Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 17-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Blackhawk

connected empathically to a wild animal?

A couple of days ago I went into the mountains of Southern Nevada, about an hour away from my home to spend time with amongst the wild horses there. I have been connected to horses from the moment I could walk, and I feel privileged to be able to live near wild Mustangs.

To anyone who doesn't know wild horses, they are skittish and scared of people and can be aggressive and territorial if they feel threatened.

I drove my car on small dirt roads until I saw a glimpse of a horse. I stopped my car and there were two, jet black stallions standing side by side. I moved quietly, and stood some distance away to take pictures of them. One of the stallions started to move closer to me, taking one careful step at a time.

As he came close to me, I stretched my hand out in a calm and non-threatening manner, keeping my breathing even and steady. As I stretched my hand out I felt a jolt of terror and fear. I kept my hand still and exhaled and the fear disappeared. The stallion sniffed the air around me, looked me in the eye and then dropped his head and started to graze near me.

I have been around horses for over 20 years, and I have been spending time with wild Mustangs for almost 2 years now. It's my belief that the fear I felt was actually the wild stallion's, and not mine.

Has anyone got any opinions on this, or had any similar experiences with animals? I have a picture of him I will upload for you all to see.
Old 17-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Ascender
That's a very interesting account. Empathy and/or telepathy with wild animals certainly happens, although perhaps less frequently than with domestic pets. I often sense what our sheep are feeling - but they are not wild, of course. I seem to remember reading other accounts of empathy with wild animals on this forum and elsewhere in the past.

The fact that you have been around horses for the past 20 years no doubt accounts for your natural affinity with them. I hope that you will develop this ability.
Old 21-06-2013, 05:10 PM
steph_simpson89

Two wild stallions standing side by side ? That's strange, both wild and tame stallions do not tend to mix well together, in fact I have seen stallions try to literally kill other stallions and colts quite a few times, they're very territorial.
But anyway I know that's not the point here lol sorry I grew up with horses as well and share your passion. Never seen a wild one up close though, I'm pretty jealous haha :)
I know exactly what you're saying.
Being an empath myself I can feel the same thing from animals as well as people.
If you've been around horses for 20 years and you think you're an empath then I would definitely say that it was his fear you felt. The trouble with feeling others emotions as we do is that we can take that feeling on board also which can backfire a lot lol.
To relax through the fear you felt (from him) is something that a lot of empaths who've been aware of their ability for much longer than you still struggle with. Knowing and being around horses is definitely a big strength to have when seeing them in the wild.
I think you know as well as I do that if he'd felt even a flicker or fear from you he wouldn't have come near you.
That must've been amazing I wish I knew where to find the pic you posted lol.
Just always bear in mind what I said about empaths taking on others emotions (even animals) because if you don't feel totally comfortable with an animal then they will have their guard up :)