Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 23-02-2020, 03:31 PM
Master
Beautifully articulated post, E!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
... allows your greater allowed realisation, of your own ability to always know exactly what you need to know when you need to know it. But the allowing itself, it cannot be done. It can only be allowed.
This allowance concept dovetails with my concept/understanding of the 'operation' of feminine (or female) principle. The female 'power' is to choose what to flow with (and what not to flow with), IMO. The mind-n-spirt focusing mantra/prayer which I suggested/recommended in this regard in my book was/is: “In relation to whoever I am dealing with, whatever comes my way, that which is best for Life is what I’ll know, think, do and say.” We are all 'female' in relation to the Entity of Life - hence the idea-n-feeling of being 'wedded' to It, of being 'Brides' of 'Christ'.

I would like to additionally add that there is more to being a part of the activity of Life than just 'allowing', however. There is the 'operation' of the masculine (or male) principle which is reflected/represented by the word 'do' in the above mantra/prayer as well as in the mantra/prayer “I am Intelligence, the Spirit of Creativity, Positive Purpose in action”, which I also suggest/recommend in my book.

IMO, any kind of Life also involves electing to 'do' (not just 'allow') - we are all both female and male, IOW. (THINL of the implications of THIS!)

To Stillwater:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Am also enjoying this thread ... best to keep quiet and listen!
For all (including you!) of our 'sakes', I hope 'hearing' what I have said above convinces you that what is 'best' includes but is more than just that.

Last edited by davidsun : 23-02-2020 at 04:59 PM.
Old 23-02-2020, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Can we say that true oneness is Samādhi ... anything else being interconnectedness but not oneness?
Uh - it has been for me ----Bliss, yes, being it all, Oneness....and wow...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-02-2020, 07:09 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

great quotes!!
Old 23-02-2020, 08:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
From Swami Sivananda:

Jivatman is the individual soul, a reflection of Brahman in Avidya (ignorance) or the mind. Paramatman is the Supreme Soul, Brahman or the Atman. From the empirical viewpoint, the Jivatman is a finite and conditioned being, while the Paramatman is the infinite, eternal, Sat-chitananda Brahman. In essence, the Jivatman is identical with Paramatman when Avidya is destroyed.

Peace
Yes, you can say the Paramatman is the inner self or the feeling of I AM and the feeling of being and the Jivatman is the outer self, also known as the ego. Jivatman and Paramatman are naturally one and the same, but Jivatman seperates itself from Paramatman by believing in concepts, myths etc. Concepts are/where created for Jivatman to find and know Paramatman within Jivatman on the deepest level, this is known as self realization, later god realization.

If Jivatman knew the truth about Paramatman, Jivatman will not believe in any concept, including the concept of time, concepts about society, life, reality etc.
Old 24-02-2020, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Uh - it has been for me ----Bliss, yes, being it all, Oneness....and wow...

👍🏼👍🏼

Old 24-02-2020, 06:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
This from "Vivekananda: The Yogas and Other Works" page 30 in the biography by Swami Nikhilananda.

Nerandra, understanding the fatal nature of Sri Ramakrishna's illness and realizing that the beloved teacher would not live long, intensified his own spiritual practices. His longing for the vision of God knew no limit. One day he asked the master for the boon of remaining merged in samādhi three or four days at a stretch, interrupting his meditation now and then for a bite of food. "You are a fool," said the master. "There is a state higher than that. It is you who sing: 'O Lord! Thou art all that exists.'" Sri Ramakrishna wanted the disciple to see God in all beings and to serve them in a spirit of worship. He often said that to see the world alone, without God, is ignorance, ajnāna; to see God alone, without the world, is a kind of philosophical knowledge, jnāna; but to see all beings permeated by the spirit of God is supreme wisdom, vijnāna.

Yes ... and yet we need to ‘arrive’ so to speak, to become as such. Meanwhile, we assimilate the direct knowing and bliss we are blessed to have imbibed here & now.

Old 24-02-2020, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes ... and yet we need to ‘arrive’ so to speak, to become as such.

Based on my understanding of what Life is - that is, eternally ever-ongrowing-ongoing Flow - I have a contrasting opinion. May the real jnana 'rise and shine'!

From my book:
Since it is the unseen and intangible source within you which dynamically determines your experience from moment to moment (therefore your fate in the future as well), what could be more worthwhile than creatively aligning Its direction and augmenting Its flow? No endeavor is more crucial than optimizing attitude and intention so they are maximally Life-affirming and Life-enhancing. No logical argument can counter this; take note.

I have deliberately not used phrases like ‘reaching Godhead’ and ‘getting to Heaven’, though what I am advocating is exactly that, because they erroneously imply an end‑destination. In terms of Life, this is a false concept. In case, having found Life’s mode of flux upsetting, you are one who has fallen prey to the temptation to set your sights on an illusion of some sort of utopian finale, let me disabuse you of the notion. The best, ultimately most glorious and joyful attain*ment is not a place or state that one 'arrives' at and stays 'in. Staticity of any kind, if prolonged, leads to stagnation. In terms of Creativity, it is 'death'! The ecstatic ‘peak’ such terms refer to is really not a final attainment or accomplishment, as many naively believe. Rather, as the words ‘Eternal Life’ clearly indicate, it is ever-ongoing creative process.)
And from my treatise;
Breakthrough insights ... may be extremely impressive, “light bulb getting turned on in a previously dark room with the flip of a switchkinds of events, so impressive that said ‘room’ itself, as then seen, may become a “nothing could possibly be ‘better’ than this” kind of logistically selfreifying, hence soul-growth confining and further spiritual-evolution stopping, belief ‘box’, which not infrequently leads to folks becoming ensconced in grotesquely demoniacal (as seen by anyone who isn’t similarly deluded, that is!) box‑smugness☺ wherefrom they regard and relate to others who don’t live in the same ‘box’ in condescending (hence ultimately Love‑and-Joy-in-relation-to-and-with-others diminishing!) ways. To make sure such an attitude doesn’t ‘infect’ you, especially when and as you hear others reinforcingly describing ‘enlightenment’ experiences similar to yours in ‘glowing’ terms, be sure to always remind yourself of the fact that every soul’s ‘journey’ is unique and that said evolutionary journey never ends. Infinity extends in every direction. The projection that there is some kind of ‘ultimate’, or ‘greatest’ possible, realization beyond which there is nothing more or different to realize is delusional!
Like sexual orgasm and the taste of your favorite icecream, what you experience as 'samadhi' or 'bliss' is just one of many possible Life-Flow experiences. You will miss out on Life's growth-and-expression opportunity/ies if, as many seem to declare that they think is 'the Cat's Meeow' here, you get 'hung up' just seeking and enjoying it.
Old 25-02-2020, 03:33 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:

Yes ... and yet we need to ‘arrive’ so to speak, to become as such. Meanwhile, we assimilate the direct knowing and bliss we are blessed to have imbibed here & now.

If by 'arrive' you mean engaging in the various spiritual practices, of which meditation is one, I agree.

This is why I'm perplexed by those who reject all the wisdom gained over the ages and contained within the various spiritual traditions, declaring they find wisdom and Truth within and on their own and without the guidance contained within the prior-mentioned wisdom.

How much different is that than trying to understand the sub-atomic world while rejecting the work of the pioneers in the field and striking out on one's own to rediscover it all by one's self and without any guidance and support?
Old 25-02-2020, 09:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
How much different is that than trying to understand the sub-atomic world while rejecting the work of the pioneers in the field and striking out on one's own to rediscover it all by one's self and without any guidance and support?
This is a 'specious' argument - not worthy of anyone who is really dedicated to and relies on rigorous logic, IMO.

From https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/specious"

Quote:
indent]Definition of specious
1 : having a false look of truth or genuineness : sophistic specious reasoning
2 : having deceptive attraction or allure
3 obsolete : showy[/indent]

If you go back to what you call 'pioneers' in the field understanding our 'worldy' reality, you will find that they thought/believed that its 'constituents' were earth, water, fire, air, ether, etc.

From Ch.7 of The Bhagavad Gita: "Among thousands of men scarcely one strives for perfection, and even amongst those who gain occult powers, perchance but one knows me in truth. Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intellect and personality; this is the eightfold division of My Manifested Nature. This is My inferior Nature; but distinct from this, O Valiant One, know thou that my Superior Nature is the very Life which sustains the universe."

Like those who now think/believe that 'ancient' (hence pre-scientific) views of astronomy wherein the earth was believed to be flat and sun was 'seen' orbit the earth (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth), thinking/believing that the 'age' of the acceptance/embrace of an idea is an indication of its 'veracity', you may wish to stay 'anchored' in the view that you pr3sently espouse, (and that is your choice!), but I submit as a matter of fact that our capacity for 'knowledge' and consequent understanding has evolved waaaaaaaay beyond giving such speculative propositions 'automatic' credence.
Old 25-02-2020, 11:11 PM
JustASimpleGuy

davidsun,

Just to let you know so you don't waste your time, you are the first person to make my ignore list. You won't be coming off either nor will I be viewing any of your posts as it seems your agenda is one of narrow-minded insult and pushing your book and treatise.

You are more than welcome to pursue those ends, however I will no longer participate in any way, shape or form.

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy : 26-02-2020 at 12:01 AM.