Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Dawn

Bonded with this planet?

First off, my apologies if I put this particular question in the wrong place (and to the mod, please move it to where it needs to be if it needs it).

Secondly, I've been on and off wondering about this for a few years now.
Forgive me for sounding naieve if it comes off this way, but, like with everyone else, I'm still learning. ^_^

I've been recalling past lives for quite a few years now and have noticed something. With the exception of only a small handful of lifetimes, I've come back to this planet to live over and over again, and seem to have a particular preference for it.
I could go into a long 'why why why???' and rambling session but lol for the sake of everyone's nerves, I won't.

Any thoughts? Any ideas as to why? I'm open and welcomed to hearing from any others who wish to talk about this.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:02 PM
The Om

Maybe you keep coming back here because there is something about life here you have yet to learn. Our souls incarnate where we have the greatest potential to learn. So, what has been bugging you all your life? I'd say explore it. Not just on an intellectual level, but on a spiritual level. What it means to the universe, to your path, and to that which you hold dear in your heart.

Be well
Old 03-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Master
Maybe you enjoy the challenges of living life on earth? Or like Om said you need to learn things that you just aren't learning so you keep coming back?
Spiritlite.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
First off, my apologies if I put this particular question in the wrong place (and to the mod, please move it to where it needs to be if it needs it).

Secondly, I've been on and off wondering about this for a few years now.
Forgive me for sounding naieve if it comes off this way, but, like with everyone else, I'm still learning. ^_^

I've been recalling past lives for quite a few years now and have noticed something. With the exception of only a small handful of lifetimes, I've come back to this planet to live over and over again, and seem to have a particular preference for it.
I could go into a long 'why why why???' and rambling session but lol for the sake of everyone's nerves, I won't.

Any thoughts? Any ideas as to why? I'm open and welcomed to hearing from any others who wish to talk about this.

What we do here on this only planet of free choice is priceless beyond human comprehension. Since you know these things on the other side, you return to it with great enthusiasm.

Then when you arrive in that state of human forgetfulness, you must ask why!!

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 04-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Experiencer
Though there are certainly a few people about who have lived lives on other planets, when I asked my guides about it they said this was quite unusual - that is, it's most common for us to choose one planet and stick with it. Partly this is because, when we live our lives here on Earth, we become attached to (and used to) certain places, cultures and social behaviours, and develop passions for certain things (such as art, or music, or certain social movements) - all of which we would leave behind if we went elsewhere, or at least the Earthly or human way of going about it which we developed love for. Then partly it is because, when we have lived several lifetimes in one place, it becomes a big challenge to adjust to a completely different environment and social structure and most especially a new body. That's not an additional challenge which is necessarily helpful when we are on a path of development emotionally and spiritually. If you have ever read any of Michael Newton's books, there are a few accounts of people trying out being a different species on another world and finding themselves unhappy and unable to fit in because their lives as human beings have made them so human and they cannot adjust comfortably to being something else (and also vice versa with people from other worlds trying out being human). Imagine living in a house all of your life and suddenly moving into an igloo. Incarnating elsewhere can be quite dramatic thing to do and there would generally have to be a meaningful reason for us to do it, rather than there needing to be a reason why you have not incarnated on other worlds more often.

I'm sure there are adventurous and flexible souls who like to hop about a lot - that path just isn't the most common. I'm certainly not one of them; in all my lifetimes, though I've been in a number of different countries, I've actually never lived outside of Europe. I have the impression that that is because I have a genuine love for Europe, particularly England, and happy memories of it, so I always want to return somewhere close to the place I love. I'm quite comfortable with that arrangement. We don't need to take physical bodies to other planets to develop ourselves. When we are spiritually aware, the whole universe is in our back garden.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Guide
Well humanity has made this earth a extremely challenging
place to live. And the harder something is the more
you learn from it. So possibly this you like the challenge,
growth, knowledge, and lessons earth brings. But this is just my
advice on the subject, you can take it or leave it. Just go with your
heart :)
Old 06-01-2011, 04:28 AM
Dawn

Wow, very interesting! Thank you most kindly, all of you, for sharing your knowledge and thoughts about this. I deeply appreciate it.

The reason why I love this place. It confirms things I know, gives me food for thought, and is so peaceful it's lovely. <3

Westleigh, that does make perfect sense. (Almost ten years into being on my spiritual path and I still get surprised by how simple so many explainations are! lol)
You do get so accustomed to a certain culture, a certain species, it's just natural to want to go back to there, like slipping back into your fav pair of blue jeans or t-shirt. That really does explain a lot.

Thank you all again for your time about this! Like I said, this is very appreciated. ^_^