Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-12-2010, 06:37 PM
EternallyHurt

Some Questions About Spirits ...

Hello all, I have some questions about spirits and it would be very much appreciated and helpful if somebody could answer ...

1. Can a spirit fool you with its identity ? What I mean is, if you ask a spirit who it is ( or who it WAS while it was on Earth ) and it tells you who it was while it was on Earth, is it possible for the spirit to be lying to you ?

2. If so, how long can the spirit lie to you before the truth comes out ?

Again, any answers are well appreciated
Old 20-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Master
To answer your own question, would you assume because someone is dead they are no longer able to lie?

How long is a piece of string?

If the source is of spirit, words will never be necessary. Therefore a lie impossible.
It is the soul to which you do speak, therefore subject to ego, and alas coloured by human nature.
-Sparrow

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
Old 20-12-2010, 12:28 AM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyHurt
Hello all, I have some questions about spirits and it would be very much appreciated and helpful if somebody could answer ...

1. Can a spirit fool you with its identity ? What I mean is, if you ask a spirit who it is ( or who it WAS while it was on Earth ) and it tells you who it was while it was on Earth, is it possible for the spirit to be lying to you ?

well in evidential mediumship they could lie to the medium but it would ultimately come out as a lie when told to the person getting the reading. when giving any type of reading, I never give a reading unless they knew the deceased so they would know any answers coming through.

how are you speaking to the spirits that they are lying to you or you think they are lying to you?
Old 20-12-2010, 02:10 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
To answer your own question, would you assume because someone is dead they are no longer able to lie?

How long is a piece of string?

If the source is of spirit, words will never be necessary. Therefore a lie impossible.
It is the soul to which you do speak, therefore subject to ego, and alas coloured by human nature.
-Sparrow

Great answer!!!!!
Old 20-12-2010, 12:07 PM
SandybytheSea

EternallyHurt, if you can track down the book called Hungry Ghosts by Joe Fisher, I think you'd find it very interesting (and it's a great read, too). It was published about 20 years ago. I'm not sure where you are, but there are quite a few 2nd hand copies in USA, UK and Australia available on abebooks,
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...osts&x=73&y=15
Old 22-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyHurt

1. Look around at all the people you see that are alive - do they lie? I'm sure they do. Spirits are just people. That's all they are. Same as if you are trying to label a Cop. Cops, in the end, are just people, not all of them are nice.

2. That would depend on you, and your own level of intuition. You can easily tell when a person is lying to you, because you can read their facial expressions, their body language, ect. But with a spirit, you may not be able to do this, thus, it comes down to your intuition.
Old 22-12-2010, 03:26 AM
EternallyHurt

The spirit that approached me was a nice spirit ... it never tried to harm me in any of kind of way, shape, or form ... it consoled me when I was upset and oddly enough, for some reason, I saw a piece of myself inside of the spirit ... its very hard to explain ..

The biggest problem I have with the spirit is, it claimed to be someone who was very well known on Earth ... and I dont know how much credit I can give to something like that.

Therefore, I just assumed the spirit a fake.

Thank you all for your answers, though :)
Old 22-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Ciqala

just curious, who did they claim to be?
Old 22-12-2010, 10:32 PM
EternallyHurt

Sorry, but I dont feel comfortable with stating who the spirit claimed to be out in the open ...
Old 22-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Rumar

Only reason why they would try to deceive you would be a personal thing which is rare, most spirits don't care and would go ahead and reveal themselves.