Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 01-11-2010, 05:29 PM
star-child

I echo what has been said above. I feel i'm quite sensitive to peoples energies which can make me quite moody.

Thanks for the thread Rosewater
Old 02-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Seeker

tools

There are several things that cause us to take on other peoples energies and to "become" something that we aren't. This is natural for us to do and everyone does it. A couple of things that we do is we tend to match the person across from us in order to connect with them and another thing that happens is that a lot of us don't know where our energy begins and ends.

There are a few tools that will assist in seperating from other energy around us. You can ground yourself, so that you are more in your body. This grounding cord gives your body a way to release excess energy. You can focus your attention in the center of your head, where the pineal gland is, which will give you a reference point as to where you are a spirit. And you can put a rose at the edge of your aura. What this rose is, is a seperation between your energy (your aura) and all the other energy out there, whether it's a person, spirit, or the environment.

What I've noticed is that everyone needs tools, but not everyone can have them.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Master
a rose at the edge of my aura? this may be a stupid question but where would that be lol? is it something i can travel around with?

thank you spirit and all! I will try your suggestions! <3
Old 03-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Seeker

Lol. No, actually that is not a stupid question. That is part of what I was talking about when I said most people have no idea where they begin and where they end. What I was refering to is the aura. The size of people's auras can vary greatly, from a few inches to as large as a room (or bigger). So you need to find it for yourself. Typically it extends about 1-3 feet around the body.

To begin you can imagine you aura like a bubble that surrounds your physical body. From the center of your head, reach out with your awareness and try to get a sense of where the edge of your bubble is, without leaving the center of your head. See if you can notice the distance in between the center of your head and the edge of your aura. If you can't find the edge of your aura, just create that bubble around your body and bring it to about 2 feet around you. You can adjust this distance to whatever feels comfortable to you. And don't think that bigger is better, just find what is right for you in this moment.

After you find or create the aura around you, create a mental image of a rose and place it about 6 inches beyond the edge of the aura. what is on your side of the rose is you, and what is on the other side of the rose is not you.

You can also take a look at your aura and see if you can notice what kind of shape it's in. Is it more out in front of you and have less energy behind you, more to the right side, are there holes in it, etc? If you find holes or leaks in your aura, imagine a big golden sun above your head and give the command to call back all of your energy into this gold sun. Then bring this gold sun into the body and aura to fill in any places that leaking energy or where the energy is low. You just have to play with it and you become aware of more and more over time.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Master
lol i think i need spirtual tutoring from you

i couldn't see aura sensed it was small and close to body but i placed rose six inches away.. thank you so much for help!
Old 16-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny shine
Why do we need to harm anybody even if their intentions are bad! arent we intending to create a similar energy if the need to retort back exists in us?
I like this, It is called many things in different places. There is an unwritten inescapable law in life you get back what you send out.
Old 18-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Master
I liked reading these posts as I've been told by various psychics that I tend to be a sponge soaking up everybody's garbage; and that I tend walk around with my chakras wide open like going out "not dressed;" and that I'm "too nice" so I have trouble detaching so when someone is depressed and drawing a lot of energy out of me I just keep on giving.... Then at the end of the day no wonder I feel psychotic and drained!!!

But I have learned reiki and all I need to do is to remember to use it in all my interactions. That being said I prefer solitude when I can get it to recharge. When I'm out in the world I really give everything I've got but it's so nice to come home and be in my own space. Most people tend to be receivers and not givers. When people are in giving mode we put out the most beautiful energies.

Sometimes when I really have my act together I can get people to generate positive energy (even the negative thinking people) and have a group interacting in the light. It's absolutely magical when that happens!!!! When I'm too tired I don't put the effort into it to make myself a channel for that. I also am a kind of psychic vampire to myself as I tend to beat myself up a lot with self-criticism, self-doubt...that kind of thing. I'm sure that's partly why I get so tired.

What I discovered that's truly amazing, is that when I give reiki to someone else I get so much energy flowing through me that I actually seek out people who will draw the most energy from me because then I get even more (the energy passes through me first before it gets to them). So I'm going to be reiking cancer patients and doing social work... Mother Teresa discovered this phenomenon and never ceased to be amazed by it - that the more love she gave, the more she received. She said to "love until it hurts" and she was amazed of the depth of lov that she felt coming back to or through her the more she did this. A great example!

Last edited by Uma : 19-11-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 20-11-2010, 04:21 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumar
What I do is whenever someone tries to drain my energy, not only do I make new energy to replace what is lost, but the energy they take, I make it hazardous therefore they stop trying to take my energy.

If you know how to make energy and/or manipulate energy, no one will try to steal it, if they do, you should manipulate it into something you know would harm them, my mentor make his energy into snakes so they had no use for it and would get sick, I would make my energy into a similar aspect to boiling water, they stopped almost instantaneously.

I used to do this, and recommend against it, as when you harm someone with your energy and make them sick, it will eventually come back onto you, and practicing bad medicine or energies, only weakens you in the end. You may think you are becoming more powerful, but eventually it will be too late, and you will be lost in bad energies. Just simply the thought of wanting to inflict harm upon someone is bad energy inside of you. It means you are sick, or even if you do it unintentionally, it makes you sick. And then, also, harming people just isn't "good".
Most people do not know when they are stealing your energy, thus they won't know how to stop. So why would you do it?

So the only reason i am scouring this thread, is to find ways, to protect MY bad energies, away from people. I don't practice this anymore, and I know how to cleanse, but what if there are simply days, i am full of bad energies, and around people, i am overly magnetic sometimes, and i don't want people picking up on it. It's all good if i'm happy and all, but even if i'm in a bad mood when i see it's raining out, it hurts people.
Old 20-11-2010, 04:29 AM
Ciqala

I really enjoyed reading these ideas. I'm way too sensitive, and suck at protecting myself, or other people from myself.

Personally, the things I have learned, are usually that everyone finds their own way of protection. Sometimes, if you borrow someone else's version, it will not work for you. Sometimes the best way to find out how to protect yourself properly, is to ask your spirit guides (or whatever you believe in) to help you out and send you an answer.
My spirit guides send me different ways all the time, my problem, is something in me is way too stubborn to stick with it.
Right now, because of a vision i was sent, i have this amazing, very tall aboriginal dark guard following me around protecting me, and i like to imagine he is surrounded by rainbows.

My close friend, also a healer, told me an amazing thing she came up with from personal experience. She turns into a tree (not literally) and the roots release all the impurities. Because she is very connected to nature, she also turns into a tree when she is around people, and that is her guard of protection, her tree also helps her heal people.