Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-01-2018, 11:30 PM
Master
What? This post isn't on page 374 already? :)
Old 30-01-2018, 12:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
I probably have asked this question before, just with different words, but whatever.

So, what do you believe God is? Do you view God as an intelligent entity? Or maybe an undefinable field of "energy" throughout the universe? Is God pure awareness?

I'm having trouble coming to terms with what I've learned about God, myself. I want a God that is personal and relevant to one's life, but at the same time, how can this be so if God is more like awareness or simply the Universe itself? I want to be able to feel comforted in times of darkness, but how does one do that with an impersonal God?

Unlearning opens you deeper to yourself. When you feel connected to yourself more true to your own true nature, you just feel alive and move yourself through life knowing you have everything you need within you. I just listen to myself deep as I can to know what I need and can do for myself. If I cant I seek support that I listen and know is there through my inner knowing.

Someone last night messaged me in distress of discomfort in their dark night, I tuned in to the discomfort and the comfort as one source in me. So as an example I shared with them..

Stop, breath, hold your own forehead and let go. Feel your body where it hurts and find points in your body to alleviate that pressure. Everything ever created by your own inner world has a re creation of itself within itself for the world you wish to create and be supported by.

I am showing you this example because I was once him, but now I am not him, I am aware of him and myself as more. When you open to more in yourself beyond conditioned lack, you build creative abundance to feel connected and safe.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 30-01-2018, 06:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I agree very much to what you [Lynn] wrote. I just don't know where to go with a mind set similar to yours. I have asked people but haven't had much luck with others just putting it in simple terms.
Concepts as port-ray-ed by pictorial symbols and meaningful words and ideas relating them one to another are just maps which someone (possibly even you on occasion) has made to re-present subjectively ex-peer-ienced reality/ies in mental terms.

They can be very use-full to people who are 'mental' , i.e. who are are 'mentally' (psychologically) oriented/talented. But they can be anything from useless to confusing and confining to those who are not so, maybe because they are primarily or mostly 'emotionally' (i.e. spiritsense-ually?) oriented/talented.

It makes it easier to be 'realistically' 'balanced' philosophically-speaking if one is 'adept' in both modalities, like it makes it easier to navigate physical settings if one can both 'see' and 'hear'. But 'blind' and 'deaf' people, inasmuch as they are 'forced' (one might say) to exercise and so develop their 'hearing' and 'vision' (since they have to solely rely on these for navigational purposes) to a greater extent than 'normal' folks, are positioned to lead extraordinary lives by virtue of what may perhaps appear to just be 'limitations' at first 'glance'.

I am reminded of the specialness of the quality of Ray Charles' musical output in this regard, which I would guess was, in part at least, a function of his not being able to 'see'.

It is a matter of capitalizing on one's talents, I think. In the case of non-mentally/non-verbally talented people who are especially spiritsense-ually 'gifted', their 'path' (to maximal Life-experience-and-expression fulfillment) may lie in/through focusing on 'vibing' with others. Not being one such myself, I have no 'sense' of what such path may involve and entail. I just share my thoughts in the above regard hoping they will help you to more fully embrace your 'hallow'ed abnormality as a wonder-full challenge/opportunity (which 'normal' folks are not likely to 'capitalize' on because, in their case, 'normal' communication is easier so there's nothing which 'requires' them to exercise such 'special' capability).

Old 31-01-2018, 08:20 AM
Master
Quote:
I probably have asked this question before, just with different words, but whatever.

So, what do you believe God is? Do you view God as an intelligent entity? Or maybe an undefinable field of "energy" throughout the universe? Is God pure awareness?

I'm having trouble coming to terms with what I've learned about God, myself. I want a God that is personal and relevant to one's life, but at the same time, how can this be so if God is more like awareness or simply the Universe itself? I want to be able to feel comforted in times of darkness, but how does one do that with an impersonal God?

I am God.
A few other people are also God.
Everyone has the potential to be God, few actually live up to their potential.

There are many different versions of God. There is a god in the flesh, there is a God in the universe. Remember how Jesus said "I am God in the flesh, but my father is in heaven". There is the human form (Jesus), and there is the universal form of God (the father).

God in the form is a personal God. God as the universe is an impersonal God.

For most people the impersonal God is beyond recognition, because so many people experience life through their mind. And the impersonal God is beyond the mind. so for someone living through the mind the impersonal God is inaccessible.

If you want to be comforted by God then you need to connect with God inside yourself. There is nothing more comforting than being able to dial god on the inner telephone when life gets tough.

I do it all the time. Jesus did it all the time. There is nothing that says "i am god in the flesh, I don't need the father God". In fact it's quite the opposite. The more aware we are of our own place in the cosmos the more we realize we need God the father. I say the father but the universal God is not male. The word is to denote the role of the universal God, protector. The role of the personal God is closer to mother, nurturer.

Also you do it all the time. You connect with God the father without knowing it. I won't say more, but in time you'll understand what I mean. In time you'll say, "oh, that's what it was?!?! I was looking it right in the face this whole time and I didn't know it! I was calling it by a different name!!!"

look inside. meditate more. You are clearly struggling. and I bet you have heard it time and time again, "meditate and you'll find the answers". yet here you come again, looking for answers and too stubborn to go find them yourself. you expect them to be handed to you on a silver platter but it simply doesnt work like that. meditate for 30 minutes a day 4x a week for 2 years and we'll talk.
Old 31-01-2018, 06:19 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Why are only some people God in your opinion, shivatar, just out of interest? Liked your post btw.

BT
Old 31-01-2018, 07:24 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Why are only some people God in your opinion, shivatar, just out of interest? Liked your post btw.

BT

I do love your username blossomingtree :)

I too would be very interested in shivatar's reply, as I believe that everyone and everything is God. Not necessarily in the religious sense, but in the eternal sense with each of us bring the primordial energy of the Universe.

I think the only ones who may consider that they are not God are the ones who don't see this in themselves - even though they are at the very heart of their incarnated 'Being'

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 31-01-2018, 08:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I am God.
A few other people are also God.
Everyone has the potential to be God, few actually live up to their potential.

There are many different versions of God. There is a god in the flesh, there is a God in the universe. Remember how Jesus said "I am God in the flesh, but my father is in heaven". There is the human form (Jesus), and there is the universal form of God (the father).

God in the form is a personal God. God as the universe is an impersonal God.

For most people the impersonal God is beyond recognition, because so many people experience life through their mind. And the impersonal God is beyond the mind. so for someone living through the mind the impersonal God is inaccessible.

If you want to be comforted by God then you need to connect with God inside yourself. There is nothing more comforting than being able to dial god on the inner telephone when life gets tough.

What's "inside yourself" and "yourself" should not to be confused as referencing the same 'thang', aye what? For one thing, "what's inside you" is also "what's all around you"!, you dig?!

The following link is especially post-marked (post-expressed) from 'me' to 'you', fluid-boundary challenged fellow-being.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...25#post1703225
Old 31-01-2018, 10:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Look inside. meditate more. ... meditate for 30 minutes a day 4x a week for 2 years and we'll talk.
WARNING to both inexperienced and 'emotionally troubled' seekers:

'Meditation' is not a 'panacea' - recommending it right, left and sideways seems to make some 'feel' good', but, as is amply demonstrated by many who've 'meditated' both 'often' and 'deeply', it doesn't always lead a person to 'sound' stances and 'balanced' problem-resolutions.

As is implied by "Meditation is not for him who eats too much, not for him who eats not at all; not for him who is overmuch addicted to sleep, not for him who is always awake." (The Bhagavad Gita Ch.6), an 'unbalanced' personality is likely to get into more trouble by meditating (that is, by only meditating) - many just become more 'unbalanced' (in more convoluted ways!) if and as they do so without guidance of experiecned/wise/balanced 'supervising' guides.

The same caveat applies to the ingestion of what are called 'psychoactive' substances, of course.
Old 31-01-2018, 10:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
WARNING to emotionally 'troubled' seekers:

'Meditation' is not a 'panacea' - Recommending it right, left and sideways seems to make some 'feel' good', but, as is amply demonstrated by many who've 'meditated' both 'often' and 'deeply', it doesn't always lead a person to 'sound' stances and 'balanced' problem-resolutions.

As is implied by "Meditation is not for him who eats too much, not for him who eats not at all; not for him who is overmuch addicted to sleep, not for him who is always awake." (The Bhagavad Gita Ch.6), an 'unbalanced' personality is likely to get into more trouble by meditating (that is, by only meditating) - many just become more 'unbalanced' (in more convoluted ways!) if and as they do so without guidance of experienced/wise/balanced 'supervising' guides.

The same caveat applies to the ingestion of what are called 'psychoactive' substances, of course.
P.S. Just joining, following the teachings promulgated in, and engaging in the practices of a 'traditional' wisdom-school isn't a 'panacea' either. Neither is choosing and 'submitting' to the 'guidance' established 'officials' in their ranks. Incidences of "the blind leading the blind" (common in "circles" of "followers following followers") whereby all of the parties involved end up "in a set-back ditch" are more common than not, though the peeps involved therein may temporarily feel more 'secure' and become more 'confident' as a result of the mutual reinforcement in the process.

As I said in my book:

"In such quest, adages and directives should not simply be accepted and uncritically followed, no matter how esteemed their source or how brilliant seeming their interpretation. Life is too multidimensional and its components too intricately interwoven for guidelines and prescriptions to always be applicable. As the occasional appropriateness and equally occasional inappropriateness of such oft-quoted maxims as “Haste makes waste” and “A stitch in time saves nine” makes quite clear, what will or won’t do the most good depends on circumstance. In this regard, there are no canonical absolutes."

And:

"Personal discernment and contextual decision-making is always necessary: Life’s multidimensionality and the multimodality of our interconnectedness and interdependence make it such that [even] the 'best' of descriptions will not fully inform you, and [even] the 'best' of guidelines will not indicate exactly what will and what won’t be constructive in relation to others around you, at least not for certain. And even when you are sure of what’s what and what would be best, either because of your own limitations or the positions and actions taken by differing others, you will often find you aren’t able to successfully implement what you think would be the consummate course of action. In such case, identifying and executing the most creative practicable alternative will be epitome of wisdom."

Old 31-01-2018, 11:32 PM
Experiencer

Quote:

I believe in a personal God/Goddess, an actual being, like you or I.

Non-physical, channeled entities teach that God exists. For example, Lazaris, a non-physical entity, says, 'We are here to remind you that there is a God, that there is a God/Goddess/All That Is, who loves you, who knows your name.'

Have you read the Conversations with God books by Neale Donald Walsch? Neale and God speak to each other.

Some thoughts about God: God loves everyone infinitely, equally, unconditionally, and eternally, and never gets angry. He/She understands everyone and everything perfectly and sees everything as it is.

Another important idea is that God didn't 'create' us out of NOTHING- we are FORMS or manifestations of God. In other words, you weren't nothing, then BECAME God; you were God, then became you. You have always been the Universal, and now you take specific form.