Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 24-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverevolution
Have you ever met someone for the first time and - either instantly, or after getting to know them better - been struck by a realization that you've known them before? I have experienced this a few times, and it's the most uncanny, bizarre feeling. I felt it fairly soon after meeting a guy I worked with, and he later turned out to be a significant person in my life. I've since felt it with another friend I met more recently, and I also feel a magnetic pull towards some people in his circle of friends whom I don't know well but I felt an instant like/dislike (sometimes both, weirdly) for them.

Sometimes the recognition comes on slowly and is more of an inward thing, and in one recent case I met someone and they even looked physically very familiar. In the past I've mistaken the magnetism for sexual attraction but it has now happened with girls as well (and I'm definitely only into guys!) and rather than a sexual thing it usually turns out to be some sort of karmic connection between me and the person....... anyone else know what I'm talking about?!? I often wonder if I'm crazy for this

No, I don't feel this way for the most part. Well, there's been two or three people I've been drawn to, but it's not reciprocated so it's doubtful there's any sort of connection. Two way street and all that.

Old 24-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Happyheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Hi Happyheart!
Nice to see you!
I had a situation like you with my late husband.
We found many links that bound us together.
Countries we had lived in,natures the same,same interests and even now,after six years of being without him,I stll receive messages reminding me of those facts.
Deepsea xx

Hi Deepsea

Nice to see you too! I have often asked my hubby if we had followed different paths, and not met the way we did (he was a work friend of my brother's), does he think we would have somehow found each other. He believes we are soul mates and firmly believes we would have met some other way. His idea of soul mates and mine differ, since he's not into the spiritual stuff, but I agree, due to the fact that I believe we've spent many lifetimes together, probably in many different relationships. We just seemed to recognise each other this time around.

I'm glad you and your husband had a similar link. Some of us are so lucky in that regard, maybe our karma from other lives is all worked out and we're allowed to live in harmony with each other for this lifetime.

xxxlove Happyheart
Old 26-12-2010, 09:30 AM
deepsea

Merry xmas to you and happy new year!

Do you believe we can have more than one soulmate in life?
Hugs.
Deepsea x
Old 26-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Happyheart

Hi Deepsea,

I personally believe that we are meant to meet everyone we come across, and that some people may have more than one "soulmate" they have to have a relationship with, within one lifetime. I think everyone we meet plays a part in our soul lessons, and so we might have lessons to learn from different people. I also tend to buy into the whole "soul family or group", where a group of souls live many lifetimes together in various roles. Some people might have more than one significant other during their life, and each soul plays a part in the individual's development and advancement.

xxxlove Happyheart
Old 27-12-2010, 11:29 PM
weezieseeking320

My ex-husband and children's father and me have a similar story... I saw him for the first time about 1.5 yrs before we ever even dated but the first time I saw him, I knew he was going to be a significant person in my life, didn't know how or couldn't even explain it... it was not "love at first sight", not at all, but a connection that was almost like, in retrospect, my soul knew he was supposed to fertilize my eggs and give me the 3 most special children I've ever met! We tried to make a relationship but i knew deep down, I am not supposed to be with him in that sense- we are partners in parenting and we are friends but he is not my soul's partner in this life and therefore, we divorced. I thank "God" for him and my children everyday, and he is the best father I could've asked for or ever wanted for them.

Now I am currently in a relationship with my soul-mate but have known him for over 15 years- since back in high school... We reconnected after my separation and not even with the intentions of getting into a relationship, that happened by Forces greater than our comprehension. I have been connected to this man for a very long time and since our relationship re-started a little over a year ago, the lessons, signs, signals, everything is so strong- it's very invigorating!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Gibbz

No. Although I am 18 now, there is someone who I think about on a regular basis. He was my best friend, actually like a brother, for a year and a half when I was about 6 or 7. I just feel so weird about wondering where he is now, I wish I could get in touch with him.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
No, I don't feel this way for the most part. Well, there's been two or three people I've been drawn to, but it's not reciprocated so it's doubtful there's any sort of connection. Two way street and all that.

Or they don't make it apparent at the time. perhaps it's not about them feeling the connection but about you feeling it, or they might express it in a different way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyheart
Hi Deepsea,

I personally believe that we are meant to meet everyone we come across, and that some people may have more than one "soulmate" they have to have a relationship with, within one lifetime. I think everyone we meet plays a part in our soul lessons, and so we might have lessons to learn from different people. I also tend to buy into the whole "soul family or group", where a group of souls live many lifetimes together in various roles. Some people might have more than one significant other during their life, and each soul plays a part in the individual's development and advancement.

xxxlove Happyheart

It's what all my Past Life memories have been about - and continue to be about.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:42 PM
clovelly

I'm 39 now and most of my relationship of friends & lovers in my life were created because of a magnetic pull, powerful instincts and constantly running into them in obscure places. It felt like destiny for all of us. They have been great teachers for me and I hopefully for them.