it and nurture it and listen to how it feels about its experience. The dream is showing you what you need to do, that is, release this aspect of yourself from the dungeon deep within you.

You'll never be fully you if you don't integrate all the parts of yourself.

If you listen to your dreams you'll find that they're all telling you a story about the truth within you that you're not currently consciously aware of. Of course it's up to you whether you listen, or whether you stay with disidentification.
I think you're right.
Maybe some people have to face their past,in order to be free in the now.
I know what i have to do,but i'm afraid to recognize and accept my dark side.

On the other hand,the ''now'' eliminates all fears,so at least you can act from the core of your beeing,without roles and hesitation.
I choose not to carry past bagages with me all day long.
Why to do that?
Is there any reason?
Is it going to help me?
Old 19-05-2019, 08:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
I think you're right.
Maybe some people have to face their past,in order to be free in the now.
I know what i have to do,but i'm afraid to recognize and accept my dark side.

On the other hand,the ''now'' eliminates all fears,so at least you can act from the core of your beeing,without roles and hesitation.
I choose not to carry past bagages with me all day long.
Why to do that?
Is there any reason?
Is it going to help me?

There's not a moment you're not carrying your past baggage, all you can do is choose to ignore it any point in time. The parts of you that are locked in the dungeon remain in the dungeon 24/7. They're still there when you look away. There's a deep sadness in you that you simply prefer not to hear, because it hurts too much to listen, that's all.
Old 19-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by It Is
Initially I wasn't drawn to Eckhart's teaching for some reason. Maybe because I misinterpreted the message as avoiding thinking about past/future - when actually it's more about being present and accepting of everything that's happening both internally and externally.

Here's an interesting thing, the teacher himself doesn't accept everything that's happening both internally and externally:

Quote:
I almost touched on unhappiness again at that point. I had to bring myself back to the present moment. It was like the mind tugging on my sleeve and saying, “Come this way towards unhappiness.” And I had to say, “No, I’m not going there.”

All the talk is just grand words, he can't even do it himself, because 'that way there be unhappiness', and he don't want that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It Is
There are many other teachers that speak of the value of non-resistance to *what is* too.

Anyway, lately I've been watching a few of his youtube videos and I must say I've really been enjoying his subtle humor and wise words. I do believe he's genuinely enlightened but such near-instant awakenings are obviously extremely rare.

Hard to say how many have been helped by his teachings - and to what degree, but his wife Kim Eng seems like a powerful testimony.
Old 19-05-2019, 08:35 AM
Master
django you have a point and i agree with what you wrote.
Problem is that i can't change the past,but i feel i have a choice in the now.
Old 19-05-2019, 08:42 AM
Master
All problems are illusions of the mind. - Tolle

Tell that to this boy

or recognise that it's middle class twaddle.
Old 19-05-2019, 09:28 AM
Master
Quote:

Exactly, we cannot change the past only learn from it. The past are just memories that we carry around with us until we choose to drop them and live in the present moment because that's all we have in reality.
Old 19-05-2019, 09:40 AM
Master
Quote:
All problems are illusions of the mind. - Tolle

Tell that to this boy

or recognise that it's middle class twaddle.

You seem to search for and read a lot of ' middle class twaddle '.

You can't teach a young starving child that problems are " illusions of the mind ". From what I have seen, his Audiences and Teachings are focused on Adults.

I am sure he has helped some to be more aware and compassionate towards the Starving in our world and that has to be a good thing not something to mock.

I totally agree with him that problems are " Illusions of the mind ".
Old 19-05-2019, 10:05 AM
Master
Quote:

No you can't change the past, but you can care for what was hurt in you. In a way this does change the past anyway, because the hurt can be healed.
Old 19-05-2019, 11:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Here's an interesting thing, the teacher himself doesn't accept everything that's happening both internally and externally:

"All the talk is just grand words, he can't even do it himself, because 'that way there be unhappiness', and he don't want that.
:

You picked a relevant part above to highlight because he's actually talking about 'Before ' his realizations. not after

"So it took a few years before I readily realized, “This is not where I am meant to be.” I almost touched on unhappiness again at that point. I had to bring myself back to the present moment. It was like the mind tugging on my sleeve and saying, “Come this way towards unhappiness.” And I had to say, “No, I’m not going there.”
The Awakening of Eckhart Tolle

You only Quoted part of what he said and missed out the important ' Before I readily realized '
Old 19-05-2019, 11:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
:

You picked a relevant part above to highlight because he's actually talking about 'Before ' his realizations. not after

"So it took a few years before I readily realized, “This is not where I am meant to be.” I almost touched on unhappiness again at that point. I had to bring myself back to the present moment. It was like the mind tugging on my sleeve and saying, “Come this way towards unhappiness.” And I had to say, “No, I’m not going there.”
The Awakening of Eckhart Tolle.

one time when I was unhappy I was closer to the present moment than I had ever experienced when I was happy. Shrugs.
Closed Thread