Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Closed Thread

Old 21-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Heimlichkeit

Killing insects

Ok, so lately I've felt it necessary to be killing insects, typically in my kitchen because they seem to be unable to walk due to a leg being damaged so they just walk in circles, or show obvious signs of being crippled so I feel the right thing to do is finish them. Being as I'm not sure whether this is good or bad karma, I was wondering if there's an appropriate prayer or something to acknowledge that I'm not doing this for entertainment.

Appreciate all feedback, thanks guys.
Old 21-09-2013, 07:34 PM
livingkarma

I don't consider this issue in need of any type of spiritualism just one of practical sense for our health & well being ...
We all know insects carry disease - we need to protect our human body from any possiblity of contracting them ...
In NM, we're experienced many deaths due to Lyme disease from ticks & hantavirus from rodent urine, feces & saliva ...
You bet I'll kill them w/out a second thought crippled or not ...
Old 21-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Master

The all-important thing in everything is motive.

In this case you are acting with a pure heart, to release something from injury that cannot be healed and from suffering. There is no 'bad karma' in that.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 21-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator
Heimlichkeit, I do the same things. If I see any creature which is beyond help, I will finish it. But sometimes I have noticed some creatures can survive and do well even if they lose a leg or more. I once saw a 4-legged spider, which seemed well.
Old 22-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Suspended
If you see a human with a missing leg, do you feel "it is right" to finish them?

"We all know insects carry disease" is a mantra we have been brought up with. Have you any idea what diseases we, as humans, carry? Have you even thought of that?

The little creatures get a bad rap because they are little and don't look cute or fluffy.
Old 22-09-2013, 03:58 AM
Heimlichkeit

Well when I see a crippled insect constantly flipping over onto it's back, and just spinning in circles when it tries to move, it's either time to put it down or let it die slowly of starvation.
Old 22-09-2013, 05:52 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
"We all know insects carry disease" is a mantra we have been brought up with. Have you any idea what diseases we, as humans, carry? Have you even thought of that?.

Personally, I can't believe you asked those questions ...
If you read my reply I stated "ticks & rodents" ...
If forgot to address insects ...
Which by the way, I would place the insect outside in the garden w/the hope that Mother Nature will take its course whether death or healing ...
Insect = butterfly, dragonfly, moth, praying mantis, grasshopper, cricket - nothing else I can think of at the moment ...
Cockroaches, black widow, wolf spider, scorpion - definitely a swift death ...

BTW, I practice proper hygiene ...
People do not spit, defecate or urinate on my dishes, in my kitchen or pantry, on me or my family - only in the toilet as civilized people do ...
I have never witnessed insects or rodents wash before entering my home or when coming into contact w/people ...
I also have monthly medical check ups for my diabetes which by the way is not a transmissible disease ...
If you would like to take your chances w/diseases transmitted by bugs or rodents that is your call ...
There is no karma debt for doing it but possibly consequences ...
Old 22-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
If you see a human with a missing leg, do you feel "it is right" to finish them?

"We all know insects carry disease" is a mantra we have been brought up with. Have you any idea what diseases we, as humans, carry? Have you even thought of that?

The little creatures get a bad rap because they are little and don't look cute or fluffy.

A fine post, dear Squatchit. Well said.

Old 22-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Heimlichkeit, I do the same things. If I see any creature which is beyond help, I will finish it. But sometimes I have noticed some creatures can survive and do well even if they lose a leg or more. I once saw a 4-legged spider, which seemed well.

And that is the pivotal issue. Where there is injury, perhaps I should have said 'hopeless injury', then depending on the heart motive, releasing it is an act of mercy and love.

All creatures, great or tiny, are in our care and we should do right by them, as we should with our own kind.

Old 26-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Master

We have a lot of black widow and brown recluse spiders and when I see one I kill it. Period. No discussion about disease. These spiders can and will bite and one cause serious illness and other kill.

Occasionally I bring in a stray ant. Mostly I wash them down the drain with an apology. If I put them back outside they would probably perish because if they can't find a scented trail back to their home they will not survive.

I do see living insects as beings but enough is enough. I have ducks and do you think they apologize when they see an insect before consuming it? Are they building up negative karma? I think not. If I put an occasional insect outside, they take their chances with nature and with my ducks anyway.

Though I feel bad for insects that I can't release I have to be practical.
Closed Thread