Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 14-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarletmoon
I'm looking for a belief system that will not consitantly say i'm going to hell because i'm a lesbian....do u know of any?
Why conform to what any religion wants, why not have your own path, it doesn't need a name or a church or 'rules' and also allows you to be you.

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 14-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Deactivated Account
Just to add, you don't need to be religious to have or believe in a god:)

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 15-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
Why conform to what any religion wants, why not have your own path, it doesn't need a name or a church or 'rules' and also allows you to be you.
Quote:
Just to add, you don't need to be religious to have or believe in a god:)
But if there is a God, isn't it essential that we know this and that we know how he wants us to live? If God created us then we belong to him and have a resposibility to follow whatever path he has established for us.
Old 15-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
But if there is a God, isn't it essential that we know this and that we know how he wants us to live? If God created us then we belong to him and have a resposibility to follow whatever path he has established for us.

isn't it rather arrogant to assume one can know which of the thousands of human god concepts is the "right" one? or that any of the human concocted deities are accurate portrayals of "God"? and wouldn't individuals have individual paths?
Old 15-04-2011, 05:02 PM
AngelBreeze

• Lingering Questions! •

Greetings ALL,

Since an organization was brought up by Theophilus in relation to what is being discussed here, what I would like to see is your opinion on what the news reports have brought out about the three former leaders (including one co-founder) of Exodus International who according to the reports said the ministry caused Gays and Lesbians harm to include some quite serious health issues.

So, knowing that, from those who worked directly with that organization, I can't imagine anyone suggesting to another, as was apparently done to the original posting party who was asking for a belief system or religion with which to worship that they instead be redirected to this place with what the former leaders have brought out. I believe that to be very insensitive and ill thought out and am concerned in light of what the ex-leaders had to say. Since God created everyone, when God calls them to worship, they should feel free to go to the church of their choice without undue badgering.

There are many people of all ages today, we have learned through the media, who are being badgered in schools, attacked in streets, killed, and some even driven to suicide, as in the younger folks, because of their sexual orientation that my heart goes out to them and one simply cannot continue in the vein of telling them they are not welcomed at home or elsewhere. To those who are particularly impressionable, that could cause some rather tragic consequences if they were to take that kind of opinion seriously. But the biggest factor in this is that there is no place in the Holy Bible that I have found where Jesus Christ specifically targets Gay and Lesbian people and condemns them for their lifestyle. That has weighed much in the way I now view things since it is by the Blood of Jesus that we are Saved. Other passages that attempt to marginalize those of a same-sex lifestyle have also been proven to be speaking about something entirely different and not germane to the subject at hand. And if He, whom The Father has sent to Earth does not condemn these people, who can claim greater authority to do so I would ask.

Again, I will say that when a person is called in their heart to worship God, instead of helping them to find a church where God welcomes ALL, they instead don't mind sending them to a place that tries to change people from a homosexual lifestyle despite what those who formerly led that organization had to say is mind boggling and being that it is a serious issue, I would like to understand why anyone would recommend a place that could be potentially harmful to them according to those who worked there? I would therefore like to ask Theophilus if he was not aware of this and other similar stories that are out in the Internet, media, etc. before posting that link? And if you were, why would you still post it is what I'm trying to understand? The lady who originally posted her message here was apparently only looking for a place to worship and nothing else.

http://pomomusings.com/2007/07/11/fo...inistrys-harm/

And then there's the story of the president of Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, who is a Rabbi, being against an app. that could be considered not APP-ropriate for the targeted audience. http://news.change.org/stories/rabbi...y-cure-app?amp

Any opinions on that?

Deus tecum and my special wishes for many blessings and a beautiful day!

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)
Old 15-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
isn't it rather arrogant to assume one can know which of the thousands of human god concepts is the "right" one? or that any of the human concocted deities are accurate portrayals of "God"? and wouldn't individuals have individual paths?

I would a agree.. By saying we have a "Responsibility" to know how God "Wants us to Live" .. it immediately kicks in the fear and stress factor of another human being. It is a great lead in to tell someone that God considers them a hell bound sinner because of their sexual preference.. and then slowly begin to mold their mind because you have softened their will with feelings of dread.

Then once the virus of religious fear has taken more root within the mind of the individual, they will accept whatever God you are selling... and bingo, you've won another convert for the Kingdom.

How about just presenting your belief in an essay that is not filled with mind bending, will withering key words that work directly on the subconscious... and just let the reader/seeker decide if what you wish to offer resonates with them or not.
Old 15-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Sungirl

paganism welcomes anyone... however you are better finding a belief system that sits well with you and just hold the knowing that you are as [insert name of higher power] made you and perfect as you are.
Old 15-04-2011, 09:52 PM
mac

Quote:
I'm looking for a belief system that will not consitantly say i'm going to hell because i'm a lesbian....do u know of any?

Is it only a belief system that you're wanting, a church to attend where being gay is accepted? Is that what you're looking for or is it to understand what life's about, rather than what the church tells you to believe?

As long as you're tied to the Bible teachings of mainstream churches I fear you'll face a constant struggle because of what's written there. When I'm in the USA mainstream religion makes me feel almost like I'm in the Dark Ages.

My own religion pays no heed to either Biblical writings or to the dogma of mainstream churches - but that's in the UK. Homosexuality or lesbianism has no importance in my own because only love counts - and that's not governed by sexual orientation which is purely an issue of our physical dimension.
Old 15-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Master
I agree with Daisy. Why would you want or need a religion anyway. god is all around you. Don't need to conform to man's sets of rules. the best thing you can do for yourself is free yourself from the shackles of religions. But if you feel the need or desire to fellowship with people, perhaps you should check around. Sometimes i wish I could find a place that just had spiritual people with no religion tied to them, and I did a search on the internet and found a place that looks pretty cool. I never ended up going at all. I think I was afraid I'd just find more religion or rules and regulations again...sigh. Accept yourself, love yourself and I think thinks will all fall into place for you.
Old 16-04-2011, 04:13 AM
Master
Quote:

I heard about this guy who says he is a divine immortal being and that everyone is perfect exactly how they are. You might give that a try.

Oh wait, that was me. Um....yes, I do know of a belief system that fits your requirements. In fact I don't even believe in hell except as a state of mind. Accept your own divinity and you can stop looking for it elsewhere.