Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 19-02-2012, 06:37 AM
Ambermay

Why there are so many different religions to explain the truth of being?

Why do you think?

I think that the truth is very personal and can not be adopted by all in the same way. (Well sounds a bit like Scientology, but no, I'm far from that.)

All religions were based on some knowledge from before.
Is it true? I tend to think so. Most recent ones display dogmas which are borrowed from one or more than one religion of old.

Even well known and long standing organized religions are based on something people believed in very long time ago.
No matter how they were created by men and for which purpose, I think that there is certain truths can be found in all of them and some great errors can be found too.

I love a lot of different teachings from different dogmas, especially the ones where I can find common grounds between them.

I believe that all of us as humans like to create, or maybe not just like, but it is more like a need of our nature. Then we like to organize to be more content with what we created.

All that I think is done to find the truth about live and death, existence of everything and anything.

I too created my own set of beliefs and organized it for myself (not religion, because I don't believe in converting others to what I believe personally).
Instead I'm open and would love to hear what others believe and how, because I strongly believe that every single person has some truths within them.

Would you like to share your opinions?
Old 19-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Rin

I would find it absolutely horrific if the Truth would be personal. While it may be that some truth is very personal this can only be of interest to me with a limited number people I am in a close relationship with. Even that can only be of temporary nature at best.
I think that whatever Truth is deserves much greater attention and so cannot be found in beliefs and personal quirks.
Old 19-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Master
Just sharing . To me , the only truth is to understand "the truth" and thats Buddhism .
Buddhism is a process of own discovery , searching to understand "ownself" by being awake , by own realization .......This process of learning , knowing , understanding and later freeing ownself is to me the only natural truth .
Hope for discussion in order for me to learn more & advance .
Thks
CSEe
( Buddhism IS NEVER A RELIGION )
Old 19-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Just sharing . To me , the only truth is to understand "the truth" and thats Buddhism .
Buddhism is a process of own discovery , searching to understand "ownself" by being awake , by own realization .......This process of learning , knowing , understanding and later freeing ownself is to me the only natural truth .
Hope for discussion in order for me to learn more & advance .
Thks
CSEe
( Buddhism IS NEVER A RELIGION )
I would beg to differ about Buddhism not being a religion. I think anytime people gather and share same beliefs and then add to them rituals, it becomes it's own religion. Have you ever read some of the history on buddhism? I like a lot of about buddhism, don't get me wrong and when I was trying to find a shoe that fit me...this came pretty close as well as the Tao...but there's always something about it, as I read that troubles me, so once again, I step back and just do my own thing.
Old 20-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I would beg to differ about Buddhism not being a religion. I think anytime people gather and share same beliefs and then add to them rituals, it becomes it's own religion. Have you ever read some of the history on buddhism? I like a lot of about buddhism, don't get me wrong and when I was trying to find a shoe that fit me...this came pretty close as well as the Tao...but there's always something about it, as I read that troubles me, so once again, I step back and just do my own thing.

Hi Sarian , perhaps you understand Buddhism from your knowledge , from the text you read or from the culture or from the monks ..........that is knowledge NOT Buddhism . Buddhism is beyond knowledge . Buddhism is realization and knowledge is just a tiny part of this process .
In my current understanding ,Buddhism was never a religion and NOTHING is associated with Buddhism nor culture , tradition , teachings , text , Dalai Lama or even Mr Siddharta himself . Mr Siddharta was only the introducer of this realization to mankind that all .
Buddhism is a process of own discovery , searching to know own"self" by being awake , by own realization . A process of knowing , understanding and freeing ownself to be pure , to be empty .
so how can one understand themself if they already think they know themself ? Therefore one have to be free "themself" from knowledge , ego , pride , desire , compassion to understand ownself .
Buddhism is NEVER about meditation , chantting , praying or any ritual that created by human nature of greed .
Thks
CSEe
Old 19-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Deactivated Account

We are all individuals who view things from our own unique point of view. We could all see the same thing but remember it differently or see things slightly different the the person next to us.

All because we term ourselves as a group - like a society - we still maintain individual thoughts and idea and beliefs. So any religion or beliefs what a group of people may come up with will not suit everyone. So, with their own free will the rest will go and follow their own ideals.

Its time people started treating people as individuals rather then on single entity ie. 'society' someone is from, what 'religion' they adhere to, which 'country' they are from.

'oh those English love to..' Since when can you say what people from England like by all grouping them into one entity! INDIVIDUALS! :p

Some people fail to understand they are individual with their own right to free choice and thought. They follow what they are taught without question and become the hive mind that all think the same and become that one entity.....

...'we are the borg...' :)
Old 19-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Master

Gandhi said, "There are many branches to a tree." People choose whichever 'branch' (or path) they feel most comfortable with, but ultimately all faiths are one. For all the true prophets have taught the same things..... SERVICE, LOVE and NON-VIOLENCE.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 19-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Ascender

Truth is infinite and eternal; it cannot be altered or adapted. However, we have many distortions of Truth that have been filtered by our own mindframes and understandings.
Old 19-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Deactivated Account

SO what is the difference between a belief and a religion? Does a God head worship play a part in it?

I am looking into Buddhism and Tao atm. I wouldnt say it fits all of me, but seems to fit a certain shape on my puzzle board.
Old 19-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Enya

Why are there so many different religions? Because human beings just can't accept simplicity and have to invent 'new' ways to say the same thing over and over again!!!