Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 15-12-2015, 06:47 AM
Experiencer
Our "anti-natured" society...

I arose out of my memory foam bed covered in a bear cave of blanket from my climate controlled room this morning, took a long hot shower, dressed and put on my rubber soled shoes, walked from my door onto the cement and pavement and into my climate controlled car, drove to the climate controlled store, and returned home, never having to put my rubber soled shoe on anything natural. Wow society! That is genuinely impressive. When I catch people outside there designated climate controlled areas I find them to be so uncomfortable that they bury their face in their phone to dull their senses to this terrible situation they have found themselves in...

Anyways, just some social commentary. A group of ravens that follow me on my walk seemed to be pointing this out to me today. They seem to find it sad yet funny. They are a naughty little bunch (they have a habit of dropping things on distracted people, like acorns) but I like them.
Old 15-12-2015, 07:33 AM
Master
Thanks Gazer funny ,but true ,fortunately i dont have a fancy phone ,but i just got a camera and ive been taking photos of the flowers and leaves...best way is too love the acorns hey ,they keep dropping here and there so may as well be ready for them with love..or better still be totally in the moment lol
Old 04-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Suspended

This is why I prefer living in the countryside. Cities are nice places to visit but to live there my soul would absolutely suffocate. I need space, lots of trees, and preferable close to a natural body of water.

@ GreenGazer - Haha! I like your story about the ravens. They are very mischievous creatures.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:24 AM
Ascender
Some people believe that it's good humanity has moved on from the Stone Age because "change is a good thing".
I don't agree with that sentiment.
Humanity has spoilt the earth. There are few people who act as guardians and protectors of the earth but the majority don't.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:00 AM
Experiencer
Our Stone Age ancestors weren't that careful about caring for their environment or fauna. For instance, you only have to stand on any Atlantic coast headland to find masses of chipped flint. During the Stoneage, these headlands would have looked like factory floors, with tons of imported stone, and probably, tons of human excrement and waste. As for Stoneage fauna, our ancestors didn't protect their fauna; you don't see any Mammoths, giant elk or sabre tooth tigers trotting round the countryside anymore, because our ancestors slaughter them all.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:21 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiBach
Our Stone Age ancestors weren't that careful about caring for their environment or fauna. For instance, you only have to stand on any Atlantic coast headland to find masses of chipped flint. During the Stoneage, these headlands would have looked like factory floors, with tons of imported stone, and probably, tons of human excrement and waste. As for Stoneage fauna, our ancestors didn't protect their fauna; you don't see any Mammoths, giant elk or sabre tooth tigers trotting round the countryside anymore, because our ancestors slaughter them all.

But these people were closer to nature.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:39 AM
Experiencer
They were closer (physically) because they had no choice. As for being close 'spiritually' there's no evidence one way or the other. As for modern humanity, I don't agree that we've all been 'anti-natured'. You've only got to visit the seaside or a mountain to see people experiencing and enjoying 'nature'. Or, gardening; people love to garden, which is can be me more beneficial to our floura and fauna than living a hunter gatherer existence.

When we had to exploite nature more fully, we brought most of the giant land
animals to extinction and had a good go at wiping out the giant mammals of the sea. Thankfully, we no longer need to destroy to survive.

Modern existence is also more beneficial to the survival and well-being of human animals. The death rate amongst human babies and the life expectancy of humans increases year by year (for most of us); a triumph and blessing of
nature.
Old 13-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Master
I prefer to live in the country so I do. I prefer trail running as to running on tarred pavement, so I trail run. I prefer the company of natural surroundings- Trees/birds/animals. I sound anti-social I guess or reclusive but I can't tell you how much it troubles me to see people destroying whatever they get their hands on just because they can or they are jerks. One beautiful park has a fence to prevent people from tumbling down into the gorges...but people who insist they must litter because it's too much of a burden to carry it back home or to a trash can, so they litter the beautiful park and trails but not only that, they go a step further and toss it over the fence where it cannot be easily retrieved to clean up since they can't be bothered to do so.

As for cell phone, it grieves me to see people with their heads buried in their phones even if out walking with another. While I'm thankful for a roof over my head and heat when it's cold and a fan when it's hot (no ac in the house) but it's nice in the car...I would rather spend every minute I can outdoors in nature. Don't relish the thought of getting attacked by any wild animals or bee swarms, nature can be harsh as well ,but I'm thankful I have beautiful surroundings still to go to and enjoy.
Old 14-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiBach
They were closer (physically) because they had no choice. As for being close 'spiritually' there's no evidence one way or the other. As for modern humanity, I don't agree that we've all been 'anti-natured'. You've only got to visit the seaside or a mountain to see people experiencing and enjoying 'nature'. Or, gardening; people love to garden, which is can be me more beneficial to our floura and fauna than living a hunter gatherer existence.

When we had to exploite nature more fully, we brought most of the giant land
animals to extinction and had a good go at wiping out the giant mammals of the sea. Thankfully, we no longer need to destroy to survive.

Modern existence is also more beneficial to the survival and well-being of human animals. The death rate amongst human babies and the life expectancy of humans increases year by year (for most of us); a triumph and blessing of
nature.

Overpopulation of humans. Increase in pollution. Animals becoming extinct. Animals on endangered list. Forests disappearing. Very "blessed" world
Old 14-04-2016, 01:22 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
As for cell phone, it grieves me to see people with their heads buried in their phones even if out walking with another.

Indeed....this is one of my pet peeves and one of many, many things I find myself unable to relate to about mainstream society...I often feel detached because I do not fit in with or relate to a lot of "normal" society expectations...

I do not mind if someone is texting/calling if they are trying to touch base with someone who is on their way to the meeting place, emergency situation, or if you are sharing photos on your phone, that's different...I want to engage in "real" communication, eye contact, mutual physical affections, etc. with whomever I am with...