Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-10-2019, 08:19 AM
Master

Christianity loves self - unique, real, individual beings that have their own identity. why try to fit another philosophy over the top of it?
oh well each to their own
Old 27-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Christianity loves self - unique, real, individual beings that have their own identity. why try to fit another philosophy over the top of it?
oh well each to their own

If you are unique, real individual beings that have their own identity then why is having a different approach seen as wrong, individuals do see things differently

It's not about fitting one philosophy over another, it's as you have stated, individuals with their own unique identity..... The problem is what is this so called ' Self '.

You don't wake up one day and decide to question this 'Self ' it's a happening not a doing....
Old 27-10-2019, 01:08 PM
ImthatIm

Deny thyself, pick up your cross and follow me.

Before you can follow Jesus Christ, he says deny yourself,
after this denial then pick up your cross and follow Him.

It is after self denial that one can give their life unto death. IMO
Old 27-10-2019, 03:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you are unique, real individual beings that have their own identity then why is having a different approach seen as wrong, individuals do see things differently

It's not about fitting one philosophy over another, it's as you have stated, individuals with their own unique identity..... The problem is what is this so called ' Self '.

You don't wake up one day and decide to question this 'Self ' it's a happening not a doing....

hello Sky, i don't understand the end goal of self denial or this process, what it is. is there a difference between ego and self in your view?
non-existence surely you don't mean, so what is left?

i'm fine with lots of different approaches you know i'm caught in the middle between fundamentalists and too much new age stuff. i guess i always prefer a sawdust covered floor to a pile carpet intellectually speaking, earthy things and so on are better sign posts to me!
Old 27-10-2019, 04:12 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
“Then He said to them all, 'If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.'” Luke 9:23

To study this word Himself:
Greek Heautou which is translated himself
it's root word is Autos which means a baffling wind.
The Bible makes me laugh many times, when I study it.

(Laughter)Which in my language translates to Good Medicine.