Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-10-2019, 02:58 AM
Pathfinder

Religion In The Afterlife?

Hi.

Do you guys think that it is possible that there is (or that there is even a need for) religion, in the afterlife?
  • Is there a God over there?
  • Do people pray?
  • Do people go somewhere special for their "God", if one exists over there?
  • Are the Ten Commandments the name of a sitcom, over there?
There are so many possibilities...it's an interesting thought, I'd say.

Ian.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:01 AM
Master

I recommend to trust neither the answers others give you, nor your own intellect, to make sense of what could be. Your intuition might give you better answers, but in my experience the best way to find out is to learn to enter altered states of consciousness (e.g. through self-hypnosis, meditation, ...), and get first hand access to your inner wisdom.

My answers to your questions:
- no
- no
- n/a
- no comment

But don't trust my answers! You can find out for yourself before getting there.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-10-2019, 06:46 AM
Master

The condition spoken of here as 'the afterlife' is a natural state belonging to the normal laws of the universe. Religions are extended stories related purely to humankind's imagination.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 29-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Master

The death of the physical body does not automatically change a person's nature or a person's beliefs. So we find ourselves somewhere which resonates with our own vibrations.

If billions of humans imagine a Christian Heaven then such a place will exist on the astral plane, shaped by human thought. So Christians with strong faith may find themselves in such a Heaven along with lots of other Christians. There may be astral thought-forms of Christ and the Christian saints who will preach as people expect. For the inhabitants of such a Heaven, it is all very real, and they may believe that there are there for eternity. They are unaware that it is all part of the astral plane and there are many higher planes beyond. But eventually, through boredom or curiosity, they may wonder what else exists.

The astral plane has many realms but is also considered the plane of illusion.

Peace
Old 30-10-2019, 02:48 AM
Pathfinder

IAmThat...

Then, by the same token, there is also, awaiting us, a Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Bo(o)geyman, the Jedi, the Abominal Snowman, the Loch Ness monster, etc.. The degree of existence, on the Astral plane/s would be proportional to the strength of belief of their existence, among what numbers of people, for what length of belief duration, with what faith intensity, I'd suspect. Some of them probably have a more powerful presence on the Astral plane/s than they will ever enjoy, over here! UFOnauts will be delighted, if that's true.

I fully believe, jokes aside, precisely what you said: "If billions of humans imagine a Christian Heaven then such a place will exist on the astral plane, shaped by human thought. So Christians with strong faith may find themselves in such a Heaven along with lots of other Christians."

I find it hard to imagine that boredom is anything more than a response to us, in human form, however. One thing I can happily announce is...unless I'm forced to, I'm never coming back to this hellhole of a planet!

Ian.
Old 30-10-2019, 06:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Haines
IAmThat...

Then, by the same token, there is also, awaiting us, a Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Bo(o)geyman, the Jedi, the Abominal Snowman, the Loch Ness monster, etc.. The degree of existence, on the Astral plane/s would be proportional to the strength of belief of their existence, among what numbers of people, for what length of belief duration, with what faith intensity, I'd suspect. Some of them probably have a more powerful presence on the Astral plane/s than they will ever enjoy, over here! UFOnauts will be delighted, if that's true.

I fully believe, jokes aside, precisely what you said: "If billions of humans imagine a Christian Heaven then such a place will exist on the astral plane, shaped by human thought. So Christians with strong faith may find themselves in such a Heaven along with lots of other Christians."

I find it hard to imagine that boredom is anything more than a response to us, in human form, however. One thing I can happily announce is...unless I'm forced to, I'm never coming back to this hellhole of a planet!

Ian.

I appreciate that you say these things in jest, but the difference between the heavens of various religions and e.g Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy is that no adults believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy whereas billions of adults over the centuries have firmly believed in some kind of heaven.

There may well exist astral thought-forms of Santa, sustained by the beliefs of children. If and when Santa Claus ceases to be part of our culture then these thought-forms will fade away.

As for the Abominable Snowman and the Loch Ness Monster, some people have reported encounters with such creatures, and despite the lack of physical evidence these creatures may exist. Who knows.

Perhaps boredom was the wrong word. Maybe dissatisfaction would be better. A Christian entering their astral Heaven may initially be overjoyed, but such a place is limited and sooner or later people may want something more.

Peace.
Old 30-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Haines
... One thing I can happily announce is...unless I'm forced to, I'm never coming back to this hellhole of a planet!

Ian.

Many of us think that way ...

Form what I learned from my projections, when we die we wake to another "we", with a different perspective of things. We-here are parts of multidimensional we-there. We-here are like individual dreams of those we-there. If you don't like the idea of "dream" because of its not-real connotation, we could call the earthly experiences "labs" where we practice what we've theoretically learned in class over over-there.

So, we can be happy to know that we-here won't be back, but parts of our inner "us" will be back willingly, knowing what to expect and considering it worthwhile.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 30-10-2019, 08:03 PM
Master
Why not the tooth fairy, Santa Clause, etc., there are some here on earth whose religious beliefs say they will have 72-virgins in the afterlife, and they just may, in their dreams. Human life is a powerful dream state; we do not see the world as it is rather we see the world as we are, according to our conditioning. It just may be the same on the other side of human death. Human life is a sensory experience.

Right now, at this very moment, we live in each others dreams. We believe much more than we actually know, and the more I learn the less I really know. We live in each others memories and fantasies of the way it could be, or should be, etc. Most people go through human life wearing rose color, or some other hue, glasses. Perspective is everything.

I find it very interesting when I look deep into another person’s eyes; its’ almost like you can see their consciousness. Everything else is but and image, projected by light or energy. The image of God is on the outside and the likeness of God is on the inside, thus we are created in Gods image and likeness. In my current opinion, but even that too is subject to change.
Old 30-10-2019, 08:24 PM
Suspended
Hi Ian Haines,

There will not be any religion in the afterlife because religion is man-made.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:27 PM
Master

There is everything for everybody. All beliefs.