Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-07-2018, 04:24 PM
Knower

what is the difference between astral travel and eckankar out of body travel?

Some eckenkar group saying that astral travel is different from out of body travel and claiming that they teach eckankar out of body travel and not astral travel. Can anyone tell me the difference.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:52 PM
Master
A quick search seems to indicate they are the same.

More seeing that truly being.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:40 PM
Master

Eckankar use the term Soul-Travel to describe their out-of-body experiences, and they claim that ordinary astral travel is confined to the physical, astral and mental planes, whereas Soul-Travel goes beyond these to the Soul Plane, the home of the Soul.

Paul Twitchell (the founder of Eckankar) gives various techniques for leaving the body in Eckankar - the Key to Secret Worlds, and these techniques are very similar to other techniques for astral travel given elsewhere.

Perhaps one difference is the use of a mantra to leave the body - the mantra given by Paul Twitchell (SUGMAD) seems to be unique to Eckankar, and differs from the usual mantras given by other teachers (eg FA RA ON, LA RA SS). Some people find these mantras very effective.

Paul Twitchell has been accused of simply making up much of the Eckankar teachings, borrowing from many other traditions to produce his own spiritual path, but his books are still interesting reading.

In How I Learned Soul Travel Terill Willson describes his experiences of studying Eckankar and learning to leave his body by focusing on the inner sounds in his head.

Different techniques seem to suit different people, but I suspect that it is the applied intention and focus which is important, not the actual technique used.

Peace.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore
Some eckenkar group saying that astral travel is different from out of body travel and claiming that they teach eckankar out of body travel and not astral travel. Can anyone tell me the difference.

There are many, many, realms beyond this physical plane, and what we humans call
the “astral plane” is closest to the physical plane, while other realms are greater and
more expansive than the astral plane.

I have no idea what Eckankar’s out-of-body experiences entail, but having had many
out-of-body experiences myself, lots of out-of-body experiences will go far beyond
the astral plane. It depends on how much a person has let go inside their heart (core)
and mind.

This physical plane is the smallest of all the planes of existence for those who have
reached the development of human consciousness, and once we have literally
experienced an expansion in consciousness, what some call “cosmic-consciousness,”
we literally find our physical human body exists within our own consciousness.

Our consciousness expands beyond our physical body. So there is the experience
of cosmic-consciousness, which is different from having an out-of body experience,
and there are many different kinds of out of body experiences as well.

In an out-of-body experience your “soul,” or deeper being, takes on a new covering,
a new body similar to the substance of the realm that you visit. On the astral plane,
your body resembles the astral plane, on a plane of love and light your body resembles
that love and light. Just like here on Earth, your body is two thirds fluid, similar to this Earth.

Although, in the experience of cosmic-consciousness you are just pure translucent energy,
no thoughts and nothing is objective. A pure incredibly expansive, unfiltered, unformed,
state of consciousness. An you find yourself connected to everything and everything is
within you. Everything exists within that state of consciousness.

For me, there is no such thing as what’s better or what’s’ worst; they are all learning
experiences, which in my opinion, we are all destined to have. Every plane of existence
has something to offer, but the thing is, will we as seemingly an individual consciousness,
take advantage of what is being offered in the here and now, regardless of our existence,
or where we may exist.

P.S. A disclaimer: I am sharing my experience here and how I perceive such, and I am well
aware that others may have a different perception of the same kind of experiences.
Perception changes things for us.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:40 AM
Master
I think we might as well apply what's the difference going to the shops lol ..

We either end up at the shops or we don't .

If we don't then it doesn't mean anything either ..

I have had many O.B.E.'s some are mundane as such where I am just aware of being downstairs when my physical body is upstairs or I am aware of healing the energies of worn torn countries .

There have been times when I have been aware of different worlds where dark energies reside and times where I am listening to time travel lectures in the spirit world .

This leads me to say that everyone's spirit leaves the physical body when the physical body rests at night, doing that at will or letting it happen and not remember doesn't require a title . Where we end up and what we end up doing doesn't require a title .

x daz x
Old 10-07-2018, 10:10 AM
Knower

need guidance from starman.

pls starman, i want to contact u personally but it seems u have not enabled ur private message or email option. pls help me as i am facing some side effects due to out of body expirences which i feel have to share personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
There are many, many, realms beyond this physical plane, and what we humans call
the “astral plane” is closest to the physical plane, while other realms are greater and
more expansive than the astral plane.

I have no idea what Eckankar’s out-of-body experiences entail, but having had many
out-of-body experiences myself, lots of out-of-body experiences will go far beyond
the astral plane. It depends on how much a person has let go inside their heart (core)
and mind.

This physical plane is the smallest of all the planes of existence for those who have
reached the development of human consciousness, and once we have literally
experienced an expansion in consciousness, what some call “cosmic-consciousness,”
we literally find our physical human body exists within our own consciousness.

Our consciousness expands beyond our physical body. So there is the experience
of cosmic-consciousness, which is different from having an out-of body experience,
and there are many different kinds of out of body experiences as well.

In an out-of-body experience your “soul,” or deeper being, takes on a new covering,
a new body similar to the substance of the realm that you visit. On the astral plane,
your body resembles the astral plane, on a plane of love and light your body resembles
that love and light. Just like here on Earth, your body is two thirds fluid, similar to this Earth.

Although, in the experience of cosmic-consciousness you are just pure translucent energy,
no thoughts and nothing is objective. A pure incredibly expansive, unfiltered, unformed,
state of consciousness. An you find yourself connected to everything and everything is
within you. Everything exists within that state of consciousness.

For me, there is no such thing as what’s better or what’s’ worst; they are all learning
experiences, which in my opinion, we are all destined to have. Every plane of existence
has something to offer, but the thing is, will we as seemingly an individual consciousness,
take advantage of what is being offered in the here and now, regardless of our existence,
or where we may exist.

P.S. A disclaimer: I am sharing my experience here and how I perceive such, and I am well
aware that others may have a different perception of the same kind of experiences.
Perception changes things for us.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Master
Quote:
pls starman, i want to contact u personally but it seems u have not enabled ur private message or email option. pls help me as i am facing some side effects due to out of body expirences which i feel have to share personally.
Kishore, I deliberately disabled my private messaging because I was receiving too many pm’s. When you help someone on the spiritual path, you are dealing with their state of consciousness. It requires more than just giving that person advice; it requires a commitment to that person, and I no longer can make such commitments.

I post publicly for everyone to see because you never know who might benefit from sharing a public message. So if you want to post publicly, I will be glad to answer given any knowledge I might have at the moment of answering. And I am sure there are others here in the forum who has something to offer as well. You will get the benefit of the entire community by posting publicly on this forum. Basically, I have some ethical standards that are not congruent with one-to-one online counseling.

We are all dealing with our own consciousness, and what we have put in our consciousness. I approach my meditation practice humbly, with as little ego as I can muster at any given time. Ego does not want to go on this mystical journey and it will definitely rebel against attempts to be quiet inside. Inner silence is your greatest weapon. Forget about labels and titles and embrace the silence that is beyond your thoughts.

Wanting to know why, or what, or how, just feeds ego. We must learn to humbly trust our inner being. From what you have shared here, it appears you have a lot of anxiety, and a part of you wants to know “what category” are you in. There are no categories, and what is happening to you is that you are dealing with your own consciousness, as we all are.

Humble prayer and inner silence will help you more than advice. Read inspirational literature, do some service to others; like volunteering at a charity, food bank, etc. An most of all form a relationship with your inner teacher. All the advice and wisdom you will ever need is right inside of you. It is just a matter of you being quiet and calm enough to access it.

I am sure there are others here who will be glad to have a private conversation with you, but I think more people benefit from public discourse, especially here online where very few of us are using our real names, etc. Public disclosure may help to free you from your secrets; or what you may consider “personal,“ things that you might never say to another person‘s face.

Do not try to figure things out, just let go of them. Figuring things out only keeps us on the hamster wheel. It invests us more in the drama and gets us deeper into the dream. Try inner silence and don’t let what is in your head rob you of what is deep within your heart. Take a relaxing bath, turn off your head, and seek inner peace. Spiritual surrender is very important.

Peace
Old 10-07-2018, 02:05 PM
Knower

pls consider my situation atleast publicly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Kishore, I deliberately disabled my private messaging because I was receiving too many pm’s. When you help someone on the spiritual path, you are dealing with their state of consciousness. It requires more than just giving that person advice; it requires a commitment to that person, and I no longer can make such commitments.

I post publicly for everyone to see because you never know who might benefit from sharing a public message. So if you want to post publicly, I will be glad to answer given any knowledge I might have at the moment of answering. And I am sure there are others here in the forum who has something to offer as well. You will get the benefit of the entire community by posting publicly on this forum. Basically, I have some ethical standards that are not congruent with one-to-one online counseling.

We are all dealing with our own consciousness, and what we have put in our consciousness. I approach my meditation practice humbly, with as little ego as I can muster at any given time. Ego does not want to go on this mystical journey and it will definitely rebel against attempts to be quiet inside. Inner silence is your greatest weapon. Forget about labels and titles and embrace the silence that is beyond your thoughts.

Wanting to know why, or what, or how, just feeds ego. We must learn to humbly trust our inner being. From what you have shared here, it appears you have a lot of anxiety, and a part of you wants to know “what category” are you in. There are no categories, and what is happening to you is that you are dealing with your own consciousness, as we all are.

Humble prayer and inner silence will help you more than advice. Read inspirational literature, do some service to others; like volunteering at a charity, food bank, etc. An most of all form a relationship with your inner teacher. All the advice and wisdom you will ever need is right inside of you. It is just a matter of you being quiet and calm enough to access it.

I am sure there are others here who will be glad to have a private conversation with you, but I think more people benefit from public discourse, especially here online where very few of us are using our real names, etc. Public disclosure may help to free you from your secrets; or what you may consider “personal,“ things that you might never say to another person‘s face.

Do not try to figure things out, just let go of them. Figuring things out only keeps us on the hamster wheel. It invests us more in the drama and gets us deeper into the dream. Try inner silence and don’t let what is in your head rob you of what is deep within your heart. Take a relaxing bath, turn off your head, and seek inner peace. Spiritual surrender is very important.

Peace
Ok, fine it is ur wish, but pls consider atleast publicly my side effects due to out of body expirences like losing interest in practical life, my main issue is right from the time when i started obes, my practical interests have gone decreasing rapidly and now i dont resonate with any practical things anymore, i dont know what os my soul's purpose in this life in terms of practical life. pls guide me if u already grasp ur general soul's purpose towards life, as i feel in general everybody's soul's purpose towards life is same, so it will be a bit helpful to me as i will get some idea of my soul.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Ok, fine it is ur wish, but pls consider atleast publicly my side effects due to out of body expirences like losing interest in practical life, my main issue is right from the time when i started obes, my practical interests have gone decreasing rapidly and now i dont resonate with any practical things anymore, i dont know what os my soul's purpose in this life in terms of practical life. pls guide me if u already grasp ur general soul's purpose towards life, as i feel in general everybody's soul's purpose towards life is same, so it will be a bit helpful to me as i will get some idea of my soul.
In my opinion, your “souls’” purpose is to serve the light; that is everyone’s “soul” purpose, and that service is done in many different ways. If you want to be practical about it do not think too much about it, rather go out and do some volunteer work, and while you are doing volunteer work you may find ways that you can serve the light.

The side effects you are having may be from you not having a balanced spiritual practice. Too much into having the OBE and not enough grounding, or something else similar to that. It might be from the food or drink that you intake, etc. In order for me to make an accurate opinion, I would have to get some background information about your practice, lifestyle, etc. Any counseling a person may receive should look at the entire picture as it relates to that person, and not just one or two questions the person may have.

Usually what the person thinks is happening is just a symptom of something deeper. Nothing operates in a vacuum, everything is connected, so any side effects that you are having is connected to something else. It may be mental, it may be physical, it may be social, it could be a number of things. An without me doing a full assessment of your life I would just be guessing, which is something I would rather not do.

But to be “practical” go out and do some practical stuff. There is a lot of discussion here on this website about meditation, out-of-body experiences, various techniques, etc., but little to no discussion about selfless service. Selfless service prepares us for those greater experiences. I do not advise anyone to just jump into trying to have an out-of-body experience without first doing some conscious prep on their own being; like learning how to let go, etc.

We are dealing with our own mind, our own consciousness, and some of the experiences a person may have beyond this physical world can drive them insane. Can mentally mess them up, or they just may be blocked or stuck emotionally. Especially if they have done no conscious preparation. For me, I had to do a lot of work on myself, digging out things that I had stuffed down inside of me, before I could really appreciate those greater experiences. You need to get with a group of people with like-mind so you can have a support system.

That support system can be at a Buddhist temple, or a non-religious meditation group, or any group of like minds where you can meet face-to-face with people. I think volunteer work is very important also, it helps us generate unconditional love, and it puts our own issues in the background.

Just trying to have an OBE, or doing meditation techniques, without other components that complete a program of spiritual development, in my opinion, is inadvisable. Our attitude directs the choices we make and in spiritual development we have to take care of our attitude, we have to take care of our mind, just like we take care of our physical body. The Great Work of Humanity is the work of self-transformation and that work is done by us working on ourselves.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:08 PM
Master
Kishore, what is the month and day of your birth; I don't need the time or the year. I will do a rather general vibratory reading on the month and day of your birth and post it here; you can review it and let me know how much of it you can relate to.

But here is another exercise that you can do on your own; add all of the numbers in your birth-date together, month, day, and year, and then reduce it to a single digit. This is a numerology way of finding out your lifes' path. For instance: June 5, 1992 amounts to 6+5+1+9+9+2=32, and 32 reduces to 3+2, which equals 5. So the number 5 is the life path for this birth-date, according to this type of numerology exerxise.

The number five is a number of mediation, or a mediator, which might be a teacher, lawyer, facilitator, etc. There is a lot I can say about the number five but you can also find out a lot online about whatever number you come up with. So if this is something you might be interested in, let me know the month and day of your birth, and I'll post something here about that.
It may give you some insight into your journey.