Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-08-2013, 12:59 AM
1OneLove1

Anyone else scared!?

I'm scared as heck about the concepts of different dimensions, living lives in parallel universes, astral plane, we are everything - everything is us, etc. am I the only one who gets SUPER SUPER freaked out by this? I don't like these concepts. I don't want to be in any other lives without my husband and daughter. I don't want reality to just be all fake. Other people to just be projections of me or some other things like that. Certain concepts like reincarnation comfort me and make sense to me, these others don't .. !
Old 03-08-2013, 01:00 AM
1OneLove1

Oh and also I get scared of learning more because what if I learn MORE things I am not comfortable with and lose the capability to function day to day basis from being so freaked out ..
Old 03-08-2013, 01:48 AM
silent whisper

Fear has a way of projecting itself...into what you learn and know...when you release the fear, you just know and learn and build understanding of why your fear takes a hold in that way.

I once feared like you, all like you...many may not believe that, who know me now..so I do understand.

No I am not afraid of the wonder of this universe, where it leads me and takes me...its wondorous, amazing and frightening all at the same time I suppose.

your fears may be a very natural part of awakening to the greater mystery with knowing and not knowing...its the not knowing that scares many, so perhaps you show that when you know too much, one can fear what lays beyond having too much knowledge..

If its any consolation for your fears, it gets rather simple the more you know..and you actually enjoy your family and friends with a lighter heart..and with a greater appreciation of them and your life.

I hope you find some solace in this space...
Old 03-08-2013, 02:16 AM
Master
If you are after just comfort, you will never be happy with anything in life, and also if you don't think about all these beliefs, well they will just mean nothing to you as they mean nothing to me.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:33 AM
Suspended
There is really only one reality, but there are MANY ways of looking at it, even completely opposite ways!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Guide

I believe that the fear you feel is actually quite common. This fear of the unknown, fear of being just a tiny being in a huge Universe, is very likely the reason so many people shun those who believe in things mystical or paranormal.

This fear is why witches were burned at the stake. It's why black cats were, and still are unfortunately, seen as demonic and sometimes killed for their color alone. It's why followers of some religions are called heretics, without any real knowledge of their beliefs.

It's simple "Fear of the Unknown." What was once a survival skill now holds us back, making us back away from things that are unfamiliar, making us suspect the worst of things we have not encountered before. It makes us huddle for security in our "comfort zone" even if there are beautiful things beckoning us from beyone our perimeter.

If your fear is so strong, why are you delving into these subjects? Hopefully it's because you hunger to know more and are willing to work your way past the fear. Hopefully it's because you refuse to let fear control your life. Feel the fear, acknowledge it, and then move on past it. Judge for yourself whether a belief or thought or thing is dangerous or beautiful.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
I believe that the fear you feel is actually quite common. This fear of the unknown, fear of being just a tiny being in a huge Universe, is very likely the reason so many people shun those who believe in things mystical or paranormal.

This fear is why witches were burned at the stake. It's why black cats were, and still are unfortunately, seen as demonic and sometimes killed for their color alone. It's why followers of some religions are called heretics, without any real knowledge of their beliefs.

It's simple "Fear of the Unknown." What was once a survival skill now holds us back, making us back away from things that are unfamiliar, making us suspect the worst of things we have not encountered before. It makes us huddle for security in our "comfort zone" even if there are beautiful things beckoning us from beyone our perimeter.

If your fear is so strong, why are you delving into these subjects? Hopefully it's because you hunger to know more and are willing to work your way past the fear. Hopefully it's because you refuse to let fear control your life. Feel the fear, acknowledge it, and then move on past it. Judge for yourself whether a belief or thought or thing is dangerous or beautiful.
Well said!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Master
In my opinion, we create our own fears. Mankind has always been a cowardly species, going right back to the beginning. We cowered in our caves while the leopard snarled in the dark. So, now millennia later, we are still inventing more and more things to be frightened of. We cannot believe that life is simple so we invent complications and then get frightened of them. Much of New Age thinking just about qualifies as a psychological illness - channeling, aliens from god-knows-where, etc, etc. We seem prepared to believe every quack who comes along, so add gullibility to our cowardice. We are still the scared-stiff lemur cowering in the dark, except when we actually were scared-stiff lemurs, we had reasons to be scared stiff - we were on the menu for a whole variety of more powerful predators.
We probably developed intelligence as a defense mechanism to bolster our fragile egos. Heaven only knows how we, as a species, survived to become so neurotic !
Life is simple - it obeys the Laws of Conservation. "Matter [and Energy] cannot be created or destroyed, however it can be converted". Looked at in that light, then reincarnation is a given. We are in permanent recycling. There is no judgement or reward/punishment, it's all down to you - cower in the corner or just live life.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Experiencer
cling to your preferences will always cause fear. the hard you grasp onto the physical world, the harder it will push back, and when it escapes your grasp, youll have not given yourself to anything else.
let this be your encouragement to improve yourself, by loving them from the depths of your soul and not just the depth of your clenched fist
Old 03-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Master
Understanding others
The others elements , and
the others nations , will help
you become whole .

The question is not what is
the question is : Do you want to know ...
You fear what you already " IS " .