Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 20-08-2011, 05:13 AM
Master
~~SCIENCE~~...has it lost its ideology and podium?

Hi guys & gals

This has been on my mind recently and I've touched upon it in gTm's (aka Tmax) threads.

I am not right or left wing on this, because I can see that Science has its place in the world and has contributed miles of positive advances to society.

There will always be the critics, that's not my intention here. I'm interested in hearing what you have to input regarding what science does for you.

Do you feel people have lost faith in scientific research information and why?
Do you feel science plays the greater roll and can't do any wrong?
Are you happy in observing the balance between science & spiritual?
Do you think scientists could toss aside their white coats more and mingle with society better?
Or maybe you have other thoughts you'd like to add.

Looking forward to chewing the fat with you.

Cheers
Old 20-08-2011, 05:20 AM
not human

Ah the smell of a virgin thread.... good thread though NS & am happy to be the first through the gate.
My faith lies in quatum sciences...mainly because it is bridging a gap that trad science doesn't make way for.
At least trad science makes way for newer findings & doesn't get caught up in defending compromised data, but the doors are left way open for metaphysical analysis & thats where quantum physics comes into play
Old 20-08-2011, 05:25 AM
not human

I guess my answer falls under the category of other thoughts NS
Old 20-08-2011, 05:27 AM
glenos

I have worked in science for almost 14yrs but don't now. From my perspective science is now playing at God and if I was on the street and was asked if I wanted to go back I'd say no and go back to living under a hedge.

G
Old 20-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Hi guys & gals

This has been on my mind recently and I've touched upon it in gTm's (aka Tmax) threads.

I am not right or left wing on this, because I can see that Science has its place in the world and has contributed miles of positive advances to society.

There will always be the critics, that's not my intention here. I'm interested in hearing what you have to input regarding what science does for you.

Do you think scientists could toss aside their white coats more and mingle with society better?

Looking forward to chewing the fat with you.

Cheers
Hello NightSpirit! I'll give my quick thoughts, since I am about to head to bed.

Quote:
Scientific research doesn't require faith. That's what makes it science, and not religion. the scientific method's purpose is to measure date about the natural world. And using that data to build a theory on how things work; then testing that theory rigorously to ensure it's reflective of reality. In a lot of my observances, the only time people lose "faith" in science is when it challenges their preconceived notions or makes them uncomfortable.
Quote:
Hmm. Yes. No. Science is a methodology. It's not holy divine writing or a monolith of information that cannot be altered. It's the hammer man uses for the nail that represents the mysteries of the universe - the way things work and interact with one another. Science only gets it wrong, because it's interpreted by people. But due to the nature of the method of science, any bias or misinformation will eventually die off & be buried.
Quote:
I don't see any real polarity or difference in them. For me, scientific fact is how things work. But our spirituality can help us find meaning in those facts and data. We humans crave meaning and poetry expressed in our worldview and life. Even if we simply get that meaning based off of facts and figures, or through fanciful ideas about the world.
Quote:
This is the assumption that scientists somehow live in a lofty tower or some-such. The only problem there is that some people are less passionate about figuring out how things work, and why they work the way they do. Scientists are scientists because they, one would hope, have that passion.

I could yap on some more. But I think I will leave it at that for now, heh.
Old 20-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Ah the smell of a virgin thread.... good thread though NS & am happy to be the first through the gate.
My faith lies in quatum sciences...mainly because it is bridging a gap that trad science doesn't make way for.
At least trad science makes way for newer findings & doesn't get caught up in defending compromised data, but the doors are left way open for metaphysical analysis & thats where quantum physics comes into play

I must admit nh..im very partial to quantum as well. it floats my boat
Old 20-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Council Of Nine

This is how the confederation of planets feel about our scientists.

We of the Confederation of Planets in the Service of the infinite Creator are living as closely to the plan as we possibly can. We do this because we know it to be the only logical and rational way of living; to divorce yourself from the plan is only to confound the true workings of nature. Your people at present are totally unaware of such a plan. Your scientists ignore it. They are extremely interested in plans of their own. Unfortunately, their plans do not follow the plan of the Creator. Therefore, they waste much of their time and energy, and build devices that have no real valuable purpose. They are transient, I can assure you.

Your scientists should realize that there is a purpose to the creation that far surpasses what they suspect. They should avail themselves to the purpose in meditation. Then they would find that they would begin to understand the plan, and thereby they would be able to use their knowledge to build within the plan, not as they do now with no heed at all to the truth, and with plans of their own which have no relationship to truth.
Old 20-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
I have worked in science for almost 14yrs but don't now. From my perspective science is now playing at God and if I was on the street and was asked if I wanted to go back I'd say no and go back to living under a hedge.

G

too true glenos. But is science leading the way, or are we putting our eggs in other baskets?
Old 20-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Hello NightSpirit! I'll give my quick thoughts, since I am about to head to bed.

Scientific research doesn't require faith. That's what makes it science, and not religion. the scientific method's purpose is to measure date about the natural world. And using that data to build a theory on how things work; then testing that theory rigorously to ensure it's reflective of reality. In a lot of my observances, the only time people lose "faith" in science is when it challenges their preconceived notions or makes them uncomfortable.
Hmm. Yes. No. Science is a methodology. It's not holy divine writing or a monolith of information that cannot be altered. It's the hammer man uses for the nail that represents the mysteries of the universe - the way things work and interact with one another. Science only gets it wrong, because it's interpreted by people. But due to the nature of the method of science, any bias or misinformation will eventually die off & be buried.
I don't see any real polarity or difference in them. For me, scientific fact is how things work. But our spirituality can help us find meaning in those facts and data. We humans crave meaning and poetry expressed in our worldview and life. Even if we simply get that meaning based off of facts and figures, or through fanciful ideas about the world.

This is the assumption that scientists somehow live in a lofty tower or some-such. The only problem there is that some people are less passionate about figuring out how things work, and why they work the way they do. Scientists are scientists because they, one would hope, have that passion.

I could yap on some more. But I think I will leave it at that for now, heh.

Very well thought out Animus..I found myself nodding my head through that
Old 20-08-2011, 10:29 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
I must admit nh..im very partial to quantum as well. it floats my boat

Me too I don't know masses about it but what I do know really resonates.....like the string theory & the God complex etc.......that are proving that watched matter is affected by the fact that it is being observed...which changes the outcome of the experiment how cool is that ....uber cool thats how much