Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 20-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I would beg to differ about Buddhism not being a religion. I think anytime people gather and share same beliefs and then add to them rituals, it becomes it's own religion. Have you ever read some of the history on buddhism? I like a lot of about buddhism, don't get me wrong and when I was trying to find a shoe that fit me...this came pretty close as well as the Tao...but there's always something about it, as I read that troubles me, so once again, I step back and just do my own thing.

Hi Sarian , perhaps you understand Buddhism from your knowledge , from the text you read or from the culture or from the monks ..........that is knowledge NOT Buddhism . Buddhism is beyond knowledge . Buddhism is realization and knowledge is just a tiny part of this process .
In my current understanding ,Buddhism was never a religion and NOTHING is associated with Buddhism nor culture , tradition , teachings , text , Dalai Lama or even Mr Siddharta himself . Mr Siddharta was only the introducer of this realization to mankind that all .
Buddhism is a process of own discovery , searching to know own"self" by being awake , by own realization . A process of knowing , understanding and freeing ownself to be pure , to be empty .
so how can one understand themself if they already think they know themself ? Therefore one have to be free "themself" from knowledge , ego , pride , desire , compassion to understand ownself .
Buddhism is NEVER about meditation , chantting , praying or any ritual that created by human nature of greed .
Thks
CSEe
Old 20-02-2012, 02:02 AM
Master
There are so many religions because there are so many opinions, while we have an opinion on truth, we will never truly know truth, that is from within our inner Being, when you have realized truth from within, all opinions are gone, there is just truth, all you can do is point to it, for you realize now that opinions are just that, opinions, there not worth anything.
Old 20-02-2012, 02:14 AM
Master
Just sharing . Truth is not an answer , truth is not the end but truth is a desire , a process of realization and a process of discovery to understand ownself . This process of continue searching , finding and realization to me is known as Buddhism .
Thks
CSEe
Old 20-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermay
Why do you think?

I think that the truth is very personal and can not be adopted by all in the same way. (Well sounds a bit like Scientology, but no, I'm far from that.)

All religions were based on some knowledge from before.
Is it true? I tend to think so. Most recent ones display dogmas which are borrowed from one or more than one religion of old.

Even well known and long standing organized religions are based on something people believed in very long time ago.
No matter how they were created by men and for which purpose, I think that there is certain truths can be found in all of them and some great errors can be found too.

I love a lot of different teachings from different dogmas, especially the ones where I can find common grounds between them.

I believe that all of us as humans like to create, or maybe not just like, but it is more like a need of our nature. Then we like to organize to be more content with what we created.

All that I think is done to find the truth about live and death, existence of everything and anything.

I too created my own set of beliefs and organized it for myself (not religion, because I don't believe in converting others to what I believe personally).
Instead I'm open and would love to hear what others believe and how, because I strongly believe that every single person has some truths within them.

Would you like to share your opinions?

I think the reason why we have so many religions is so man can have his on doctrine.. you can take one religion and look at the surrounding churches that say they are "pentacostal" but, those five different owned pentacostal churches will have different beliefs and practises all though they are still pentacostal... sorry pentacostal people just an example..

A very long time ago I believe we were trained spiritually from birth and we communicated with everything - animals, plants etc.. but, over time the world trained us to think it silly to practise these beliefs and or the one that wanted to be in control could not duplicate the gift so they just try to eliminate what they can not duplicate..

With that said now as we grow spiritually we have to be re-trained and our minds have to gradually let go of the world training that we got from birth.. So as you know thats a process because when a new gift is presented and we go to share it with someone sometimes they will tell you no and it may very well be yes...

Back to my views on religion.. I see religion as a club... but, The Spirit doesnt have clicks or limits.. I think its awesome to seek God/Higher Being/Universe for yourself that way you can not go wrong..lol.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 20-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
There are so many religions because there are so many opinions, while we have an opinion on truth, we will never truly know truth, that is from within our inner Being, when you have realized truth from within, all opinions are gone, there is just truth, all you can do is point to it, for you realize now that opinions are just that, opinions, there not worth anything.

So true - an opinion can never substitute for an actual experience. It can only give us a map to follow.
Old 22-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Why do you think?

I think that the truth is very personal and can not be adopted by all in the same way. (Well sounds a bit like Scientology, but no, I'm far from that.)

Is it true? I tend to think so. Most recent ones display dogmas which are borrowed from one or more than one religion of old.

Even well known and long standing organized religions are based on something people believed in very long time ago.
No matter how they were created by men and for which purpose, I think that there is certain truths can be found in all of them and some great errors can be found too.

I love a lot of different teachings from different dogmas, especially the ones where I can find common grounds between them.

I believe that all of us as humans like to create, or maybe not just like, but it is more like a need of our nature. Then we like to organize to be more content with what we created.

All that I think is done to find the truth about live and death, existence of everything and anything.

I too created my own set of beliefs and organized it for myself (not religion, because I don't believe in converting others to what I believe personally).
Instead I'm open and would love to hear what others believe and how, because I strongly believe that every single person has some truths within them.

................deleted
Old 22-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Ambermay

Hmm,
You see - there again.
Having read all your responses - I can say that I understand your points of view and where you are coming from.
Some of your opinions and/or beliefs are different from each other, yet some are similar.

And can one say that somebody of us don't speak our truth?
I can't say so. I do believe that what you are saying is true to you and that is what you honestly believe in, being that religion or not.

I personally believe that the word 'religion' is a set of beliefs of every being (or a group of beings), whether it includes deity or not, whether it's organized or not.
And when we think about the only one and ultimate truth - don't we all create it with our little different truths?
Old 22-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Why there are so many different religions to explain the truth of being?
Because there are currently roughly 7 billion beings.
Old 23-02-2012, 08:20 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings AmberMay:

Quote:
Why do you think?

You and I are in agreement here. I like to say that the truth is like a navel--everybody has one!

Oh--there are those (of course) who need to belong and like to jump on the old band-wagon and allow other to tell them what to think--then you have those stubborn folks (like me ) who insist upon thinking for themselves.

I believe that all paths lead (eventually) to the Source and we come here to choose a path and travel it--until we learn what we need to make our way home.

I (also) believe that each Spiritual path has been intrusted with a piece of the puzzle--a sacred pearl of wisdom. Our work is to recognize that we are all a part of the whole--then strive to work together and complete the puzzle--so that we can finally see the entire picture and evolve to the next level.

There is room at the table for all of us...

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 24-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Master
every path leads to the same place because there is only one set of footprints
and
it's
going
round and round in circles
!