Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 12-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Why do we seek to come back if we know that life might be one of hardship and in the end death again ?

If the Soul truly holds memory as many of us feel it does then WHY does it choose to come back over and over again. Many of us have hard lives faced with physical and mental at times hardships. We too at times have a life of great loss around us. Personal struggles or living condition struggles. YET our Soul comes forth again and again.

One can say its on that path of learning to become enlightened but what does that path truly mean ? Enlightened to what ? To be what ?

Lynn

I don't know...........I kinda like life, in fact I love it even though I have had a pretty hard life in many ways.
Of course, there is a lot I would change about it and my being here gives me that opportunity.
There is also alot about it that I wouldn't change and I enjoy all of those experiences very much.
First thing to go would be money and the need for it.
I think life can and will be fantastic some day for everyone.
Heaven is here IMO
James
Old 13-12-2010, 02:12 AM
Master
Lynn: Why do we seek to come back if we know that life might be one of hardship and in the end death again ?

If the Soul truly holds memory as many of us feel it does then WHY does it choose to come back over and over again.

One can say its on that path of learning to become enlightened but what does that path truly mean ? Enlightened to what ? To be what ?

You might say this question as, why do we leave the light realms of our true home and come to this crazy world in the first place?

As soul & spirit we are compelled to evolve, and coming here is an expression of that creative urge.

Why hardship? It's simple. We grow the most from our challenges.

Why be born when we're just going to die? ummm... Who says death is a bad thing, when this is how we get to go home on holiday for while before beginning next term in the world schoolhouse.

Enlightenment is the process of discovering our pure true nature, here in this world of mind veils and shadows that have hidden it.

Xan

Old 13-12-2010, 04:43 AM
Administrator
Hello Xan

That is to say if one FEEL's that one does leave the Light realms of our true home to come to this world we call Earth. For some we feel this in is the only place that there is ; some feel there is only life on Earth.

Is this World a crazy place I personally do not feel it is . I feel its a wonderous place a place like no other we can hope to ever find. Too like no two people are a a like too no two Worlds would be a like.

I find the Eath life to be one of chanllenges but too one of great pleasures as the body gives to one so very much. Even if one is in great pains one can find a place of great peace in them. One can find that understandings to WHY things hurt. I know that I have that now. I live with daily chronic pain but I embrace why it gets worse some days. I have learned to see the lessons there in the bad days. I am blessed to have had the NDE I had and to blessed to know WHY I am still here.

We are all creative and we are all here I feel to evolve to what extent whom knows. Hardships is what one makes it at times. Rise above what seems to want to hold one down.

For some death is the thing they fear the most. While I embrace death as not the end but a new beginning I too know that some fear it and do not move easy to it and some even need help after death to move forward . Some too do not embarace that we go any place that death is the END of ENDS. So be that if that is how one truly feels. Maybe for thier Soul that be the end of the line.

The final enlightentment I wonder if that be a place one gets to. If there is a final your done moment in learnings and growth. Our ture nature we I feel alreay have that in us. We just have to un wrap that for us. Find that place of peace. TOO once one finds that place as I have its not a given I stay there I still have to work on things that come to try to move me from that place.

The veil is in a proess of thinning how far will that go whom is to know, as for shadows that is where the more negative things hide I personally feel. I am one for casting Light on the places of shadow so what be there shows its true self.

Lynn
Old 13-12-2010, 04:54 AM
Master
Hi Lynn...

Is this World a crazy place I personally do not feel it is . I feel its a wonderous place a place like no other we can hope to ever find.

Yes, this world is wondrous in many ways, and crazy in many others. It's crazy that most people here have lost awareness of their true nature as soul/spirit which leads to selfishness and fear, and suffering of all kinds... within themselves and even to purposely causing pain for others.

The final enlightentment I wonder if that be a place one gets to. If there is a final your done moment in learnings and growth. Our ture nature we I feel alreay have that in us. We just have to un wrap that for us. Find that place of peace. TOO once one finds that place as I have its not a given I stay there I still have to work on things that come to try to move me from that place.

There is nothing 'final' in this continuously evolving creation. I don't see enlightenment as a 'final' place, but the beginning of a new phase... one in which there is increasing surrender and joy, more genuine giving and more Grace.

The veil is in a process of thinning how far will that go whom is to know, as for shadows that is where the more negative things hide I personally feel. I am one for casting Light on the places of shadow so what be there shows its true self.

Yes... We see this the same, Lynn. The veil in the world is thinning, at least in part by the light we bring to the shadow, by the love we bring to non-love.

Xan

Old 14-12-2010, 05:20 AM
TheDivine

Why do we come back.... hmmm... that is something I have asked myself for a long time.

I've dealt in Buddhism a lot over the past couple of years (I am not Buddhist, by the way), and they would say that it is karma which drives you to be reborn over and over again. You don't have actual control over it. If you have bad karma, you will be born into a lesser existence of suffering until your bad karma is all expended, at which point you will be born into a higher birth. People with excellent karma are born as demi Gods or even Gods, and live extravagant, extremely long lives. However, because they do not know suffering, they never have any need to turn inward or contemplate the consequences of their lives. Eventually all their good karma gets expended and they are reborn in a lesser realm. According to the Buddhists, human birth is the most precious because we have the capacity to learn about Dharma and we experience enough suffering that we can be humbled into turning inward. The point is not to be born as a God or something wonderful, the point is to escape birth entirely through meditation and honing the intention of the soul or subtle mind. It is only humans who can accomplish this, according to them.

I don't fully buy that though. I have experienced far too many 'coincidences' and intersections in life for the way my life is to be explained away through karma alone. Also, I know that my personal intention and vibration has a direct effect on whether or not I achieve happy results or not. (This is still a work in progress.) On the other hand, it is quite interesting to contemplate how there are trillions of other life forms on this planet, and I was born as human. There are about 7 billion of us, but that isn't all that much. There are something like 10 trillion ants in the world, for example. The fact that I am human and not an ant must mean something.

My belief at this point is that the soul is on some sort of journey, and it takes on many forms in order to work things out. You may be born into the same 'kind' of life repeatedly until you fully grasp a specific lesson. For instance, I have been told that in my past life I was also a healer, but one of meager means. I was quite poor. In this life, however, although I am not rich, I will be better off, and in a better position to help even more people. Whether or not that's true, I don't know yet; but if it is true, it demonstrates that the soul works with specific themes to accomplish specific goals. At the same time, your soul actively shapes what this life is going to look like so that it can have the proper ingredients and conditions to try and learn the lessons. The reason we don't have direct memories of all our lives is because your ego does not survive death, only your soul does, and your soul retains impressions instead of memories.

In the end though, I honestly can't say for sure. I just have a theory that I work with, and it's more or less one that helps me to retain a positive outlook on life so that THIS life can function as happily as possible. I am not fully convinced that we are supposed to even find out. Part of being human is that our consciousness exists in a specific spectrum. Whatever we were directly before we were born as human, we are not meant to be right now; and I trust that that must be for a very good reason. I tend to spend less time trying to figure out the grand scheme these days, and more time living in this creation.
Old 14-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivine
Why do we come back.... hmmm... that is something I have asked myself for a long time.

I've dealt in Buddhism a lot over the past couple of years (I am not Buddhist, by the way), and they would say that it is karma which drives you to be reborn over and over again. You don't have actual control over it. If you have bad karma, you will be born into a lesser existence of suffering until your bad karma is all expended, at which point you will be born into a higher birth. People with excellent karma are born as demi Gods or even Gods, and live extravagant, extremely long lives. However, because they do not know suffering, they never have any need to turn inward or contemplate the consequences of their lives. Eventually all their good karma gets expended and they are reborn in a lesser realm. According to the Buddhists, human birth is the most precious because we have the capacity to learn about Dharma and we experience enough suffering that we can be humbled into turning inward. The point is not to be born as a God or something wonderful, the point is to escape birth entirely through meditation and honing the intention of the soul or subtle mind. It is only humans who can accomplish this, according to them.

I don't fully buy that though. I have experienced far too many 'coincidences' and intersections in life for the way my life is to be explained away through karma alone. Also, I know that my personal intention and vibration has a direct effect on whether or not I achieve happy results or not. (This is still a work in progress.) On the other hand, it is quite interesting to contemplate how there are trillions of other life forms on this planet, and I was born as human. There are about 7 billion of us, but that isn't all that much. There are something like 10 trillion ants in the world, for example. The fact that I am human and not an ant must mean something.

My belief at this point is that the soul is on some sort of journey, and it takes on many forms in order to work things out. You may be born into the same 'kind' of life repeatedly until you fully grasp a specific lesson. For instance, I have been told that in my past life I was also a healer, but one of meager means. I was quite poor. In this life, however, although I am not rich, I will be better off, and in a better position to help even more people. Whether or not that's true, I don't know yet; but if it is true, it demonstrates that the soul works with specific themes to accomplish specific goals. At the same time, your soul actively shapes what this life is going to look like so that it can have the proper ingredients and conditions to try and learn the lessons. The reason we don't have direct memories of all our lives is because your ego does not survive death, only your soul does, and your soul retains impressions instead of memories.

In the end though, I honestly can't say for sure. I just have a theory that I work with, and it's more or less one that helps me to retain a positive outlook on life so that THIS life can function as happily as possible. I am not fully convinced that we are supposed to even find out. Part of being human is that our consciousness exists in a specific spectrum. Whatever we were directly before we were born as human, we are not meant to be right now; and I trust that that must be for a very good reason. I tend to spend less time trying to figure out the grand scheme these days, and more time living in this creation.

Nice post TheDivine. I studied Buddhism somewhat too, but I never really knew if the ideas of the realms of existence to be reborn into on the wheel of life and death came from The Buddha.
Do you know?
And if so, why did he teach that……did he have direct experience? If he did teach it, personally I have to keep it open as a possibility that I have not directly experienced or realized. The man was awesome IMO.
It seems to make sense to me that energy has to play itself out. Go back to it’s source like electricity does, so karma kinda makes sense to me after we die, but like you, I don’t know.
It’s all very interesting to contemplate and I enjoyed your post and its honesty very much.
Thanks …….James