Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 14-09-2019, 07:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
My phone is not liking the format of this website lol. Either way for the third time LOL I was attempting to say was that it doesn't matter the intelligence level of the person because brainwashing can get the best of us I remember researching biblical stuff and confirming to myself my beliefs were accurate not once feeling like I was stretching the truth or letting my imagination get the best of me but now that I'm on the other side I was like holy s*** I was blind as a bat?! And I see it happened to family friends and the scary thing is there is nothing you can say that will make them snap out of it everybody has that little trigger that they have to flip themselves and it's different for everybody but it definitely bothers me how blind we can make ourselves very disturbing
You were lucky.
I know one woman who was part of the Jim Jones fiasco (1878). She got out of that cult just before they went to Guyana in which he got his followers to drink the cyanide laced "Kool-aid" like drink that killed 918 peoples.

Hard to believe. Sometimes it pays to check things out.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 14-09-2019, 07:37 AM
Master
Yes that is quite the horrid tale, John. There are more examples of spiritual people and communities going utterly loopy. People waiting for alien contact at “prophesied” times, people going on water fast to cure serious disease. It pays to check things out, but too often the mantra is “go with the feels”, as if feelings can’t be wrong. On top of that there’s authoritative figures in guru’s and masters that people just blindly follow, because the guru is promoting himself as “authentic”, “enlightened” etc.

We’re not in an “end time”, but we are in a difficult time nonetheless because of how we consume resources.
Old 14-09-2019, 03:19 PM
Master
We will all physically die sooner or later in any case. I think the following 'fable' presents both the challenge and the opportunity which we are each and all now presented with in the context of humanity's debacle (this whether or not all higher forms of Life on Earth end up going 'extinct' in the process):
God ‘gives’ people every (kind of) thing they could possibly love and enjoy or imagine loving and enjoying and then, one by one, takes these away from them and/or places the possibility of their ‘having’ them (again, in the former case) out of reach, such that the only possibility they are then left with (that is, should they then choose to themselves be and continue so!) is the Love and Joy they were thereby soulfully introduced to [note: if not all, most of us are 'nascent' souls], which Love and Joy is Life Itself!"
Old 14-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Deactivated Account

So many people seem to be worrying about it it's rubbing off on me lol. I'm usually chill but all this talk of the world ending through killing the planet and stuff, can make you feel a little bleak.
Old 14-09-2019, 07:00 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You were lucky.
I know one woman who was part of the Jim Jones fiasco (1878). She got out of that cult just before they went to Guyana in which he got his followers to drink the cyanide laced "Kool-aid" like drink that killed 918 peoples.

Hard to believe. Sometimes it pays to check things out.

I remember hearing about that there is quite a bit of Kool-Aid jokes going around for a couple of years after that happened. Crazy how people will fallow someone to the grave if they believe in them . . Dangerous
Old 14-09-2019, 07:02 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yes that is quite the horrid tale, John. There are more examples of spiritual people and communities going utterly loopy. People waiting for alien contact at “prophesied” times, people going on water fast to cure serious disease. It pays to check things out, but too often the mantra is “go with the feels”, as if feelings can’t be wrong. On top of that there’s authoritative figures in guru’s and masters that people just blindly follow, because the guru is promoting himself as “authentic”, “enlightened” etc.

We’re not in an “end time”, but we are in a difficult time nonetheless because of how we consume resources.

Exactly! That was the Shocker for me to learn was that your gut feeling is not always right! You can't trust yourself sometimes only problem is until you reveal that to yourself you'll never know when. It's a catch 22
Old 14-09-2019, 07:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Exactly! That was the Shocker for me to learn was that your gut feeling is not always right! You can't trust yourself sometimes only problem is until you reveal that to yourself you'll never know when. It's a catch 22

I know right? Feelings can be totally wrong.. when you make a bet, have a crush on someone, predict the outcome of an exam, etc.

By the way, I never knew the Kool-Aid expression came from the Jonestown massacre...
Old 14-09-2019, 08:57 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Most people don't realize it's a form of PTSD when you leave a cult where you truly believed that you would be in heaven by like 23yr old MAX because there are so many things you have never contemplated at all because "you wont be here for that" and then one day you realize you will be here for that and all of a sudden you are lost in the emotional barbecue sauce lol it took me a few years to pick myself back up and find a reson to live . But on the bright side I am well studied in numerology various different types of religions and spiritual practices due to all the intense research I did once I left Christianity so I guess you could say I made it for lost time LOL

It is a weird thing to go through and then try and explain to people the spiritual/psychological tools used to brainwash. It can seem very sureal at times, I feel like I had to not be fully present present as a child and I did not anchor into my body fully until I was a much older adult. If you can get young kids to never fully anchor you can fill them with whatever spirit you see fit for your agenda.

I was lucky in some regards as I had a very strong connection to the truth of love/unity as a very young person and I was also always very defiant to controlling authority figures. Eventually though, many years later I was still left pulling out the poison which had managed to make it into my psyche.

There was still trauma but it manifested itself through anger and anxiety in me but my general determination which is the positive side of defiance haha has served me very well to my journey back to truth.

Us kids would never make it to heaven like our parents because we were unbaptised until 19 years old. So we were getting left behind on earth for the end times while the adults went to the kingdom of heaven. Either way - I did have some panic that my time here would be short.

The child Abuse of these organisations is what angers me the most.
Old 14-09-2019, 09:19 PM
Deactivated Account
What churches and manipulative organisations want you to believe:

Humans are inherently sinful and need to be controlled to be saved ..

So they preach gospels of fear and disconnection

What they don't want you to know:

Humans desire connection and seek love to reflect the love that connects them to the ultimate truth of love.

Disconnect someone from that inner knowing and you have more authority over their own mind and spirit then they do.
Old 14-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Deactivated Account
This thread needs a big hug...