Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 04-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Boldylocks

Thanks Amythest!-- will be heading over there!

ps.. do any of you UK folk live in Northumberland, Ireland? I just saw an excellent 3 part movie filmed over there titled "The Dwelling Place" -- the setting takes place in the turn of the century. The area filmed has beautiful hilly landscapes dotted with heather , rocks and field grasses. Wild areas like that NEED to be preserved . It's not just about the rabbits, but the need to keep intact what remaining ecosystems and prairie lands still remaining for the good of all life- including human life.
Our short-sighted greedy corporations and land developers could care less about that. There needs to be some sort of regulations and restraint placed on these developers, gas drillers, and corporations who only see dollar signs and will sacrifice true value just to line their pockets.

In the United States we have a problem with our big energy corporations as well- In the 1920's up to the 1970's, in Pennsylvania, the coal corporations had totally NO restraint whatsoever and dug deeper than they should have, creating areas that are still caving in to this day. Also, the coal mining totallly corrupted the ground water and the land is permanently scarred forever-- (or at least until the end of mankind's "reign" on this Earth). Now they are blowing up precious Appalachian mountain topsin our Southern States and re-scarring the land again just to get about 2 -3 years worth of short term coal. The gas drilling in the remaining areas is even indirectly causing more earthquakes in areas normally earthquake free-and even though the gas companies brag about how "safe" thier procedures are, ground water is still being contaminated . Parts of Texas are experiencing record breaking drought- and that is mostly due to the gas drilling that has been going on over there for years. OF course, those in charge will deny that is the reason because big Energy lines the politicians pockets and the politicians and energy companies are united with each other in thier agendas.

Land developers in the US are also pathetic- there is no true need for constant wild land grabbing. Even with overpopulation, families can still restore existing old empty homes instead of taking over fresh wildlife habitat.
Old 14-02-2012, 03:21 AM
grim789

I wish i lived in the UK to help you save the forest. That is so sad it really makes me sick how much our society seems to not care for earth. I think to often people forget we live WITH nature not ON it. Im truly sorry to hear that those sick people are even considering doing this. I mean havent they destroyed enough? I hope this petition does well so that the forest will be saved.
Old 13-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim789
I wish i lived in the UK to help you save the forest. That is so sad it really makes me sick how much our society seems to not care for earth. I think to often people forget we live WITH nature not ON it. Im truly sorry to hear that those sick people are even considering doing this. I mean havent they destroyed enough? I hope this petition does well so that the forest will be saved.

Hi grim789

Thanks for your response.

And bless your heart!

UK postcodes can easily be obtained from the internet to sign some of these petitions.

Here’s one for Forest Road, Nottingham (LOL)

NG17 9BJ.

The trees don’t belong to the UK, but to Mother Earth – so everyone who wants to should be able to sign.

Blows raspberry!

Blessings, Amethyst x
Old 13-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldylocks
Thanks Amythest!-- will be heading over there!

ps.. do any of you UK folk live in Northumberland, Ireland? I just saw an excellent 3 part movie filmed over there titled "The Dwelling Place" -- the setting takes place in the turn of the century. The area filmed has beautiful hilly landscapes dotted with heather , rocks and field grasses. Wild areas like that NEED to be preserved . It's not just about the rabbits, but the need to keep intact what remaining ecosystems and prairie lands still remaining for the good of all life- including human life.
Our short-sighted greedy corporations and land developers could care less about that. There needs to be some sort of regulations and restraint placed on these developers, gas drillers, and corporations who only see dollar signs and will sacrifice true value just to line their pockets.

In the United States we have a problem with our big energy corporations as well- In the 1920's up to the 1970's, in Pennsylvania, the coal corporations had totally NO restraint whatsoever and dug deeper than they should have, creating areas that are still caving in to this day. Also, the coal mining totallly corrupted the ground water and the land is permanently scarred forever-- (or at least until the end of mankind's "reign" on this Earth). Now they are blowing up precious Appalachian mountain topsin our Southern States and re-scarring the land again just to get about 2 -3 years worth of short term coal. The gas drilling in the remaining areas is even indirectly causing more earthquakes in areas normally earthquake free-and even though the gas companies brag about how "safe" thier procedures are, ground water is still being contaminated . Parts of Texas are experiencing record breaking drought- and that is mostly due to the gas drilling that has been going on over there for years. OF course, those in charge will deny that is the reason because big Energy lines the politicians pockets and the politicians and energy companies are united with each other in thier agendas.

Land developers in the US are also pathetic- there is no true need for constant wild land grabbing. Even with overpopulation, families can still restore existing old empty homes instead of taking over fresh wildlife habitat.

Hi Boldy my friend

Hug for always caring too. xxx

Not heard of that film. Re. the damage us humans do, I found what Sparrow had to say in one of his threads of great interest:

Are Any Natural Disasters A Result Of Mankind’s Wrongdoings?

There is no such thing as a natural disaster. If it is a disaster, then it cannot then be considered natural in any way.

It is true that the Earth itself goes through many periodic shifts and cycles. The structure of the Earth's inner core is constantly moving and changing from its own dynamic momentum.

The Earth also has cycles in relationship to its sun. It is, at this current time, once again tilting its axis in a sort of wobbling motion.

The weather conditions are the combination of different regional conditions which are colliding together in Earth's atmosphere, which causes dramatic local conditions within different regions of its surface. At the same time you have the alarming multiplication of human beings upon the Earth which are absorbing much of the Earth's natural resources to accommodate the growing population.

You have human beings decapitating the harmonic resource of the forests which Earth relies upon to maintain life support upon its surface, and within its core.

You have human beings which hunt and slaughter life forms for profit and pleasure, which upsets the food chain and creates massive chain reactions on a global scale.

You have biochemical pollutants being allowed to freely contaminate and kill the inherent living cells within seas and oceans which changes the very vibrational consistency of water, rain and cloud - not to mention the protective atmosphere.

You have human beings drilling into the Earth's crust which creates cracks and underground crevasses many hundreds of miles away.

You have state wide, country-sized haze of consciousness which hover above and around cities, towns and villages like a mushroom cloud of toxic gas. The list goes on.

There is little humanity can do in terms of changing the natural cycles of Earth.

However they can better predict and prevent the loss of many lives by investing in technology which detects and familiarises itself with such cycles and movements.

How one event elsewhere on the planet invokes an event elsewhere on the other side of the planet. How severe weather conditions manifest as a result of mutating/clashing smaller weather conditions from different global regions.

Humanity can better protect itself in many respects by planting billions of more trees and other plantations.

The existence of which would allow the bio-structure and eco-structure of Earth to absorb most of the harmful effects of different events.

Humanity also needs, urgently, to save and rescue its water purification levels, as it is the oceans which has the utmost influence on the majority of factors. Both for the atmospheric defence system of the Earth, and for the sustainability of life upon its surface, and within the oceans itself.

Also noting that the many chemicals being pumped into the oceans are being harvested into very toxic gasses in the atmosphere via heat from the sun. Such toxins are then being freely distributed over cities and towns around the world, breathed in through the skin, lungs and within food resources.

This ultimately leading to cell mutation and disease.

People have a voice, yet they bow down to their regional governments and simply accept what they are given and told is best for them.

It is up to each individual to step forward, unite as a civilisation, within cities, towns and villages and form a voice to be reckoned with.

A voice that no government dare repress.

A voice that no greedy corporation can hide under the rug or manipulate with wealth.

Such inhuman atrocities are taking place around the world simply because communities are not banding together and creating a voice for themselves to not only invoke, but demand change.

Do not let wealthy corporations lead your country, lead your country by the foundation of love and respect and the power of communication.

Communication and information circulation is your most powerful tool at the moment. Through this awareness is raised.

When enough people become so intolerant to the atrocities of ignorance and selfishness a new voice will form and lead humanity into a new era.

- SPARROW.